Has anybody used 7Digital for buying music on their device? if so where do the files gets saved so that they can be transferred off and are they DRM free?
    06-29-11 04:05 AM
    I haven't bought any music from the Playbook app but I also have the Torch app installed and have bought mucis on that. I think it gets stored in a 7Digital download folder but it is accessible from the music player on your device. The files are DRM free; I have been able to move them around and play them on numerous devices. 7Digital has a download limit - you can download your bought music up to five times but if you wanted to do so more than that you would have to pay again.
    06-29-11 07:04 AM
    Cheers gnome, think i may buy a file and report back to you where it is saved. and how easy it is to rip off to put onto other devices. The other question i have is it mp3 format or can you schoose the format and have flac if you wanted?
    06-29-11 08:13 AM
    7digital music gets saved in the Music folder, in a folder called Downloads.

Note that 7digital gives you a "locker", so if you login to your account on a different device, you can just download your purchased music from 7digital onto that device.

All the music I've purchased so far has been in MP3 format.
    06-29-11 09:12 AM
    jnak00, is the music DRM protected?
    06-29-11 10:19 PM
    jnak00, is the music DRM protected?
    No, RIM has stated multiple times it's DRM free.
    06-30-11 06:14 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD