Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree2Likes
    CrackBerry User

Quote Originally Posted by BgDog999 View Post
    Hey Gang,
    Loving my PB!! Buuuuuuuuut, the Calendar stopped accepting appointments. I open native Calendar on my PB, Tap on a date, it says that my "schedule is free", I tap on the "Add Appointment", It goes to a blue highlighted box saying "no subject" on the right side agenda area, I tap on the blue box and nothing, I tap on the create event box in the lower left corner of the screen and nothing, the keyboard never comes up. I'm hoping that I'm just being a dork and not doing something simple. Please help
    I'm having this issue as well. Far from being a solution, I have managed to find some information regarding this issue. I completely removed my Google account info and added it again. I now receive the the following error message for the calendar;

http://www.google.com/calendar/dav/u...ail.com/events server is unavailable and your calendar account can't be added. Please try again later

Using this url in a desktop browser reports the page is not available but if you add a "/" to the end of the url in the desktop browser i.e. http://www.google.com/calendar/dav/u...ail.com/events/ it works!

This looks like Google themselves have made a change which is causing an issue for some users. Now, is there a way to change the path that the PB points to to that the "/" can be added?
    CrackBerry User

Quote Originally Posted by Cloobster View Post
    I'm having this issue as well. Far from being a solution, I have managed to find some information regarding this issue. I completely removed my Google account info and added it again. I now receive the the following error message for the calendar;

http://www.google.com/calendar/dav/u...ail.com/events server is unavailable and your calendar account can't be added. Please try again later

Using this url in a desktop browser reports the page is not available but if you add a "/" to the end of the url in the desktop browser i.e. http://www.google.com/calendar/dav/u...ail.com/events/ it works!

This looks like Google themselves have made a change which is causing an issue for some users. Now, is there a way to change the path that the PB points to to that the "/" can be added?
    I have tried every suggested permutation to add a CalDAV account for Google Calendar and just cant get it to work. Very frustrating!

I ended up deleting all my Gmail account settings and adding Gmail, Calendar and Contacts through ActiveSync. This works just as well. The settings are as follows;

Description: <anything you like>
    Domain: m.google.com
    User name: <your email address>
    Email address: <your email address>
    Password: <your password>
    Server Address: m.google.com

It's that simple. I can now add Calendar entries and multiple Calendars are still supported. Happy days...
    Thanked by:
    Hambone678 (02-05-2013) 
    CrackBerry User

Quote Originally Posted by Cloobster View Post
    I have tried every suggested permutation to add a CalDAV account for Google Calendar and just cant get it to work. Very frustrating!

I ended up deleting all my Gmail account settings and adding Gmail, Calendar and Contacts through ActiveSync. This works just as well. The settings are as follows;

Description: <anything you like>
    Domain: m.google.com
    User name: <your email address>
    Email address: <your email address>
    Password: <your password>
    Server Address: m.google.com

It's that simple. I can now add Calendar entries and multiple Calendars are still supported. Happy days...
    So the problem is Google? Rather than go through what you did I would probably just un sync my Google calendar.
    Scrybe likes this.
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    23003E12

Default Re: 2.0 Calendar Problem

that solved it, thanks!!
    CrackBerry User

Make sure you delete ALL the google settings before you do this, otherwise you will have two syncs for the email account and receive two copies of every message!
    CrackBerry Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by BgDog999 View Post
    IT'S FIXED!!!!!! Thank you all!! On advice from you guys I changed my default to PlayBook and BAM! everything is working as it should and all is well. Thank you
    How did you do this? I use mine for work and it's sync'd with my Gmail calendar, but I have exactly the same problem , what do I do?
    CrackBerry Newbie

thank you, you have saved me from becoming an alcoholic, it all stared after a security swipe and did not change with a second swipe or numerous reboots.
    CrackBerry Newbie

I am having the same problem. Please can someone advise
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12