Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Lastest version of ES File Explorer bar file?

I'm wondering what the latest version is and where can one find the bar file?

Thanks in advance

(and it seems Goodereader is missing this morning - I get a blank page)
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

Global Posts
    8,463 Global Posts
    PIN
    2ADC9E24

Quote Originally Posted by F2 View Post

Thanks in advance

try checking out the android apps and games section over at XDA

tons of APK's there for everything
    Device: BlackBerry Q10/Moto X
    Tablet: Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 10.1/iPad 16GB 2nd Gen​
    Twitter: @simundsonk
    Mod Team Emeritus

Global Posts
    10,168 Global Posts
    PIN
    Changes way too often

You can also search for APK Downloader or APK Leecher and set those up. Then you can download all the free APKs you want Apk2bar.org can convert them online for you.
    ~S_A
    All views and opinions here are my own, and do not represent any views, opinions, or official communications either actual or implied of my employer.
  4. Thread AuthorThread Author   #4  

These "tools" all appear to require an Android phone ID. And I do not have an Android phone????
    Mod Team Emeritus

Global Posts
    10,168 Global Posts
    PIN
    Changes way too often

These "tools" all appear to require an Android phone ID. And I do not have an Android phone????
    One of the tools doesnt require it (or uses a dummy one), I cant remember where I saw it (and cant access XDA from work). But its out there. You can also install a virtual android machine (instructions again on XDA) and use that android ID.
    ~S_A
    All views and opinions here are my own, and do not represent any views, opinions, or official communications either actual or implied of my employer.
    Mod Team Emeritus

Global Posts
    10,168 Global Posts
    PIN
    Changes way too often
    ~S_A
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    899 Global Posts

I have 1.6.2.3 running on Z10 and PB. I think I read on these forums that a more recent/latest version did NOT work. Let us know if you get something more recent running. 1.6.2.3 has a few bugs that will force close the app if certain features are selected. I use it to stream audio and video from my network shares.
    / device agnosticism or bust!
  8. Thread AuthorThread Author   #8  

Quote Originally Posted by glamrlama View Post
    I have 1.6.2.3 running on Z10 and PB. I think I read on these forums that a more recent/latest version did NOT work. Let us know if you get something more recent running. 1.6.2.3 has a few bugs that will force close the app if certain features are selected. I use it to stream audio and video from my network shares.
    I have 1.6.1.3

I think Pacoman mentioned a slideshow function in 1.6.2.4 but I'm getting a "can't find that picture" when I try it. Maybe a newer version would work.
    CrackBerry Genius

I have 1.6.1.3

I think Pacoman mentioned a slideshow function in 1.6.2.4 but I'm getting a "can't find that picture" when I try it. Maybe a newer version would work.
    I don't know why you're getting that error, but the slideshow should work in 1.6.1.3. To get it to work, you need to tap on any pic in your camera or pictures folder, then choose to open in the ES Image Browser. Here, if you tap on the opened pic, a toolbar should pop up- tap the icon in the top right corner, which should open the slideshow dialogue.

Lastest version of ES File Explorer bar file?-img_20130550.jpg
  10. Thread AuthorThread Author   #10  

Thanks. I guess I was getting to my Pictures from the Android, etc folder and drilling down to DCIM, etc. That gave the error.

Going UP and then down the Accounts..... hierarchy to camera worked.

I was also wondering it it would work with Network folders? I don't think so.
    CrackBerry Genius

Thanks. I guess I was getting to my Pictures from the Android, etc folder and drilling down to DCIM, etc. That gave the error.

Going UP and then down the Accounts..... hierarchy to camera worked.

I was also wondering it it would work with Network folders? I don't think so.
    It seems to be no go for using the slideshow function for networked pictures, and cloud based photos as well. As far as navigating in ES is concerned, it might make things easier for you if you go into settings, then choose Home Directory. Here you can change the entry from /sdcard/ to /accounts/1000/shared/
    . That way, the next time you open the app, you'll be taken directly to the PB media folder and you'll still be able to access the android side through the Misc folder.
    BlackBerry

Global Posts
    6,316 Global Posts

Hey F2, not sure if you got this far yet, but if you just install BlueStacks on your computer and download DeviceID through it, you can get the info you need for apkleecher or whatever you're trying to use. It's pretty nice to be able to download straight from Google Play
    BB4Life
    Thanked by:
    F2 (07-16-2013) 
  13. Thread AuthorThread Author   #13  

Quote Originally Posted by SlcCorrado View Post
    Hey F2, not sure if you got this far yet, but if you just install BlueStacks on your computer and download DeviceID through it, you can get the info you need for apkleecher or whatever you're trying to use. It's pretty nice to be able to download straight from Google Play
    It would be nice to be able to get stuff more directly and try converting. I did have to beg for someone to download the Android Solar app that is a companion to my solar system. (I will say, about a month later my solar installer was able to obtain the apk for me). So I will check out BlueStacks.
    BlackBerry

