Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By kozmonaut
    CrackBerry Genius

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Good e-Reader News App

Hey guys! I am working on a playbook port of this right now.

Its my news app for good e-reader HD, right now only works on android tablets. Its totally awesome! Spent the last 3 months developing this as a followup to our first app. I learned a ton from developing my first news app, the new one lets you watch youtube videos, listen to podasts, image gallery and awesome feeds of all our major news categories.

You can read online and offline, and has tons of features

you can download it from

Magazine and Newspaper Apps for your Android Tablet | Good e-Reader Android APP Store - Playbook App Market

Good e-Reader News App-screen2.jpg
    Good e-Reader News App-screen3.jpg
    Good e-Reader News App-screenshot1.jpg
    The Good e-Reader App Store is your #1 online Destination for BB10, Android and Playbook Apps! We currently have over 4500 Blackberry apps and 47,000 Android Apps! Our new client will work with the new leaked firmware. Download it today or visit http://apps.goodereader.com
    Thanked by:
    ismael280373 (12-24-2012) 
    ismael280373 likes this.
    CrackBerry Addict

The offline feature is very unusual on the Playbook and thus very interesting. Is it possible to add new RSS urls in the app?
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    205 Global Posts

Default Re: Good e-Reader News App

Awesome app, would you make it a native app or just a port with android runtime? Also, will you port it to BB10?, remember there's an Android Port-a-Thon coming so you could port all your Android apps
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,871 Global Posts

Default Re: Good e-Reader News App

So if one was to convert it, it wouldn't work yet?
    CrackBerry Abuser

Nice one! It will be awesome if you can add Google Reader sync and/or RSS feeds
    CrackBerry Genius

Thread AuthorThread Author   #6  

no, not yet, there is errors in the image gallery i have setup and need to find a way to bypass it or scrap it altogether. I thought the whole reading offline is cool, new content is only fetched if you sync. So if you sync everything and go outside out of a wifi/3g zone you can still listen to podcasts or read articles or look at the image galleries.

it wouldnt be a native app, but an android port, but like the playbook app store i made, its a custom android port. I don't know much about bb10 or anything but i thought bar files as i have them now all work on bb10? i was looking to submit this news app to the official playbook app world and whatnot, once i got it all ironed out. I am on holidays visiting family and dint bring my playbook, so its a bit harder to develop right now.
    The Good e-Reader App Store is your #1 online Destination for BB10, Android and Playbook Apps! We currently have over 4500 Blackberry apps and 47,000 Android Apps! Our new client will work with the new leaked firmware. Download it today or visit http://apps.goodereader.com
    CrackBerry Genius

Thread AuthorThread Author   #7  

Quote Originally Posted by jiatern View Post
    Nice one! It will be awesome if you can add Google Reader sync and/or RSS feeds
    i was actually thinking of adding a feature for people to add in their own rss feeds and import in atom/rss/rss2 and you can add in your own for online/offline reading, but when i thought about it more deeply why not just use pulse or zite or flipboard.
    CrackBerry Genius

Thread AuthorThread Author   #8  

if anyone installs this for android, can you leave a rating for me on google play? if anyone does, i will put a priority on converting your apps, or if i have converted lots for you in the past, please feel free!

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...er.news.tablet
    CrackBerry Addict

Quote Originally Posted by kozmonaut View Post
    (...) why not just use pulse or zite or flipboard.
    What's this?