Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By bookplayer
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Can't get DDPB to connect to PB

I have the latest 2.0.0.6149 after a fresh restore and the DDPB app won't connect to the PB. It says IP address and password don't match. I have tripled checked the passwords and IP and it won't work. Is there a setting or something I'm missing?
    CrackBerry User

Quote Originally Posted by peteg825 View Post
    I have the latest 2.0.0.6149 after a fresh restore and the DDPB app won't connect to the PB. It says IP address and password don't match. I have tripled checked the passwords and IP and it won't work. Is there a setting or something I'm missing?
    to make sure if you active the development mode?
    CrackBerry User

I also have had this issue. I couldn't figure out what was wrong, and instead use DDPB 1.0.7, which works fine.

Download it here
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #4  

Thanks but on that version it says done like the android player went on my playbook but I don't get an icon for it. I used air browser to see if it was on the pb and it was in the misc. folder. IDK pain in the **S!
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    26 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by peteg825 View Post
    You need to update to NetworkFrame 2.0.
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    A9UWISH88D

Try using this to install instead, it is a lot easier and I use it. You just drag the .bar file into the .bat file and it will bring up a command prompt. It's easy and simple!

Playbook_Tools.zip
    Thanked by:
    momofteme (01-31-2012) 
    CrackBerry Newbie

This worked perfectly for me. Thanks!
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    541 Global Posts
    PIN
    to or black beans?

Quote Originally Posted by Fuhrer D View Post
    You need to update to NetworkFrame 2.0.
    4.0 or something is the most current. That won't work?
    8330 ---> 9530 --> 8330 --> 9650 --> HTC Thunderbolt & 32G Playbook
    CrackBerry Addict

I see there are two thread for the same problem. I can't get ddpb 1.08 to work. Everything is set up properly (in developer mode, right password, right address, etc). I'm on .net 4 as well.

What am I missing here. I mean we can see the android director via windows explorer. It's there some simpler way to get the bar file on the playbook.
    CrackBerry Addict

I see there are two thread for the same problem. I can't get ddpb 1.08 to work. Everything is set up properly (in developer mode, right password, right address, etc). I'm on .net 4 as well.

What am I missing here. I mean we can see the android director via windows explorer. It's there some simpler way to get the bar file on the playbook.
    CrackBerry Newbie

Use version 1.0.7 work's fine for me!
    CrackBerry Addict

Per the other active thread on the same topic, I got some bars to load via BBHP
    BBHTool (Public Version) - Downloads - BBH-Plus Forums

The remote bar load scheme works. The drag and drop or explorer mode doesn't. At least I have google maps now. Odd there is no blackberry maps for the playbook.

I thought BBSAK was a slick program, but BBHP is even more gonzo. I swear RIM should just hire the Blackberry hackers.
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    156 Global Posts

You need to make sure you install the latest version of Java. Go to Java.com to get the lastest version.
    CrackBerry Newbie

Hi bbbeast_11208,

I understand your frustration, since I just went through the same experience today. I managed to resolve the problem by installing the latest Java JDK 1.6 32 bit version.

It is important for the JDK to be 32 bit, even though your Windows installation is 64 bit, because the DDPB Installer is itself a 32 bit app. I suspect the root problem could be either that DDPB expects to find the JDK under a certain path, or that the 32 bit DDPB cannot load the 64 bit compiled Java libraries.

The 32 bit JDK can be downloaded from here (click the Windows x86 link):
    Java SE Development Kit 6u26

Hope this helps.
    Thanked by 3:
    JayR2010 (06-18-2012),  manytone (02-29-2012),  marcelo_fern (03-12-2012) 
    JayR2010 and manytone like this.
    CrackBerry User

Thanks a bunch for that post bookplayer!
    I had tried everything here this afternoon to learn this sideloading and although I had java installed it was the 64 bit version for my 64 bit system. After installing 32 bit java the DDPB installer connected to the playbook. I was pretty frustrated and searching these forums brought the answer.

Cheers again
    Last edited by manytone; 02-29-2012 at 08:30 PM. Reason: searched forum and got more answers ;-)
    CrackBerry Addict

I had 32bit java installed. However, for some reason, win 7 64 bit won't run it unless I specifically add the location in my path. This could be just a fluke on my installation, but if you want to add 32 bit java to your path in win 7 64 bit, do the following:

start->control panel->system and security->system->advanced system settings

Click on environment variables. Move the elevator (scroll panel) to find "path". Click on "path". Click on "edit". Add to the existing path the following:
    ;"d:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre6\bin";

Note I said ADD and not REPLACE. You still need whatever was in your path. Watch out for those embedded spaces. [Spaces in directory names are plain insane.] You may be using the C drive instead of the D drive. The semicolon is a separator. Your last entry in the path might have a semicolon at the end already. A second one doesn't hurt. Click OK to save the change. Click OK to get out of the control panel. This being windows, you have to boot to get the system to accept the change. [I can't believe in 2012 a path change needs a boot. Come on Redmond, get with the program.]

I can now get DDPB to see my playbook.
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    844 Global Posts

I still can't get bbhtool or ddpm to connect to my playbook.. BBhtool used to work perfectly.

playbook tools works just fine after re-adding java to my windows 7 64 path.

Uninstalled all java.. Rebooted. Re-installed nothing. Remove the current version and instal jdk_6u26 32 and 64.. nothing..

DDPB says invalid ip/ password. (both are currect)

BBHTOOLS says bat has NOT been successfully installed immediately after saying clicking install.

Any ideas? I'm a network admin and i'm stumped..
    --- Sent From Mobile Device While on the Can! ---
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    844 Global Posts

bump.

PLaybook tools works.

BBHtools can get my device info but clicking install imediately says not installed

log shows \BBHTool-pub (2)>java -Xmx512M -jar lib\BarDeploy.jar -installApp -device 172.16.0.154 -password vbnm "C:\Users\xxxxx\Downloads\applicationname.bar"
    --- Sent From Mobile Device While on the Can! ---
    CrackBerry Newbie

Default I fixed it by runing PB setup.exe(from win7 popup window) ...

and install(auto) driver from RIM......

also introduce online PB Boxman url: www.kwgo.com (on your PB)

good luck.
    CrackBerry Newbie

when i open the ddpb something came up first "not java, close app" then i press OK... the ddpb is very much different from the one i saw in youtube. every time i add bar file then click the install... after just a sec done pops out... nothing happens.. it didn't install in my playbook...
    CrackBerry Newbie

Can't get DDPB to connect to PB-untitled.jpg

this shows when i open the ddpb
    CrackBerry Newbie

Can't get DDPB to connect to PB-untitled_2.jpg

is this the right one? its very much different from the one i saw in you tube...

and every time i checked all and install, in just a sec it says its done... but when i check my playbook nothing happens... help!!!
    CrackBerry Newbie

Well I could connect the playbook to my Win 7 PC 64 bit but DDPB says this everytime I put in the IP and click connectCan't get DDPB to connect to PB-b401bb3d19e64cb.jpg