- CrackBerry Genius
- 4,072 Posts
I typically uninstall a sideloaded app and then install the update. Is this necessary or will the updates load on top of the prior version?The very existence of flamethrowers proves that sometime, somewhere, someone said to themselves, “You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I’m just not close enough to get the job done.
- 11-03-2012, 01:34 AM #3
Re: Sideload updates
In some cases, when you uninstall an app and then update it, sometimes it doesn't work. The best way to do it, is to just update it, sometimes the old file is overwritten and sometimes a duplicate is made. The benefits of this, is if the new version is incompatible with OS2, you can just delete it and still use the old one. Some games up your save files if you uninstall or even upgrade.
- By indyaachen in forum PlayBook Android App SideloadingReplies: 20Last Post: 05-05-2012, 01:51 PM
- By ForApps in forum BlackBerry PlayBookReplies: 12Last Post: 04-19-2012, 12:14 PM
- By apengue1 in forum News & RumorsReplies: 2Last Post: 04-10-2012, 10:22 AM
- By tspann4350 in forum PlayBook Apps & GamesReplies: 3Last Post: 03-16-2012, 12:35 PM
- By aloon69 in forum PlayBook Android App SideloadingReplies: 1Last Post: 01-16-2012, 10:36 PM