Hey Gang,
    Loving my PB!! Buuuuuuuuut, the Calendar stopped accepting appointments. I open native Calendar on my PB, Tap on a date, it says that my "schedule is free", I tap on the "Add Appointment", It goes to a blue highlighted box saying "no subject" on the right side agenda area, I tap on the blue box and nothing, I tap on the create event box in the lower left corner of the screen and nothing, the keyboard never comes up. I'm hoping that I'm just being a dork and not doing something simple. Please help
    03-22-12 02:56 PM
    Never heard of that happening. Do you have more then one calendar associated on it?
    03-22-12 03:11 PM
    Never heard of that happening. Do you have more then one calendar associated on it?
    I have it Synced
    03-22-12 03:13 PM
    my refuses to even open! any ideas.
    03-22-12 03:24 PM
    Looking into both issue. Will try to find some answers for you
    BgDog999 likes this.
    03-22-12 03:25 PM
    Try this. Open Calendar. Swipe down from top. On left side tap PlayBook. Check your calendar to see if your appointments appeared. Report back SVP.
    03-22-12 03:26 PM
    Now I can see the highlighted events but when I tap I get nothing. I've noticed that nothing will pop up in which to see or edit....FRUSTRATING!!! This was one of the Apps that I was looking forward to the most in 2.0
    03-22-12 03:28 PM
    Try this. Open Calendar. Swipe down from top. On left side tap PlayBook. Check your calendar to see if your appointments appeared. Report back SVP.
    on top when I swipe down I get boxes across the top .."playbook" with a green check, "Yahoo" green check, personal "yahoo" green check, "gmail" green check, then...refresh, settings, help
    03-22-12 03:31 PM
    on top when I swipe down I get boxes across the top .."playbook" with a green check, "Yahoo" green check, personal "yahoo" green check, "gmail" green check, then...refresh, settings, help
    Un-checked all but "playbook", tapped refresh, tapped on a date, tapped on add event in lower left, nothing pops up
    03-22-12 03:34 PM
    Have you rebooted?
    03-22-12 03:54 PM
    Have you rebooted?
    Ive restarted....I'll reboot and see what happens. When I sync with google and yahoo in the boxes the highlighted dates apear on my calendar. However I can't get anything to open for editing or viewing when I tap or press on it.
    03-22-12 04:30 PM
    Rebooted.....opened Calendar....tapped on a date...agenda opens up on right side...tap add event on lower left of screen, the little box turns blue for a second.....nothing pops up.
    Calendar can't be deleted and re-installed?
    03-22-12 05:10 PM
    i had that problem too i just changed the appointment stetting from playbook calendar to gmail calendar instead and it started recording the appointments
    03-22-12 05:14 PM
    i had that problem too i just changed the appointment stetting from playbook calendar to gmail calendar instead and it started recording the appointments
    appointment setting?
    03-22-12 05:18 PM
    Guys?? Don't leave me!!! I did a google search for the problem and still have found nothing. So, if you guys can't find it, I'm pretty much done
    03-23-12 09:37 AM
    Is there a VERY low tech way to delete and re-install Calendar perhaps?
    03-23-12 09:38 AM
    Don't know about deleting it but have you turning sync off just to see what happens?
    03-23-12 09:48 AM
    Don't know about deleting it but have you turning sync off just to see what happens?
    I've unSynced everything and also tried just checking the Playbook sync.....when I hit add event the little box turns blue for a second but nothing pops up. I can't believe I'm the only one this is happening to.
    03-23-12 04:31 PM
    i think im in the same boat as you as said before, when you open the calendar click the plus on the botttom left corner to add a note or appointment, at the calendar option change it from playbook local to your gmail or hotmail account and see if your appointments will add and save then. thats how i got my appointments to work because it would not work with the local playbook calendar option for me
    03-23-12 05:33 PM
    i think im in the same boat as you as said before, when you open the calendar click the plus on the botttom left corner to add a note or appointment, at the calendar option change it from playbook local to your gmail or hotmail account and see if your appointments will add and save then. thats how i got my appointments to work because it would not work with the local playbook calendar option for me
    The plus button is the one that will push open the agenda bar on the right.....but nothing else pops up to add, edit or anything.....no keyboard, no nothing....that little box in the bottom left corner just turns blue for a second....This sucks
    03-23-12 07:36 PM
    IT'S FIXED!!!!!! Thank you all!! On advice from you guys I changed my default to PlayBook and BAM! everything is working as it should and all is well. Thank you
    yanicmb likes this.
    03-26-12 11:01 AM
    The calendar app is native so I don't think you can delete & reinstall it. Have you tried clearing your email/calendar accounts & setting them up again? This seems to fix other email/calendar problems.

You can also add an appointment by just tapping in the day view on the right, an add appointment box appears and if you tap the add appointment box, you should get the edit window.

I haven't seen this problem in the forum - have to do some searching.
    03-26-12 09:32 PM
    I have the same problem, I can't add events to my calendar. The event icon does nothing . I called Technical Support (have 50 days left of free support) but got disconnected twice.Watched how to use calendar video and mine is just not doing what it's supposed to.
    04-11-12 11:51 AM
    I seem to be having this problem too. I have a Gmail and Facebook calendars loaded and synced. I have tried all different combinations of calendar and rebooting the app. I will reboot the pb and report back.
    01-19-13 04:11 PM
    Well, rebooting the PB didn't solve the problem. I guess I'll call tech support during the week.
    01-19-13 04:25 PM
34 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD