Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry Addict

PIN
    2840F011
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Crashing games

I've been noticing a lot of side-loaded games not working from Good E-Reader. In particular:

-Sims FreePlay: Hangs at EA logo
    -Rift: Can't connect to server
    -Rock The Vegas: Crashes after title screen load
    -Tribez

Anyone else having trouble with any of these? I've tried resetting the PlayBook, developper mode on and off, wi-fi on and off (obviously stops some games from working), pretending that I don't actually want to play the game... Nada.
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    29D38F3F

All my games (Solitaire etc) just got slow. Only change is that I added about 20Gig of movies. I deleted all the movies with no change. I deleted all sideloaded bames and its a bit faster. I had just wiped my playbook 2 weeks ago!
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    182 Global Posts
    PIN
    xxxxxxxxx

Default Re: Crashing games

try changing the default application behavior (settings>general>application behavior) to default then back to showcase. this worked for my mom.
    CrackBerry Addict

PIN
    2840F011
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #4  

Quote Originally Posted by jdorenstein View Post
    try changing the default application behavior (settings>general>application behavior) to default then back to showcase. this worked for my mom.
    Yeah, that didn't work, but thanks.

I have other side-loaded apps that work fine. Could it be a sound or internet thing wuth the android player? I watched my free memory, and that doesn't seem to be an issue. I know The Sims FreePlay has NEVER worked on my PlayBook. I've tried it a few times since May, always downloading a fresh version of it.
    CrackBerry Addict

PIN
    2840F011
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #5  

Redownloaded Tribez, Crime City, Paradise Island and Rock The Vegas with my PlayBookl transferring the bars to my laptop for sideloading. Crime City works, the other three don't, crashing after the load screen or developer screen. Any theories? Has this happened to anyone but me?
    CrackBerry Addict

PIN
    2840F011
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #6  

Well, scratch that, Crime City started getting sluggish, then crashed at level 5, and now can't get past the load screen. I'll assume there's sometjing wrong with my android player, and that the only way to fix that would be to perform a factory reset.
    CrackBerry Addict

PIN
    2840F011
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #7  

Well, I'm about three hours into a security wipe/factory reset/reinstallation process. Currently reinstalling all my apps, some of which, sadly, have changed price on me, and want me to repay.

I'll check the sideloaded app issue once all that's done.
    CrackBerry Newbie

all games I have sideloaded have been crashing. My pinterest & cozi have been fine but amazon app store & temple run, angry birds have been crashing as soon as I open...please help!
    CrackBerry Addict

PIN
    2840F011
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #9  

Well, after all that, nada. The sideloaded apps still don't work. When I let my desktop manager refactorize my PlayBook, it told me that it had received warnings in the process. Nothing more specific than that though.