Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Official SkyDrive Android App on PlayBook

I just ported SkyDrive to the PlayBook (using apk2bar.unker.net)

It loads up fine but there are some bugs... it cant open OneNote (.one), Excel ( .xls), Word ( .doc), or Powerpoint ( .ppt) files. it comes up with the message 'The file couldn't be opened' and then 'Sorry, there are no apps installed that can open this type of file.'

When I try to open a PDF it tries to download it.
    Is there anyway to fix this?
    CrackBerry Abuser

Quote Originally Posted by sebastianlovestheplaybook View Post

It loads up fine but there are some bugs... it cant open OneNote (.one), Excel ( .xls), Word ( .doc), or Powerpoint ( .ppt) files. it comes up with the message 'The file couldn't be opened' and then 'Sorry, there are no apps installed that can open this type of file.'

So it's pretty much useless!! Did you port or sideload the app? Cause if you port it, it means that is available in the app world.
    Sent from my spectacular PlayBook!!
    CrackBerry Genius

Quote Originally Posted by juacas View Post
    So it's pretty much useless!! Did you port or sideload the app? Cause if you port it, it means that is available in the app world.
    Since he used apk2bar.unker.net, that means he converted an android app and then sideloaded it. And, truth be told, the majority of converted android apps either will not work at all on the PB or will have limited functionality. FWIW, there is a SkyDrive app in app world (2 bucks).

No, it doesn't.

To port, he would need to have the source code. And even if it was so, he would need Microsoft's go ahead to post it on any official channel. It wouldn't simply pop into App World.

He's asking for fixes to issues he's facing with the app. It's more than clear that he sideloaded the android app.

OS, nothing we can do but hope next version works better... Or that we even get a native app.
    Quick Help BLACKBERRY HELP 101 | Direct load Android (APK) Apps : BB10 10.2.1|Sideloading apps: BB10/PlayBook | Update/Reload Software: BB7.1- - PlayBook - BB10 | Debrick: BB7.1- - PlayBook - BB10 | Backup 3rd Party Apps: BB7.1- - PlayBook & BB10: Just use BB Link | Battery Saving: BB7.1- - PlayBook - BB10

Got a question? diego.nei@mobilenations.com | My Apps: Papo GP | Papo GP 10 | My Channel: Project Management BBM Channel

CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #5  

You can view pictures and videos and it syncs fine and is perfectly functional. its just that office documents cannot be viewed or edited.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Quote Originally Posted by sebastianlovestheplaybook View Post

It appears to be a mismatch between the responses so far and what you have stated. The error seem to suggest that you do not have the appropriate applications installed in that environment to run and open the files. So, if you want to click on a file to open it, sideload an android app that can read office files. I don't think there any working app for onenote files (but don't quote me).

Also, you may do the file sync/transfer with the app in the android environment, then just open the files using docs2go in the qnx environment.
    CrackBerry Genius

Quote Originally Posted by jackpots View Post
    It appears to be a mismatch between the responses so far and what you have stated. The error seem to suggest that you do not have the appropriate applications installed in that environment to run and open the files. So, if you want to click on a file to open it, sideload an android app that can read office files. I don't think there any working app for onenote files (but don't quote me).

Also, you may do the file sync/transfer with the app in the android environment, then just open the files using docs2go in the qnx environment.
    You may be right, but FWIW, as far as PDFs go, ES File Explorer and Dropbox, both sideloaded android apps, can open PDFs in the native Adobe Reader. I suppose that doesn't necessarily mean that all android apps can, though. As far as opening office docs, and PDFs, Quickoffice Pro and Office Suite Pro, both of which need to be sideloaded, should do the trick.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    449 Global Posts

Does this work on 2.1 beta
    Cloud Storage
    50 gig box, Skydrive 25 gig, Google Drive 25 gig, Dropbox 8 gig.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    449 Global Posts

i have come to the conclusion that all android apps are a waste of time on the PB, been using this for an hour or so and its as buggy as anything.
    Same with the one in app world for $2, which is just an android port.
    Cloud Storage
    50 gig box, Skydrive 25 gig, Google Drive 25 gig, Dropbox 8 gig.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Quote Originally Posted by pacoman03 View Post
    You may be right, but FWIW, as far as PDFs go, ES File Explorer and Dropbox, both sideloaded android apps, can open PDFs in the native Adobe Reader. I suppose that doesn't necessarily mean that all android apps can, though. As far as opening office docs, and PDFs, Quickoffice Pro and Office Suite Pro, both of which need to be sideloaded, should do the trick.
    I agree, and think it is due to RIM allowing the filetype cross-environment in the case of pdf. Es FE is far more useful than the Dropbox app and covers other cloud services, as well as windows shares. Plus it is free to use and upgraded regularly. Can't beat that.