Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Chaplain_Clancy
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    796 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Need help with sys.android.bar on my playbook!!!

I installed the sys.android.bar onto my playbook, but did not find any icon on my playbook.

Now i tried uninstalling it by using DDPBInstaller but all i got was " 535 permanent."

I don't think it uninstalled correctly, so is there any other way to remove that file?

Thanks,

*I have the latest version OS 2.0xxxxxx
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    521 Global Posts

There have been plenty of threads on this. The Android player is embedded in the OS. What you need to do is find the .bar files of the apps you want (which are being converted left-right and centre) and side load them to your playbook with the DDPB Installer. An icon for each app you install will appear on your home screen and you launch it from there.
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    796 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  

Quote Originally Posted by Chaplain_Clancy View Post
    There have been plenty of threads on this. The Android player is embedded in the OS. What you need to do is find the .bar files of the apps you want (which are being converted left-right and centre) and side load them to your playbook with the DDPB Installer. An icon for each app you install will appear on your home screen and you launch it from there.

I know how to sideload bar files onto my playbook through DDPB, but i need help to uninstall sys.android.bar.

Also, after i installed that my Pandora app stopped working for some reason.

All i get when i click on the app is " Initializing......." And after a few minutes it's closes automatically.

When i first tried, it worked..now it does not

In addition, i looked into the files inside playbook and i saw a file called "Android" under Msc.

Is it safe to delete it?

Can someone see if they too have that file, thanks.
    Last edited by rupam95; 12-28-2011 at 10:37 PM.
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    521 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by rupam95 View Post
    I know how to sideload bar files onto my playbook through DDPB, but i need help to uninstall sys.android.bar.

Also, after i installed that my Pandora app stopped working for some reason.

All i get when i click on the app is " Initializing......." And after a few minutes it's closes automatically.

When i first tried, it worked..now it does not

In addition, i looked into the files inside playbook and i saw a file called "Android" under Msc.

Is it safe to delete it?

Can someone see if they too have that file, thanks.

Okay, now I know where you are.

I had this problem when I went from the initial OS2 install to OS 2.0.40...whatever. There is an issue with those who had installed the leaked Android player and the compatability with the OS 2 system. The only thing that allowed me to get back to full functionality is to securtiy wipe the device and start from scratch with the latest OS 2 release.

I realise this is bad news, but that's what we get for playing around with a developers beta.

Make sure you know your settings before attempting the security wipe and make sure you have a lot of time on your hands as well.
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    796 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #5  

Okay, now I know where you are.

I had this problem when I went from the initial OS2 install to OS 2.0.40...whatever. There is an issue with those who had installed the leaked Android player and the compatability with the OS 2 system. The only thing that allowed me to get back to full functionality is to securtiy wipe the device and start from scratch with the latest OS 2 release.

I realise this is bad news, but that's what we get for playing around with a developers beta.

Make sure you know your settings before attempting the security wipe and make sure you have a lot of time on your hands as well.
    Oh ok, Thanks

BTW, if i do that security wipe do i still get apps like need for speed, photos, camera,etc...?
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    521 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by rupam95 View Post
    Oh ok, Thanks

BTW, if i do that security wipe do i still get apps like need for speed, photos, camera,etc...?
    Yeah the playbook resets to the original settings. Any apps you've downloaded or purchase are moved to the 'uninstalled' section of appworld. Anything that comes as standard is standard. Unfortunately all of your saved games will be gone.

But hey, at least you know what to do to get back to that point right?
    Thanked by:
    rupam95 (12-28-2011) 
    rupam95 likes this.
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    796 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #7  

Yeah the playbook resets to the original settings. Any apps you've downloaded or purchase are moved to the 'uninstalled' section of appworld. Anything that comes as standard is standard. Unfortunately all of your saved games will be gone.

But hey, at least you know what to do to get back to that point right?
    yep,

Thank You So Much, Dude!!!
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    521 Global Posts

No probs.

Now back to the cricket.
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    796 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #9  

Just did the security swipe and i only have 2 apps installed. Everything is gone.

I still have OS 2.0xxx installed.

Any ideas to get them back?
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    521 Global Posts

Default App world

Go into App world and look at the uninstalled tab. They should all be sitting there waiting for you.
    CrackBerry User

how to uninstall it!!!
    CrackBerry Abuser

Quote Originally Posted by Harsh Shah1 View Post
    how to uninstall it!!!
    Today is my 12 good deeds day, so I will attempt to answer.

The first response answered your question: It is integrated into the OS, hence a user with the default privileges cannot remove it. Also, the great majority of users have no means to elevate privileges.

If you inadvertently screwed up the system, you may have to perform a system wipe to fix it. Backup your important data first.

Side note: Yelling is a sure-fire way of not getting an answer. Remember CB is not RIM support. We are just people freely conversing with fellow people with the intent to inform and hopefully enlighten.
    Thanked by:
    Harsh Shah1 (11-01-2013) 
    CrackBerry User

CB I have a new question can we use sim card using micro usb to sim card converter or the photon plus plzz reply this post
    CrackBerry Newbie

First, I downloaded Instagram and it worked beautifully!
    Then, I tried to download Candy Crush and was told I needed to download 2 other files that included the android system files.
    Since then, I have not been able to get either app to load, and I can't delete the android files because they are listed as permanent in my playbook manager.
    I did a security wipe, but I still have the sys.android and sys.android.shell. Before that, I was happy with how Instagram performed.
    I have a BB Z10 10.1.0.4184

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
    Thanks.