1. bulls2213's Avatar
    Does anybody know how to decompile an .APK and change the package name?

    Long story short, the new MLB At Bat 1.2 update contains a package name that is evidently too long to convert to .BAR. If anybody is experienced enough or knows how to do this that can push me in the right direction that would be amazing! Google hasn't been much help

    The apk is located here if anyone wants to give it a try:

    MLB.com.apk
    06-08-12 01:02 PM
  2. SifJar's Avatar
    Try this one: Droplr:MLB.com_.apk

    Haven't tried it, but it should probably work I guess. I used apktool to decompile the APK, edited the android-manifest.xml, rebuilt the APK, then resigned the APK.

    EDIT: Just tested on my Android phone, it installs but force closes. I guess the same will probably be true on PB. Musn't like having a different package name :/
    Last edited by SifJar; 06-08-12 at 03:14 PM.
    06-08-12 03:10 PM
  3. bulls2213's Avatar
    Yeah it didn't work on the PlayBook either. Bummer.

    Thanks for trying though, got farther than I did.
    06-08-12 05:13 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD
";