Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    212 Global Posts
    PIN
    298E53D4
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Sideloaded Shazam not working since OS 2.1

Hi,

I can't seem to get my sideloaded version of Shazam working since the latest operating system upgrade. When I go to tag a song (make the app listen to the song), I get an error message saying "unable to tag, try again?" It is a never ending cycle. I have tried a reset, deleted the app and sideloaded again but it still doesn't work.

Has anyone experienced the same thing? Can anyone let me know what is the latest version of Shazam as I may have a very old version.

Thanks
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    157 Global Posts

Default Re: Sideloaded Shazam not working since OS 2.1

Same problem here and confirmed by others. Another one of those "improved android experience" features RIM added with OS 2.1.

Thanks RIM!

TRJB
    CrackBerry Genius

Come on. Sure, Shazaam doesn't work for me either under 2.1. And, it didn't work under either the first or second 2.1 beta, but it did work under 2.0 for me. That being said, Shazaam is the ONLY android app that stopped working for me after going to 2.1, while I have a number of apps installed now that couldn't run under 2.0. Further, many of my other android apps are much more stable running on 2.1, plus I now can run multiple android apps simultaneously and the android player's annoying habit of freezing under 2.0 is now virtually gone. Indeed, thank you RIM for the much improved android experience.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    212 Global Posts
    PIN
    298E53D4
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #4  

Yes I have noticed some of my other Android apps are running better since the update. I was just wondering if anyone knew how I could fix Shazam or whether there is an alternative that I could instal. I do use this app a lot so it would be a shame to lose it.
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    217 Global Posts

In my experience there are several apps that use the microphone that aren't working anymore. SoundHound stopped working as well.
    CrackBerry Newbie

The problem is with web suggestions default that comes with the most recent operating system.

To turn this off: Start Universal Search> Hit menu button> Select "Search Options"> Uncheck "Show Web Suggestions"

This will fix the issue and get Shazam or any other Apps requiring internet access to start working properly again.

J2
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    212 Global Posts
    PIN
    298E53D4
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #7  

Quote Originally Posted by jsquaredmumma View Post
    The problem is with web suggestions default that comes with the most recent operating system.

To turn this off: Start Universal Search> Hit menu button> Select "Search Options"> Uncheck "Show Web Suggestions"

This will fix the issue and get Shazam or any other Apps requiring internet access to start working properly again.

J2
    Ermmm...correct me if I am wrong but this is for the phone and I was referring to shazam on the playbook. Unless I am missing something and there is a universal search on the playbook?
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    408 Global Posts

it did not work on the 2.1 beta's also.
    "People may not remember exactly what you did or what you said, but they will always remember how you made them feel." - Maya Angelou
    CrackBerry User

not working here.. waiting for a solution
    CrackBerry Addict

Any app similar to Shazam (that "listens" the music) that works on the current playbook os?