Global Posts
    6,316 Global Posts

It would be nice to be able to get stuff more directly and try converting. I did have to beg for someone to download the Android Solar app that is a companion to my solar system. (I will say, about a month later my solar installer was able to obtain the apk for me). So I will check out BlueStacks.
    Cool buddy. Gotta warn you, the app itself kinda sucks... at least it ran pretty bad on my computer. I actually had to setup a VM just to get it to run... But at the very least it'll get you that id that you need to login to apkleecher. Good luck
    BB4Life
    CrackBerry User

I can't get anything above 1.6.1.3 to work I tried every version but none were working.
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    64 Global Posts

as an alternative to Bluestack you can use Genymotion, work very well for me. You only need a google account, no need for ID app and stuff. It use VirtualBox and they have different android vm you can download from them.
    BlackBerry

Global Posts
    6,316 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Symeonify View Post
    as an alternative to Bluestack you can use Genymotion, work very well for me. You only need a google account, no need for ID app and stuff. It use VirtualBox and they have different android vm you can download from them.
    I'll check that out. Might help someone down the road since BlueStacks can be such a pain
    BB4Life
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    3,751 Global Posts

PlayBook .apk to .bar converter Search for any bar file here...

Thanks in advance

Rockin' a Black STL100-4...Z10 10.3.0.1154, Debug Token ...on Verizon, 64 GB WiFi Playbook.
    HP Elite M9340f Quad Core, OCZ 64GB Vertex 3 SSD +1TB HDD, Vista SP2 Media Center Edition, 6GB Ram,
    Logitech MOMO Force Feedback Racing Wheel with Pedals and Shifter.
    CrackBerry User

Got the 3.5.1 ES File Explorer working on playbook now below is converted bar file just sideload it.

ES.bar

Cannot get a new language server added in lan there is no button to add new server
    Last edited by dinjo; 07-21-2013 at 09:01 AM.
    CrackBerry Genius

Quote Originally Posted by dinjo View Post
    Got the 3.5.1 ES File Explorer working on playbook now below is converted bar file just sideload it.

[url=http://rghost.net/47569052]ES.bar[/url

Cannot get a new language server added in lan there is no button to add new server
    It's actually 3.0.5.1. I'll admit I was a bit skeptical when I saw your post, but I downloaded and sideloaded the app, and indeed it does seem to work (with a couple of exceptions). I'm not sure what you mean by a "new language server added in LAN", but I did get it to connect to my PC over LAN without problem- just tap Network, then LAN, then hit Scan, and your server will be added. Also, I like the new UI over the old one.

Now, the bad news. I couldn't connect to any of my Cloud accounts (Box, DropBox, G Drive, SkyDrive, or SugarSync), and I couldn't get copy/paste function to work. I may still play around with these things, but for now, if these functions are important to anyone, I'd stay away from the newer version of the app.
    CrackBerry User

I have a static IP which i need to add in earlier version it used to have Add new server but when i scroll down from above no options show up.And its the latest version of ES Explorer on Android Market.

For Typo blam it on Tablet auto correction

EDIT - Just deleted and sideloaded again now the options are visible at bottom and can add new server now.
    CrackBerry Genius

Well, I figured out how to cut/copy and paste, though it is far from intuitive. Nevertheless, the lack of Cloud access is a deal breaker for me, so I've gone back to the older version. If anyone can figure out how to access their cloud accounts with the latest version of ES, let us know.
    CrackBerry User

Well this version adds support for more media files I was able to play some files which weren't playable earlier.

Will try Cloud access today, but I'm not sure why one uses a cloud account for opening files
    CrackBerry Genius

I don't normally use ES to open or manage local files on my PB. For that, I generally use Ghost Commander, and that's not likely to change anytime soon. ES, however, is the only app that I'm aware of that will allow me to access ALL of my Cloud accounts, and you need cloud access to open, manage or stream cloud based files. I also use ES to queue music and create playlists of music located locally, over LAN, or in the Cloud (again, the only app I know of with this capability), and while doing this in earlier versions of ES was never a very intuitive process, instead of making this easier to do in the latest version of ES, they actually made it harder to do (and no cloud access means no playlists containing cloud based files).

What I did like about the latest version, as I said earlier, is the new UI- it looks very sleek, plus I like the fact that you can have a bunch of tabs running at once. Others will have to decide for themselves whether cloud access is important to them- if not, take the new app for a spin. For me, however, I seem to be losing more than I'm gaining..
    CrackBerry User

I tried Cloud not working
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast