Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry Addict

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Owncloud client .bar?

Hello,
    I'm a happy user of Owncloud (a cloud on my hosted server, the only kind I'd accept); the only thing is, for complete sync, of course there are clients for everything but the Playbook. I contacted them, asking for PB support (polite answer, see in 6 months from now --I presume they are thinking OS10) but in the meanwhile I'd appreciate any port of the android apk...
    Could somebody point me in the right direction?
    Thank you!
    Hervé
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    28AA7FFB

Default Re: Owncloud client .bar?

Get the apk(buy it from google play if it's a paid app) and then go to http://apk2bar.unker.net or you can ask Koz to convert it and sign it for you and then sideload it
    CrackBerry Addict

Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  

Quote Originally Posted by RedxD View Post
    Get the apk(buy it from google play if it's a paid app) and then go to PlayBook .apk to .bar converter or you can ask Koz to convert it and sign it for you and then sideload it
    Thanks for this how-to!
    The app indeed appears a paid one: as I never tried this, can I be sure I'll be able to actually download the apk (e. g. on a PC) as I don't own any android machine?
    TIA!
    H.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    1,804 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Herve5 View Post
    Thanks for this how-to!
    The app indeed appears a paid one: as I never tried this, can I be sure I'll be able to actually download the apk (e. g. on a PC) as I don't own any android machine?
    TIA!
    H.
    You could install bluestacks on your pc to emulate an android device then do the download. (I just did this to sign up for instagram you can only sign up using android or
    ios app but they were advertising web acess so I was trying to see if it would work on playbook) There's still no guarantee the converted app would work, it's a try and convert approach, but people have been reporting success with the android WD apps, as long as the app doesn't use native android code it would probably be OK.
    CrackBerry Addict

Thread AuthorThread Author   #5  

Thank you all!
    I now have the apk, am converting it on the site. I'll let you know the result

[edit] OK, it does work :-)
    But now, it is definitely minimalist: shows the Owncloud directories, sees files, allows upload and download, one at a time. I think any serious webdav or ftp app should do better. Owncloud does handles webdav nicely, and also versioning, but I think I'll look for alternate clients ;-)

Thanks again to all of you that helped!
    Hervé
    Last edited by Herve5; 11-13-2012 at 09:32 AM.
    CrackBerry Abuser

How did you configure your account? I converted the app but I can't configure my account.