Hi folks,

Just wanted to share something I discovered recently. There are several very powerful Photoshop apps online you can easily access from the PlayBook browser, no registration or account needed! Just upload, edit and save it back to your Playbook!

Here are the apps I tested on my Playbook. Some better than others. Try and comment! There are a few really good ones that run full screen, amazing (Pixlr, splashup, sumopaint, picmonkey) and lots of others that do some cool effects:

pixlr.com (the best)
    ipiccy.com (also good)
    phixr.com (ok)
    splashup.com (nice one)
    sumopaint.com (awesome)
    picmonkey.com (pretty cool)
    picmeleo.com (basic and need to sign up for free account)
    photofunia.com (interesting, just effects)
    picfull.com (some simple effects)
    photo505.com (also effects)
    citrify.com (good)
    fotoflexer.com (also cool)
    photoshop.com (can test drive editor, but not free)
    drpic.com (ok)
    picjuice.com (simple)

Try these out. As long as you are on wifi, these online "apps" are really amazing. Just bookmark them to your home screen to make a launcher icon!
    (by the way, I attached an image I edited on Pixlr to make a PlayBook wallpaper)
    El Cid and matt_ttam like this.
    05-20-12 11:15 PM
    pixlr is my favorite too and i've been using it for a long time. I wasn't aware of the others so thank you for sharing this list with us!
    05-21-12 08:03 AM
    I did like pixlr. the Jean filter gives good vintage.
    05-21-12 08:11 PM
    Wow! Glad to share and be helpful... Made front page news on Crackberry today! I feel so honored! I truly hope these sites are useful to the Playbook community and glad to let everyone know, because I had no idea so many good ones existed!

While everyone is complaining about the lack of apps, we Playbook users have had THE BEST tablet HTML5 Webkit implementation that exists, and with Flash! And we should be proud of that. This means we can take advantage of so many online apps in the meantime, and consider that it should be also possible to convert them over to run locally (I believe there is a project already underway to convert pixlr to a local BAR).

I am still AMAZED at how much you can do "in the clouds", with no registration required, just upload your image straight from the Playbook, edit, and save it back to your Playbook. It is so EASY! It's awesome! Thanks Crackberry for spreading the word!
    05-21-12 08:39 PM
    I bookmarked it. I'll be using that to testdrive any editing that needs to be done.

Now if there was some no-registration needed online video editors for the playbook/desktop cross-breeds, I'd be so happy!!

Thank you so much for sharing!!
    05-22-12 03:17 AM
    Comment on Photoshop.com, I use this for some years now and my version is free and works like a charm on the playbook.
    05-22-12 07:47 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD