Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 3 of 27 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast
Like Tree184Likes
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    621 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by nastyboy2 View Post
    cant get any of the google maps to work. installs a latitude icon but nothing happens when i press it
    Try deleting the app, do a hard reset and install again.
    App installed, launched and worked right off the bat for me.
    Banned

Global Posts
    10,601 Global Posts

Default Citrix Receiver avail native

CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    90 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by nastyboy2 View Post
    cant get any of the google maps to work. installs a latitude icon but nothing happens when i press it
    actually for a change, the Latitude icon (and the google maps/ places) app DOES work for me. It used to freeze on me as soon as I searched for an address and close out to the recent applications anymore... not anymore though... I'm loving it!

when I hit street view though, it doesn't show me street view and just gives me an error message but still keeps it running... thank god for that!

Worked right off the bat since I upgraded to official OS2... had loads of problems with the BETAs...
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #54  

Quote Originally Posted by Omnitech View Post
    Thanks for the heads up! Unfortunately I think it's a phone app as I received a message stating my device was not supported.
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #55  

BTW, updated the links finally. Sorry for the poor format, wish I had thought of a better way to introduce new links.

Hope you guys enjoy.
    Thanked by 3:
    dalek (02-24-2012),  d_gritza (02-23-2012),  ericlc2 (02-22-2012) 
    dalek likes this.
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thanks for the upload, can someone tell me , any application avalable for playbook to do VOICE chat?. i know some url based (imo.im) where voice clarity is very poor, but i am looking for apps only.

i installed skype beta, yahoo msgr, but those are chat version
    CrackBerry Newbie

Default WhatsApp??

Anyone have a solution to the old version of WhatsApp? How do I go about updating it?
    CrackBerry User

I'm assuming Skype Beta doesn't actually work?...
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    492 Global Posts

Unhappy Twitter won't sideload

The Twitter bar won't even side load for me. I tried it twice.

I didn't do a hard restart as Kindle and Tapatalk side loaded just fine.

*** UPDATE ***

After doing a hard reset Twitter still won't load. SO I question whether this one works
    Also, I was having difficulty with Dictionary. It wouldn't load and then I finally did get it to load but it will not run. SO I also question whether this bar works as well.
    Last edited by The_Adventist; 02-22-2012 at 10:43 PM.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,210 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by rob1247 View Post
    I'm assuming Skype Beta doesn't actually work?...
    Anyone try this? I'd also assume no, otherwise it'd been on the homepage with the kindle post.. Would be cool though!
    Thanked by:
    ronconet (02-26-2012) 
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    919 Global Posts

I have 3 APKs I would love to run on my Playbook. They are all free versions of Android apps. And much gratitude for doing so.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    CrackBerry Abuser

Could somebody upload the Windows Live Messenger to another uploading site since multiupload was shut down by the fbi. I really was looking forward to getting that app. Its the one app i have been waiting for since last april when i fist got my playbook. That would be great.

Is anyone else having problems downloading the bar files from media fire. WHen i click on the file then it says processing download then it refreshes the page and does nothing. I tried using firefox and also windows explorer. Goin try restart my computer and see if that fixes it. Anyone else having similar problems?
    Dave
    Playbook 32 gig
    Torch 9800

Love em both
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    42 Global Posts

Could someone please convert and post the .bar file for the android app "Flash Video Browser"

Thanks
    CrackBerry User

What's with Crackle? It works but when you try and play a video it says flash needs to be installed! grrrr
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,576 Global Posts

OP should add a warning that these are not all stable on the official os2. Playbookbars.com lists them as "tested and working" from the old 2.0 beta list but it's not quite true
    Carrier controlled updates is the worst smartphone spec of them all
    Nexus 4
    CrackBerry Addict

Quote Originally Posted by dave_2611 View Post
    Could somebody upload the Windows Live Messenger to another uploading site since multiupload was shut down by the fbi. I really was looking forward to getting that app. Its the one app i have been waiting for since last april when i fist got my playbook. That would be great.

Is anyone else having problems downloading the bar files from media fire. WHen i click on the file then it says processing download then it refreshes the page and does nothing. I tried using firefox and also windows explorer. Goin try restart my computer and see if that fixes it. Anyone else having similar problems?
    happen the same here.. someone can reupload to other site ?
    CrackBerry Abuser

Quote Originally Posted by ericlc2 View Post
    Anyone try this? I'd also assume no, otherwise it'd been on the homepage with the kindle post.. Would be cool though!
    It uses skype credits on calls, no data service basically.. just an IM skype client.
    Dropped my playbook on the street, then got it back! I'm one lucky person!
    Cropping your PlayBook Wallpaper for both Landscape and Portrait Guide (with PSD)
    Or, you can PM me with your email and the picture and I'll crop and email em back to your PlayBook.
    Phone - Z10 Q10 Z30. I like Q10 > Z30 > Z10
    CrackBerry Abuser

Thanked by 2:
    dave_2611 (02-23-2012) 
    CrackBerry Abuser

Google Maps 6.03 works.. not best it lags

Though, Magellan Compass is even better =) (Well there's a native pb app though)
    Dropped my playbook on the street, then got it back! I'm one lucky person!
    Cropping your PlayBook Wallpaper for both Landscape and Portrait Guide (with PSD)
    Or, you can PM me with your email and the picture and I'll crop and email em back to your PlayBook.
    Phone - Z10 Q10 Z30. I like Q10 > Z30 > Z10
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #70  

Quote Originally Posted by omniusovermind View Post
    OP should add a warning that these are not all stable on the official os2. Playbookbars.com lists them as "tested and working" from the old 2.0 beta list but it's not quite true
    Good point!

Mostly this is a list of .bars that have been converted and signed since the death of Playbook.bars (as sad as that is). Unfortunately I cannot test every single file and only hope to grab the ones that work. I know there will be a few cases where app's don't work since I grabbed a link to a file that was converted and the requestor didn't respond stating it worked or not, and or I missed where it was stated it wasn't working.

As far as "stable", well I have yet to find an Android app that was what I would consider "stable". Android apps run on the Playbook, but the Android experiance is nothing like it was on my old EVO.
    Thanked by 2:
    d_gritza (02-23-2012) 
    d_gritza likes this.
    CrackBerry User

Can someone tell me what does the Honeycomb launcher do on a Playbook?
    CrackBerry Newbie

Can you try the Onlive app please?
    CrackBerry Abuser

Has anyone tried installing some android apps using a Mac? I installed two using a virtual machine on my Mac, i.e. Parallels, but wasn't able to when using the "Terminal" method...
    CrackBerry Newbie

Hi, can someone help that the message shows to force close for the iSilo installed, how to solve it? Thanks
    CrackBerry Newbie

The terminal is in Mac OSX not windows virtual emulation. Follow this exactly:

Side-loading on the PlayBook with a Mac

I haven't been on ths forums in years (I had a BB pearl flip!!!), recently got a PB, was satisfied with it but wanted to make it great and loved the fact that you can sideload apps, etc.

I have been an amateur dev over at XDA helping to build custom roms for the Galaxy S, and this weekend I'm going to sign up for a BB dev account and maybe attempt to get some of the popular apps as .bar (no promises though!, I will do it, just don't know when). I'll keep Snowman002 updated.
Page 3 of 27 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast