CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default kindle bar file?

i know theres a sticky with the links to the files , but everytime i click one it doesnt work. I tried "save target as.." also doesnt work. Can anyone point me in the right direction to get the kindle bar? thanks
    PIN 22C74790 bbtorch 9800
    CrackBerry Genius

Thanked by 5:
    DirtySantos (03-06-2012),  Kudasis (03-18-2012),  Rajmessi (02-14-2012),  Snotsicle (03-31-2012),  WadeColborne (02-07-2012) 
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  

thanks so much
    PIN 22C74790 bbtorch 9800
  4. aha
    CrackBerry Genius

I read from an android forum that the kindle app can read local mobi files as long as you drop your mobi files to \kindle folder. Does anyone know where to find this \kindle folder on playbook?
    CrackBerry Genius

Quote Originally Posted by aha View Post
    I read from an android forum that the kindle app can read local mobi files as long as you drop your mobi files to \kindle folder. Does anyone know where to find this \kindle folder on playbook?
    If you've sideloaded the kindle app, it will be at: /sdcard/kindle
    I use an android file manager (astro or ghost commander for me) to move the files to this dir as my PB file explorers (file browser or files and folders) don't access the sdcard dir.
    Last edited by DD1968; 12-11-2011 at 12:12 PM.
    Thanked by:
    aha (12-11-2011) 
    CrackBerry Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by DD1968 View Post
    I have an even dumber question - I used the DDDPPDPD or whatever it's called installer (hah!), downloaded the .BAR for kindle and apparently was successfull in installing it (when running the installer, I entered the IP of my kindle, the password, added the Kindle .bar by browsing to it, and was then prompted that installation was successfull).

Soooooo....how do I actually run Kindle now??! I can't see any App showing up on my playbook. i even rebooted it just in case.

Am i missing/skipping something obvious?
    CrackBerry Newbie

EDIT: I should have stated "I have a really dumb question" - didn't mean to imply there were any dumb questions elsewhere in this thread
    CrackBerry Newbie

tried the bar, but it does not work on my playbook, it waits for the email input, but no soft keyboard shown and stopped responding. I'm using OS2 beta
    CrackBerry User

Question

Quote Originally Posted by hasan-in-NL View Post
    I have an even dumber question - I used the DDDPPDPD or whatever it's called installer (hah!), downloaded the .BAR for kindle and apparently was successfull in installing it (when running the installer, I entered the IP of my kindle, the password, added the Kindle .bar by browsing to it, and was then prompted that installation was successfull).

Soooooo....how do I actually run Kindle now??! I can't see any App showing up on my playbook. i even rebooted it just in case.

Am i missing/skipping something obvious?
    I have the same problem used the DDPB software and it tells me that the app has been installed, but where, not appearing on the screen. I did load an earlier version before which worked for a couple of days and then I just got a black screen when I opened the app, I am running OS2. Any help greatly appreciated.

Also does any one else have problems using the forum on their playbook? When ever I try and open a thread i get "error 404"
    CrackBerry User

Default Kindle app stopped working rooted 2.0.0.4869

had a rooted 0s 2.0.0.4869 and used DDPB to load a Kindle app. Worked great, read several books but wanted to upgrade so could read newspapers. Was also missing android market. Re-rooted playbook and got Android Market working well which allowed me to "update" Kindle. Now Kindle won't let me log into my Kindle account. Deleted the app and tried resideloading the bar file..... same thing, will load up the splash screen and login screen. But fails to log me in. I think when it was working, it booted up fine from PB without asking for an Android launcher to start with it.... I think.... ANYONE ELSE HAVE KINDLE WORKING ON ROOTED 2.0.0.4869?????
    Tried creating a new Kindle account but still won't let me log in.
    CrackBerry Newbie

Global Posts
    8 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MiataMike View Post
    had a rooted 0s 2.0.0.4869 and used DDPB to load a Kindle app. Worked great, read several books but wanted to upgrade so could read newspapers. Was also missing android market. Re-rooted playbook and got Android Market working well which allowed me to "update" Kindle. Now Kindle won't let me log into my Kindle account. Deleted the app and tried resideloading the bar file..... same thing, will load up the splash screen and login screen. But fails to log me in. I think when it was working, it booted up fine from PB without asking for an Android launcher to start with it.... I think.... ANYONE ELSE HAVE KINDLE WORKING ON ROOTED 2.0.0.4869?????
    Tried creating a new Kindle account but still won't let me log in.
    Mike, did you ever get this resolved. I can't get Kindle to load. It always crashes. I am using the bar file posted by OP on this thread.