CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Problems sideloading apps using goodereader

Hey guys. I've been using my new playbook for a few days and I really like it for Web browsing. I've tried using the goodereader.com website to sideload kindle but I get stuck when I try to move the bar file to the ddpb installer. First I open the installer and enter the playbook ip address with password and connect just fine. Then I download the bar file from the website and when I open it a new ddpb installer Window opens and asks for the ip address again. I input the same info but I get an error message saying unable to access jarfile. I'm not really tech saavy so if anyone can dumb it down for me that would be great thanks.
    CrackBerry User

Default Problems sideloading apps using goodereader

You should see a little add button up there. Press it and browse to your bar file (can be on playbook). Check it in the list and click install.

P.s. Be sure to be in dev mode.
    CrackBerry Genius

You don't "open" a bar file on your PC. You open DDPB, connect to your PB, then click the "Add" button and navigate to the bar file. Then tick the box next to the bar to be installed, then click install.
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #4  

Thanks. That helped. I managed to side load kindle and two other apps on my pb but they don't run. A new window opens when I tap the icon and a bb logo glows to signal its loading, but then it crashes and returns to the home screen
    CrackBerry Addict

To me, this is the easiest method:

1. Delete those side-loaded apps.
    2. Install the PlayBook app loader plugin for Google Chrome.
    3. Enable Development Mode in your PB.
    4. Access your PB using the plug-in in Chrome (Use the PB wifi ip address).
    5. Install your .bar file(s). You should see SUCCESS if it was installed properly.
    6. Open the sideloaded app on the PB and profit.

Global Posts
    5,278 Global Posts
    PIN
    2B6927F7

Quote Originally Posted by bbjfry View Post
    Thanks. That helped. I managed to side load kindle and two other apps on my pb but they don't run. A new window opens when I tap the icon and a bb logo glows to signal its loading, but then it crashes and returns to the home screen
    Most likely, you'll need to do a security wipe. That's the most likely culprit for the symptoms you're describing. Kindle, in particular, runs great.
    CrackBerry Genius

whats the link to the google chrome plugin? sounds like something i should make a tutorial for.
    The Good e-Reader App Store is your #1 online Destination for BB10, Android and Playbook Apps! We currently have over 4500 Blackberry apps and 47,000 Android Apps! Our new client will work with the new leaked firmware. Download it today or visit http://apps.goodereader.com
    CrackBerry Addict

PIN
    2840F011

Quote Originally Posted by bbjfry View Post
    I get the same same thing happening with a few apps I've downloaded from Good E-Reader, that seem to work fine for others, including Rift, Tribez, Paradise Island and Rock the Vegas. In fact, the only android app that works for me, and not even all that well, is WordsWFriends.

Quote Originally Posted by thecsman View Post
    To me, this is the easiest method:

1. Delete those side-loaded apps.
    2. Install the PlayBook app loader plugin for Google Chrome.
    3. Enable Development Mode in your PB.
    4. Access your PB using the plug-in in Chrome (Use the PB wifi ip address).
    5. Install your .bar file(s). You should see SUCCESS if it was installed properly.
    6. Open the sideloaded app on the PB and profit.
    I've used both BBPM and the Google Chrome Manager for sideloading, both with the same non-functional result.

Quote Originally Posted by Thunderbuck View Post
    Most likely, you'll need to do a security wipe. That's the most likely culprit for the symptoms you're describing. Kindle, in particular, runs great.
    I've done three security wipes, three factory resets, sideloaded via BBPM and the Google Chrome Manager from three different laptops after redownloading converted android apps each time. Everything besides WordsWFriends is currently non-functional on the Android Player.

Quote Originally Posted by kozmonaut View Post
    whats the link to the google chrome plugin? sounds like something i should make a tutorial for.
    https://chrome.google.com/webstore/d...ljnelbpblnikkp
    CrackBerry Genius

The instructions for using the Chrome plug-in are here- PlayBook App Manager
    CrackBerry Addict

Quote Originally Posted by KidCaboose View Post
    I get the same same thing happening with a few apps I've downloaded from Good E-Reader, that seem to work fine for others, including Rift, Tribez, Paradise Island and Rock the Vegas. In fact, the only android app that works for me, and not even all that well, is WordsWFriends.

I've used both BBPM and the Google Chrome Manager for sideloading, both with the same non-functional result.

I've done three security wipes, three factory resets, sideloaded via BBPM and the Google Chrome Manager from three different laptops after redownloading converted android apps each time. Everything besides WordsWFriends is currently non-functional on the Android Player.

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/d...ljnelbpblnikkp

If those methods don't work, I suggest you download a working .bar file to start with.
    CrackBerry Addict

PIN
    2840F011

Quote Originally Posted by thecsman View Post
    If those methods don't work, I suggest you download a working .bar file to start with.
    Well, I've downloaded these bar files 6 or 7 times now, from Good E-Reader, over two different wi-fi connections and providers, onto three separate laptops, sideloaded with DDPB and Chrome PlayBook Manager, onto two different PlayBooks. Without any success. Add onto that that one of the PlayBooks has over the past couple of days had three security wipes combined with three factory resets.

I have an earlier version of Paradise Island, which used to work months ago, which doesn't work now either. I'm assuming then that the .bar files I've recently downloaded from Good E-Reader are perfectly fine. My PlayBook's OS is 2.1.0.1314, Flash is 11.1.121.71, AIR is 3.1.0.71, and the Android player seems to be 2.1.0.131, if I'm understanding it correctly.

I'll note that despite many of these .bars not working, Songza and WordsWFriends both work to varying degrees.
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #12  

Thanks for all of the input everybody. They're working all of a sudden albeit a little slow loading.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Did you do anything to get these to work? I've been trying to get a number of apps to work on my playbook (from goodereader sometimes). Examples include the facebook app (which was updated in the past week or so) and the Realtor.ca app. I have tried DDPB, google chrome plugin (which is awesome by the way) and Localbar with the same results. I have seen others been able to use the Realtor.ca app, so not sure why I can't get these to work.
    CrackBerry Genius

It's not unusual for one version of a converted android app to work while another version of the same app won't.
    CrackBerry Addict

Try connecting your playbook via the usb cable and then sideload kindle using DDPB, on ddpb press the scan button and install the app, i have noticed that the sideload process works better if your playbook is connected to your desktop via usb rather than using your wifi and ip to sideload.