Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By ismael280373
  1. MTL
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default How to upgrade sideloaded android apps

Hello,

I was looking around and couldn't find any post about this...

How can I upgrade an android app? If I install it again, would I lose all the information already stored in the actual app?
    CrackBerry User

Default How to upgrade sideloaded android apps

Quote Originally Posted by MTL View Post
    Hello,

I was looking around and couldn't find any post about this...

How can I upgrade an android app? If I install it again, would I lose all the information already stored in the actual app?
    Thats a case per case type of things. I usually install it and delete the old app (it will make 2 icons on your screen) before starting the new one but you can have all sorts of surprises.

Be sure to keep the old .bar file handy if the update is not working and Sometimes youll have to reboot between installs/uninstalls. Also keep a backup of your personal files of the app you want to upgrade.

Good luck!
    Thanked by:
    MTL (01-03-2013) 
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    1,803 Global Posts

I usually just try installing the new one and sometimes the icon goes dim and then bright which is a good sign it upgraded in place. Sometimes I get two icons like above and just delete the old icon, I have everything in folders so the old one is in the folder and the new installation shows on the main screen outside all my folders. Then I delete the old icon in the folder and move the new one. Sometimes it ends up a mess and you do 3 or 4 uninstalls of both versions using DDPB even though nothing shows, and maybe a couple of reboots and it clears everything then do a fresh install of the new one.

There is a reason a lot of these aren't in App World, eg bad memory management, bad file management, security so its all own risk.
    Thanked by:
    MTL (01-08-2013) 
    CrackBerry User

I always install new version, check out everything runs like would be and uninstall previous version.

But, yes, this method is a pain. It would be so much better than new version just "override" previous like in the real world is.
    Thanked by:
    MTL (01-08-2013) 
    MTL likes this.

Default Re: How to upgrade sideloaded android apps

I've only had 2 apps install over the original and in both cases I had converted/signed them. All others created a new icon. I've had success with most, except the Kindle app.
    Unlocked Rogers Z10 STL100-3 10.2.1.2947 / Unlocked Bell Q10 SQN100-1 10.2.1.2947