- 12-05-12, 04:49 PM #3
Re: Why do some BARs not work?
It's the coding. The Android Player is built on Gingerbread 2.3. Depending on the API build, there may be function calls Worthing the app that aren't supported by the player.
Plus, it seems like most of the apps that transfer over are Java based (made using the Android SDK). Apps that include native C++ code (Android NDK) seem to be the ones that fail. The Android Player doesn't seem to fully support all of the Android operating system, just a subset.
- 12-06-12, 06:14 PM #4
The Android is so fractured that not even all native apps will function on all devices. Unlike the Playbook Androids come in many different configurations and CPUs....... Not all are compatible with each other either.
- By cre8tor in forum BlackBerry OS AppsReplies: 1Last Post: 12-20-10, 12:33 PM
- By jayberrys in forum BlackBerry OS AppsReplies: 2Last Post: 12-15-10, 06:45 PM
- By dairyberry in forum General BlackBerry DiscussionReplies: 7Last Post: 11-27-10, 09:23 AM
- By dairyberry in forum BBOS Phone AccessoriesReplies: 7Last Post: 11-27-10, 09:23 AM
- By rik4051 in forum BlackBerry Curve 83xxReplies: 0Last Post: 03-18-09, 05:23 PM