Why are there no Olympic Apps on the playbook?

I have seen a couple ads so far...with all apps portrayed on apple's iPad.

C'mon RIM and developers....show us some love.
    07-27-12 08:33 PM
    Why are there no Olympic Apps on the playbook?

I have seen a couple ads so far...with all apps portrayed on apple's iPad.

C'mon RIM and developers....show us some love.

I know its very disappointing, I would have hoped RIM pushed for a Olympic app. In Canada where the BlackBerry CTV olympic app doesn't even work properly (couldn't even stream the opening ceremony on crappy CTV Olympic app). Its a shame that the CTV didn't even make a PlayBook app. The worst part of their CTV olympic website is that it requires silverlight.
    07-27-12 09:28 PM
    Get used to the feeling.

Developers flock to devices that sell.
    07-27-12 09:38 PM
    Get used to the feeling.

Developers flock to devices that sell.
    Why is it that developers like Magmic state that BlackBerry is their most profitable platform they develop on?

Newsflash, developers don't "flock" to devices that sell, not all the time and certainly not often enough to actually make a general statement like that.
    anon(3896606) likes this.
    07-27-12 09:52 PM
    Strange but on the 26th I was able to connect directly to NBC Live Xtra Streaming. My provider is COMCAST. I watched soccer and thought all was good. Later in the day I lost TV and cable service. Service was restored after a few hours, but now I can no longer log in on my Playbook, though I am able to log in by wireless on my laptop. Any thoughts about what changed?
    07-28-12 12:15 PM
    This is the very reason I wiped my Playbook, loaded it up with kids game, gave it to my kids to play with and picked up a Nexus 7. So frustrating to not have access to the more popular apps out there. Hopefully that will change with BB10 and I can then grab the Playbook back from the kids LOL
    07-28-12 10:28 PM
    Been using the nbc Olympics Site for searching, setting reminders, watching live and archive videos. I guess an app would be ok but it's not necessary.
    anon(971570) and NARva like this.
    07-29-12 09:18 AM
    Been using the nbc Olympics Site for searching, setting reminders, watching live and archive videos. I guess an app would be ok but it's not necessary.

As always, only available for idevices and android devices.

You can use nbc live extra (via web browser) but u have to have a subscription and an account with a third party source, like dish tv.
    07-29-12 10:43 AM
    Why is it that developers like Magmic state that BlackBerry is their most profitable platform they develop on?

Newsflash, developers don't "flock" to devices that sell, not all the time and certainly not often enough to actually make a general statement like that.
    You do realize that you scolded him for making generalizations, while offering a cherry picked example as evidence of the contrary. And by the by, the BlackBerry platform encompasses much more than the playbook.

Developers developing for platforms with the largest audiences does not seem terribly irrational. How else can you explain why there is no playbook app. CTV wanting to limit their audience and spite RIM? I'm betting they made the call that the guy with the playbook also has a laptop, or a phone or an ipad they could get their hands on. With limited resources why make a playbook app when the ios and android apps already need more work. I'm a playbook owner and a Canadian, but this is getting to the last straw for me.

It seems ridiculous I can't even watch the feed from the website from my playbook. With each passing day it seems like this device is being relegated to do less and less in my life. I seriously my doubt my experiences are unique.

I ended up watching the feed from my laptop and smartphone instead.
    07-29-12 11:02 AM
    Tried converting two of the official Android apps. The official "London 2012" app doesn't seem to work for me (force closes once loaded). The BBC app does seem to be working. Both are in the attached zip.
    07-29-12 12:49 PM
    My challenge is i USED to be able to stream the video with my direcTV login. Now it won't allow a login to stick. It keeps returning to the select your provider screen. Tried and failed with the BB browser, TabletTV (same browser), and SimpleBrowser+. Any tips would be appreciated.

dlc
    08-02-12 04:42 AM
    We are all having the same issue, obviously NBC changed something, and since they don't officially support the PB, they are probably not going to be much help.
    08-02-12 10:06 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD