Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 54
Like Tree6Likes
  1. dimm0k's Avatar
    CrackBerry Master

    Posts
    1,242 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,302 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

    Default Android's Words With Friends converted to bar

    Converted the latest WwF to .bar and so far it works perfectly!

    Words_With_Friends_4.70.bar

    Words_With_Friends_4.73.bar
    Last edited by dimm0k; 02-27-2012 at 11:59 PM. Reason: uploaded 4.73
    Rockin' PlayBook 2.1.0.1526 bridged with the Bold 9930 7.1.0.1033

    My 9630 theme: dimm0k's V1 theme
    Thanked by 17:
    + Show/Hide list of the thanked
    bluetroll (02-27-2012),  carrickfergus (03-03-2012),  cosmo497 (02-26-2012),  DanielLui1 (02-27-2012),  Fubaz (02-27-2012),  gb5766 (02-25-2012),  Kingkracker (02-27-2012),  MadGasser (03-01-2012),  MTM1986 (08-18-2012),  peter_betos (02-29-2012),  rav813 (03-12-2012),  Rello (03-07-2012),  soxfan04 (03-10-2012),  sstephanie40 (03-03-2012),  thecodemonkee (02-26-2012),  TheScionicMan (02-25-2012),  toobs623 (02-26-2012) 
  2. cc999's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    136 Posts
    Global Posts
    138 Global Posts
    #2  

    Default how

    I am a nubie, how do I install the .bar file?

    Charlie C
  3. megaoreo's Avatar
    CrackBerry Newbie

    Posts
    9 Posts
    #3  

    Default

    can you also get Hanging with Friends 4.52? any version before 4.52 requires update now. thanks!
  4. dimm0k's Avatar
    CrackBerry Master

    Posts
    1,242 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,302 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #4  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cc999 View Post
    I am a nubie, how do I install the .bar file?

    Charlie C
    - Get DDPB Installer from here UPDATED: [PlayBook] Side Load PlayBook Apps/Android Apps (Windows) « BerryReview Forums
    - Turn on developer mode on your PB
    - Turn on wi-fi on your PB
    - Use DDPB Installer to connect to your PB via IP address and password
    - add the .bar file to DDPB Installer, select, install
    Rockin' PlayBook 2.1.0.1526 bridged with the Bold 9930 7.1.0.1033

    My 9630 theme: dimm0k's V1 theme
    Thanked by:
    cc999 (02-25-2012) 
  5. dimm0k's Avatar
    CrackBerry Master

    Posts
    1,242 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,302 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #5  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by megaoreo View Post
    can you also get Hanging with Friends 4.52? any version before 4.52 requires update now. thanks!
    Looking for it... so far I can't find the apk
    Rockin' PlayBook 2.1.0.1526 bridged with the Bold 9930 7.1.0.1033

    My 9630 theme: dimm0k's V1 theme
  6. moss27's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    93 Posts
    Global Posts
    122 Global Posts
    #6  

    Default

    I don't want to bother the folks here, but can anyone break down what sideloading is for someone who knows nothing about it?

    As far as I have seen, it seems like some backdoor way to play android games on the playbook..

    how does it actually work in basic terms? Did some random guy make a program to allow this compatibility?
    Has anyone tried to shut this process down?
    is it legal? I'd guess that RIM would not want something like this to be available so easily..how is this so easily available?
    do the games work as well as on the android device?
    does multiplayer work? does it allow PB users to play with android users?
    do the games show up with regular icons on the PB?
    Is there any downside to this sideloading stuff?
    If this works, couldn't we just get every good app/game from the android marketplace on here?
  7. Barljo's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    670 Posts
    Global Posts
    912 Global Posts
    #7  

    Default

    Thanks dimm0k - I've been using 4.5 until this eve.

    Quote Originally Posted by moss27 View Post
    I don't want to bother the folks here, but can anyone break down what sideloading is for someone who knows nothing about it?

    As far as I have seen, it seems like some backdoor way to play android games on the playbook..

    how does it actually work in basic terms? Did some random guy make a program to allow this compatibility?
    Has anyone tried to shut this process down?
    is it legal? I'd guess that RIM would not want something like this to be available so easily..how is this so easily available?
    do the games work as well as on the android device?
    does multiplayer work? does it allow PB users to play with android users?
    do the games show up with regular icons on the PB?
    Is there any downside to this sideloading stuff?
    If this works, couldn't we just get every good app/game from the android marketplace on here?
    I'll go in order if I may - I'm far from an expert though, and I'm sure someone will correct something I say!

    The software was built by RIM as part of their 2.0 update, and the opinion is that is was a way for RIM to counter the argument that the PB 'doesn't have enough apps'. As I understand it, the 'Android Player' you'll see referred to is something like an emulator program that runs android coded software on the PB. Some conversion of the software is required before it will run. I have probably over simplified that paragraph!

    As far as I know, there has been no move to shut it down. It's RIM's code that runs the apps, and they control the PB software, so they are clearly satisfied with what is going on.

    I think that the only legal point to consider would be if someone ports a paid app without the developer's permission. (See some of the Dolphin/Handster threads for more thoughts on that one...).

    Multiplayer definitely works - I'm currently 2-0 against my girlfriend on Words, and she plays on her iPad. #winning

    Yes, the games show up as regular icons.

    Downsides - not all the converted files will work, not all apps will work, and sometimes an app may be buggy/laggy and feel a little bit rubbish. It's a kind of "sideloader beware" situation.

    In theory, yes we could end up with every app/game etc. But - see the legality comment, and also the downsides... Who knows what the future holds...
    Last edited by Barljo; 02-25-2012 at 06:02 PM.
    Thanked by:
    moss27 (02-26-2012) 
  8. TheScionicMan's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

    Posts
    8,744 Posts
    #8  

    Default

    Thanks. Just sideloaded to my wife's and my PB. We've played it through the browser but this works better.
    They talk about me like a dog, talkin' about the clothes I wear
    But they don't realize they're the ones who's square.
  9. cc999's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    136 Posts
    Global Posts
    138 Global Posts
    #9  

    Default awesome

    Worked like a charm! Thank you!

    Is there a Sirius XM app we can load?

    Charlie C
  10. Fusionkast's Avatar
    CrackBerry Newbie

    Posts
    4 Posts
    #10  

    Default Problems installing

    For some reason this bar won't install on my playbook. DDPB keeps giving me install errors. The same thing happens with Google Maps and a couple others. I've installed numerous apps already but these just won't sideload. They keep giving me -4 error messages. Anyone have an idea what error message that is and what I can try to get these to install? Wife would really love this app installed but all versions lead to the same conclusion.
  11. moss27's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    93 Posts
    Global Posts
    122 Global Posts
    #11  

    Default

    Thanks Barljo! I went ahead and after some frustration I got the sideloading to work..it feels like a whole new world of potential for the playbook now. Can't wait to try some of these games/apps.
  12. bbaddict30's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    61 Posts
    Global Posts
    64 Global Posts
    #12  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dimm0k View Post
    Converted the latest WwF to .bar and so far it works perfectly!

    Words_With_Friends_4.70.bar
    WwF 4.73 ad-free is available, just do a search on google for the apk and convert it to bar. Easy Peasy Lemon Squeezy
  13. kerry6's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    264 Posts
    #13  

    Default

    I have a nube questions. Please forgive me. But after your apps are sideloadedapp, does development mode have to stay on or can it be turned off? And apps still work. Had not even thought about it until words with friends.. Thanks in advanced..
  14. Prey521's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    403 Posts
    Global Posts
    432 Global Posts
    #14  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dimm0k View Post
    Looking for it... so far I can't find the apk
    I have it hosted here:

    http://dl.dropbox.com/u/573185/Hangi...nds%204.52.apk
  15. DanielLui1's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    52 Posts
    Global Posts
    60 Global Posts
    #15  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dimm0k View Post
    Converted the latest WwF to .bar and so far it works perfectly!

    Words_With_Friends_4.70.bar
    Thanks for putting a lot of effort into converting the Words With Friends APK file into a BAR file. On a side note, I was wondering if you could also convert the Tiny Towers APK into a BAR file as well.
    worldwarj and jerryeight like this.
  16. DurdenLunarius's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    566 Posts
    Global Posts
    568 Global Posts
    #16  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kerry6 View Post
    I have a nube questions. Please forgive me. But after your apps are sideloadedapp, does development mode have to stay on or can it be turned off? And apps still work. Had not even thought about it until words with friends.. Thanks in advanced..
    Development Mode only needs to stay on for the sideloading process. Once the app is installed you can turn Development Mode off (note that even off the Password you assigned will stay active until you turn the Password itself off).
  17. jostnyc's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    158 Posts
    Global Posts
    183 Global Posts
    PIN
    2810b6c6
    #17  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fusionkast View Post
    For some reason this bar won't install on my playbook. DDPB keeps giving me install errors. The same thing happens with Google Maps and a couple others. I've installed numerous apps already but these just won't sideload. They keep giving me -4 error messages. Anyone have an idea what error message that is and what I can try to get these to install? Wife would really love this app installed but all versions lead to the same conclusion.
    make sure you have java installed. if you dont youll get errors.
  18. Kingkracker's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    122 Posts
    #18  

    Default

    Worked perfectly! Thank you!!
    Zeus 30, Zeus 10, Blackberry Bold 9930, Playbook 64GB

    Classic Movies BBM Channel - C00121CA9

    “There are three types of lies - lies, damned lies and statistics.” Benjamin Disraeli
  19. Aero247's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    37 Posts
    #19  

    Default

    I just downloaded and installed the file on my playbook but it won't open. I installed this, the SNES emulator and Google Maps and only the emulator would open. Any suggestions? I'm using the latest version of the OS and just downloaded all of the necessary files from the front page of CB.com.
    Last edited by Aero247; 02-27-2012 at 09:43 PM.
  20. dimm0k's Avatar
    CrackBerry Master

    Posts
    1,242 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,302 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #20  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Prey521 View Post
    Here it is converted and signed... let me know how well it works and I'll add it to the first post for others.

    Hanging_with_Friends-4.52.bar
    Rockin' PlayBook 2.1.0.1526 bridged with the Bold 9930 7.1.0.1033

    My 9630 theme: dimm0k's V1 theme
  21. dimm0k's Avatar
    CrackBerry Master

    Posts
    1,242 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,302 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #21  

    Default

    Converted version 4.73 for those that like to keep updated and listed in the first post... brief test and while it still works nicely I don't see anything changes.
    Rockin' PlayBook 2.1.0.1526 bridged with the Bold 9930 7.1.0.1033

    My 9630 theme: dimm0k's V1 theme
    Thanked by:
    nappp (02-28-2012) 
  22. TheScionicMan's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

    Posts
    8,744 Posts
    #22  

    Default

    Anyone seen Zynga Poker available?
    They talk about me like a dog, talkin' about the clothes I wear
    But they don't realize they're the ones who's square.
  23. iJuan's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    23 Posts
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    #23  

    Default

    how long to sideload this app? its taking forever....
    also my DDPB looks different, looks like a giant playbook on my scree, been downloading forever
  24. kinglimon's Avatar
    CrackBerry Newbie

    Posts
    6 Posts
    #24  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JxuaxnBB View Post
    how long to sideload this app? its taking forever....
    also my DDPB looks different, looks like a giant playbook on my scree, been downloading forever
    Check you IP again, it must be wrong.
  25. manofice1's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    1,537 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,564 Global Posts
    #25  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dimm0k View Post
    Converted version 4.73 for those that like to keep updated and listed in the first post... brief test and while it still works nicely I don't see anything changes.
    does it fix the lag? when i play this game with my wife who has an iphone, it takes like 25 minutes for her move to reach me
    Ballin with Blackberry Z10 OS 10.1.0.2354 and
    Blackberry Playbook y0!!
    BlackBerry Certified Support Specialist (v5.0)
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions