Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default How do I delete/remove Honeycomb Launcher?

I admit, this is probably a crazy question but I can't recall how I installed Honeycomb Launcher and would like to be able to remove it eventually. So this is a preemptive question. I don't recall the bar file's name since I don't directly see "honeycomb" as a name.

Okay, maybe one of you fine folks can tell me where I got "Honeycomb Launcher?" I don't seem to see its Icon as I do "Go Launcher EX" which has an icon on my home screen. And looking through DDPB's installed apps, I also do not see its name. I seem to recall that it may have been part and parcel of something else I might have installed?

So when I launch any Adroid app, I get THREE choices

1: Go Launcher EX
    2: Honeycomb Launcher
    3: QNXAppLauncher

I usually select 1 or 2 and that brings up their respective home screens where I can actually launch android apps.

Thanks in advance.
    CrackBerry Genius

Try using Ghost Commander. It will tell you what android apps are installed on your PB (from homescreen click "Applications"). You can uninstall from there- click on the app, then on "manage", though the uninstall doesn't always work.
    Thanked by:
    Delirious D (03-27-2013) 
  3. Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  

Thanks. I guess I can remove it that way - this is all in preparation for the "SOON" to be released OFFICIAL 2.1!

But I am curious that the Honeycomb Launcher is present (and works) on my system but I don't seem to see any icon for it whereas the GO-EX launcher does have an icon.

Ah, well, the mysteries of the pb and android and, well, life!
    CrackBerry Genius

Like you said, it may have been part of something else you installed, and that's why it's not showing on your homescreen. For example, ES File Explorer has its own integrated media player, called ES Media player. While ES File Explorer shows up as an icon on your desktop, ES Media Player does not. But if you try to open a tune or video from within any android file manager, you'll get ES Media Player as one of the options to open the file. Also, there are a number of functioning android apps that are packaged with the PB android runtime, Email, Camera, Gallery, etc., that do not have desktop icons but that can be accessed and launched with Ghost Commander. Honeycomb Launcher is not one of these, though.
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    95 Global Posts

I have the Honeycomb launcher as well (in my case, it's a keeper because my pb won't launch through the normal QNX launcher on 2.1 beta until I get motivated to fix the issue).

Removal:
    Check your app icons for HCL Wallpapers. This is my Honeycomb Launcher and yours may be named as such. It has a black honeybee and kind of pentagon-shaped icon (but the two sides are at a 90 degree angle straight up instead of tilted outward.... sorry, geometry is not my strong suit...). Tap, hold, delete.
    It's not that I have ADD... it's just that I'm really good at multi-focusing...
    CrackBerry Abuser

There's an Android app called "settings" which also lets you look at and manage your Android apps. You may be able to find it in their list. You can delete sideloaded apps via the settings app, but, as many, I prefer to do it via DDPB if possible.
  7. Thread AuthorThread Author   #7  

Thanks for the additional info. I will look around my icons. I'm just trying to prepare for 2.1 and the individual Android windows. So I don't want these extra launchers in the way. But I have a feeling there's no rush to 2.1 (other than the beta).
    CrackBerry Genius

PIN
    Just PM

This worked for me:
    Delete the app by icon, and perform a reboot.

This worked for me
    ❤ button

✪✪✪ Playbook + BB10 DEV , APPS ON REQUEST PLEASE PM ME. ✔✔✔[PB]Crackberry Forum App (NON-ANDROID) ✪✪✪
    ☢ bbUI.js ☢ expert -- Need HELP ? Just PM me ! ☣ Blackberry Playbook 64GB ☣
    CrackBerry User

okay so i got the roms loaded but how do i use the rom selector gui i see on the first page?
    Thanks, and apologies if i missed something obvious.
    Curve 9830
    PlayBook 16gb
    CrackBerry Master

Quote Originally Posted by jbenny View Post
    okay so i got the roms loaded but how do i use the rom selector gui i see on the first page?
    Thanks, and apologies if i missed something obvious.
    I think you may be in the wrong thread here...

(but tap the top left corner or swipe down from the top bezel, that should do the trick, depending on the emulator you're using )
    Last edited by SifJar; 08-13-2012 at 05:50 PM.
    UberCurrency - Free currency conversion app for PlayBook.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    450 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by pacoman03 View Post
    Try using Ghost Commander. It will tell you what android apps are installed on your PB (from homescreen click "Applications"). You can uninstall from there- click on the app, then on "manage", though the uninstall doesn't always work.
    yup this just worked for me.. it still shows the hcl icon but I deleted and rebooting now. but I was able to open an app without being ask to choose a launcher.. yaye