2400 ish apps.. i may be totally off base here but looking like that..

and about 5 added since 13 th..

Think they may have to speed it up a tad.. oh and organize it better on the playbook
    05-15-11 03:38 PM
    quality over quantity.
    Want more plinko type apps?
    05-15-11 03:59 PM
    We do have a doz Bible apps.. We hear about apps in the pipe..it is a small pipe. And quality has not been staggering.. Then again just one persons opinion.

I did find that drawing physics game quite inventive.
    05-15-11 04:06 PM
    Yup LOTS of quality BMI calculators out here. Serious business apps are far and few between.
    05-15-11 04:35 PM
    As long as the keep it to just the one Fart app, I'll be happy.
    05-15-11 04:37 PM
    As long as the keep it to just the one Fart app, I'll be happy.

you know that just gave THEM the go to make burp apps..
    05-15-11 04:41 PM
    i make it 2369. just login to the website with your BBID, that will filter to PB only apps, then click on a category for all category totals to show (same for any BB btw).
    05-15-11 05:19 PM
    wow just over 2000, i didn't think it was that little, android can't come soon enough.
    05-16-11 01:03 AM
    quality over quantity.
    Want more plinko type apps?
    You really cant use that argument on the playbook... because "quality" does not describe most apps in app world at this moment.
    05-16-11 01:36 AM
    I think she was stating her wishes more than what is currently there. I'd rather have 10,000 quality apps available than 400,000 crap apps.
    05-16-11 02:28 AM
    These apps have neither quality nor quantity. I have not found a single must-have app yet.

I'd be happy with just two more apps.

Skype and Kindle would satisfy a lot of people.
    05-16-11 08:03 AM
    Agreed 100%! Who cares about quantity when the basics are still missing!

I hope RIM is doing something behind the scenes to get us Skype, Kindle, Twitter and Netflix streaming movies. If we had a good option for those, along with email and VNC, then I'm a happy camper!

Where the **** is approval for aMail? Get with it, RIM!!! aVNC kicks *** and I'm really annoyed that they seem to be holding up aMail!

These apps have neither quality nor quantity. I have not found a single must-have app yet.

I'd be happy with just two more apps.

Skype and Kindle would satisfy a lot of people.
    05-16-11 09:58 AM
    What about a good navigation program?
    05-17-11 01:22 PM
    a good turn by turn navi would be great..and aproper epub pdf viewer
    05-17-11 01:37 PM
    Many developers were discouraged by bad sales after launch. With the Android player around the corner, native apps will for the most part be a thing of the past. RIM's strategy is terrible in regard to developer relations.
    05-17-11 04:34 PM
    I'm sure sales would improve if RIM would start approving apps a bit quicker. After all I'd be willing to bet there's some pretty good apps out there awaiting approval, i.e. aMail....
    05-17-11 05:25 PM
    Many developers were discouraged by bad sales after launch. With the Android player around the corner, native apps will for the most part be a thing of the past. RIM's strategy is terrible in regard to developer relations.

That is true, but, there are a few essential native apps/programs that must be improved or offered:
    VOIP with common vendors
    adrobe reader (improved)
    Doc2Go (improved)
    video controls (improved)
    picture control/edit
    file manager with ability to make/delete/move files and folders
    consistency of file management between programs/apps
    ability to side load program/apps
    e-reader (and improved Kobo) with side loading ability.

I too wait for Android
    05-18-11 04:29 PM
    Many developers were discouraged by bad sales after launch.
    so being the 2nd best selling tablet launch of the decade (3rd if you class ipad and ipad2 as seperate) is bad sales? best not look at android tablet sales then lol
    05-18-11 04:58 PM
    so being the 2nd best selling tablet launch of the decade (3rd if you class ipad and ipad2 as seperate) is bad sales? best not look at android tablet sales then lol
    LOL, wow. Stretching much?

First, I was talking about app sales, which are ABYSMAL. Even if you make top 25, your sales are laughable compared to what can be done on iOS. If you aren't top 25 or featured, then you might as well not even be there. This is the #1 problem with PlayBook for developers right now, and it's ultimately why nobody is going to stick around. Why take that risk when you can develop for Android, covering most of the market, then quickly port to PB as a second thought? What is the reward going to be for native development?

Now, if you want to talk hardware sales, PB is still only shipping a fraction of the number of iPad 1/2 units sold. Second best doesn't count for anything if your market share is 2%.

Look, I know your paper airplane app is doing well (at least as far as PB apps go), and I'm sure you're very excited, but don't think for a second that developers are going to ignore the hard evidence right in front of their faces and continue to support the PlayBook when it doesn't put up satisfactory numbers at the bottom line.
    05-19-11 09:49 AM

First, I was talking about app sales, which are ABYSMAL. Even if you make top 25, your sales are laughable compared to what can be done on iOS. If you aren't top 25 or featured, then you might as well not even be there. This is the #1 problem with PlayBook for developers right now, and it's ultimately why nobody is going to stick around. Why take that risk when you can develop for Android, covering most of the market, then quickly port to PB as a second thought? What is the reward going to be for native development?

Now, if you want to talk hardware sales, PB is still only shipping a fraction of the number of iPad 1/2 units sold. Second best doesn't count for anything if your market share is 2%.

Look, I know your paper airplane app is doing well (at least as far as PB apps go), and I'm sure you're very excited, but don't think for a second that developers are going to ignore the hard evidence right in front of their faces and continue to support the PlayBook when it doesn't put up satisfactory numbers at the bottom line.
    wow! nice over reaction, all i did was point out the facts of how many have sold.
    05-19-11 03:27 PM

Why must a Dev pick one or the other? I don't think anyone seriously expects an App to make more money in sales on the Playbook vs iOS, right now. Your response seems out of left field. If you were really trying to maximize revenue, you would open up to all avenues possible. Don't forget the phones will be moving to QNX soon also.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by Blacklac; 05-19-11 at 04:40 PM.
    05-19-11 03:39 PM
    Except that nobody actually pay money to buy android apps.

Playbook apps sales are abysmal because the apps themselves are abysmal.
    05-19-11 03:41 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD