Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Unhappy Sideload of app failed; can't get rid of remnants

I tried sideloading Aldiko from a bar file a while back, and it would not run, so I uninstalled it. But some part remained, and now every time I run an Android app, when the Android emulator is not already resident, I get a pop-up error that says, "The application Aldiko (process com.aldiko.android) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again."

I can "Force close" and continue using my other Android apps, but I'd really like to get rid of the error.

I've tried reinstalling and uninstalling com.aldiko.android_v1.20.160.0.bar, but it didn't help. I've searched the file system for any file with "aldiko" in the filename and deleted it, but I presume there's still a configuration file somewhere that contains some reference that needs to be removed.

I'm in over my head with this, hoping someone can help.
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #2  

Default Re: Sideload of app failed; can't get rid of remnants

Well, wouldn't you know it ... this has been bugging me for weeks, but as soon as I decide to finally post about it, I find the solution myself! I'm trying out ES File Explorer for the first time (I love it) and in the App Manager screen, I see an icon for Aldiko. Go to Details, Uninstall, and it's finally gone for good!