Latest Kobo Android app that works?
02-22-13 09:20 PM
- What is the latest version of Kobo's Android app that works well?
I loaded 4.0.2000 and it seems stable but a few books give me the error that they are not formatted correctly.
I loaded 4.1 off my A100 and converted to BAR. It worked well downloaded all the books and Reading Life but when I tried to open a book it crashed.
So which version are you folks using and where did you find it?
Marty07-05-12 04:51 PM
- 07-05-12 05:31 PM
1) I receive a tonne of download errors and issues when purchasing from the Kobo native app.
2) Bookmarks do not sync properly to my other Kobo devices.
3) Chapters will skip occasionally
4) Pages won't format correctly sometimes with text on top of text.
These problems are fairly well documented if you do a Google search. Some folks are having no trouble and some, like me have a totally unusable experience.
All my Kobo books were bought from Kobo, this is my third Playbook, I have had full reloads of the OS done and yet I still have issues.
So I use the Android version and it works well, I just want to know what Android version is the best.
Marty07-05-12 05:46 PM
- Here is Kobo for Android converted to BAR - http://goodereader.com/apps/playbook...-apps/?did=803
works great.07-06-12 12:59 AM
- 07-06-12 07:42 AM
- Okay ... the apk2bar website must have had some issues cause anytime I tried to convert a kobo APK I got "atypical error converting".
But this morning I tried again, got a successful conversion and Kobo 3.2.1500 is working on my Playbook.
Thanks everyone for the help. I have no idea why this was being a pain as I've had pretty good success sideloading Kobo before.07-08-12 12:26 PM
- So I'm running into the same issue as UberMax. Tried v 4.1 that was released in August since official OS 2.1 came out. Now since they updated to v 4.3 this month, the same issues arise - Sign In is fine, loads all the purchased library fine, does all the other functions fine, but when you click a book to read the attached error pops up.
My only solution is to revert back to v 3.1, which is ok but you'd think a newer version wouldn't cause these issues since we're out of beta now.
Any thoughts on a fix?10-24-12 10:30 PM
- I have the best working one right now
Blackberry Playbook Reading and News Apps | Good e-Reader Android APP Store - Playbook App Market11-01-12 01:20 AM
- I just ran the new OS update. I was having the same problem as listed above (seemed to work fine until you opened a book). Unfortunately I didn't test to see if the installed version worked, but I uninstalled it, and installed 4.3.3330 from the link above (Kobo eBooks for Playbook and BB10 - Blackberry Playbook and BB10 eReading and News Apps | Android APPS - BB10 Apps & Playbook Apps) and it's working fine. Books downloading and I've tested 2 books so far, both have opened fine I'm not sure if its the OS update that's fixed it, or what, but I'm now in love with my PB again - it'll be coming on the train to work once more02-13-13 08:19 PM
- Tried it last night after updating PB OS to .1526. Uninstalled 3.1.1217 and installed 4.3.3330. Same problem as before and as listed by benjiec... Loads up the books and their current progression spots fine, but on opening one it crashes and Force Closes. Don't know what's wrong with my PB, if I need to clear out a cached folder I'm missing before installing 4.3.3330 or what... Unless I need to wait for the Android Runtime to be updated to support Jelly Bean maybe?02-14-13 09:36 AM
- Most book viewers are at least 2 or 3 apps pasted together.
1. File and/or Document Manager,
2. Web browser/ file downloader,
3. Document viewer with plugins to parse different file formats.
The 4.x version of Kobo was re-engineered to use a doc viewer that uses code libraries that are not on the PlayBook. It probably will never work moving forward. The other parts still work as already indicated. So folks just use the last 3.x version for a full experience.02-21-13 10:49 PMLike 1
- BlackBerry PlayBook Forums
- PlayBook Apps & Games
- PlayBook Android App Sideloading
Latest Kobo Android app that works?
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD