Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree12Likes
    CrackBerry Master

Quote Originally Posted by genericscissors View Post
    they just updated it for the nexus 7:

Instagram updated with Nexus 7 support, Flickr sharing | Android Central

might be worth a shot again
    No, it is not worth a shot again, it will still be using native code, which will never magically start working in the PB's Android runtime. It will be worth trying again if RIM decide to update the Android runtime and add support for native code. Otherwise, unless they the Instagram app significantly (i.e. pretty much complete rewrite), it will not ever work on the PB.
    UberCurrency - Free currency conversion app for PlayBook.
    Between Realities

Global Posts
    11,666 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SifJar View Post
    No, it is not worth a shot again, it will still be using native code, which will never magically start working in the PB's Android runtime. It will be worth trying again if RIM decide to update the Android runtime and add support for native code. Otherwise, unless they the Instagram app significantly (i.e. pretty much complete rewrite), it will not ever work on the PB.
    But it works on the Xoom... maybe it'll work now?

Sorry Sif. Couldn't help it. I give you kudos for being patient. LOL
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,032 Global Posts

Nope still doesnt work. It does start up like its gonna work and then
    a message appears that said something like "the camera in this device is not sufficient for this app" then it closes the app.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Tapatalk
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    291DC0F4

Is there an updated .BAR out there? Now that the new 2.1 update allows Android Runtime access to the native camera surly, in theory, this app should work on the PlayBook now? I have sideloaded the .BAR file from the top of this thread, but didn't seem to work. I wondered if there was an updated .apk file to convert?
    BlackBerry. One of My Five A Day.
    CrackBerry User

Quote Originally Posted by iBenRowe View Post
    Is there an updated .BAR out there? Now that the new 2.1 update allows Android Runtime access to the native camera surly, in theory, this app should work on the PlayBook now? I have sideloaded the .BAR file from the top of this thread, but didn't seem to work. I wondered if there was an updated .apk file to convert?
    You can't run any android app that use native (library) , Playbook don't support it. I am 100% sure instagram did use native language for its app
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    565 Global Posts

how many times do we have to repeat this. instagram uses the native android sdk and apps using it wont work on the playbook.
    camera support has nothing to do with it.
    Thanked by:
    xDragonZ (10-04-2012) 
    SifJar likes this.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Default Re: Instagram BAR?

I saw people commented before that instagram works (?) but only crashes when using the camera. So can it read the timeline w/o problem?

Anyone can share the working bar file (if any), because I converted the latest apk but it crashed on launch. Thanks!
    CrackBerry User

Default Re: Instagram BAR?

The closest thing to Instagram on Playbook is the native "Instaphoto" app. There's a free version to try out in App world.
    CrackBerry Newbie

Hey i found an instagram client that works, check it out http://forums.crackberry.com/android...0/#post8067611
    Grae509 likes this.
    CrackBerry Newbie

does it work? and can I upload pictures throught the app
    CrackBerry Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by blessthissmess View Post
    Hey i found an instagram client that works, check it out http://forums.crackberry.com/android...0/#post8067611
    does it work?
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123