Android Apps wifi on latest 2.1
guys, anyone else noticed that some sideloaded android apps no longer detect wifi after latest os update? I've found this with nook, cnn, few others as well.
any ideas on how to resolve?I own a Playbook - who says men can't multitask!
- 12-26-2012, 10:19 AM #3
Did you remove-reboot-reinstall app, or heavens forbid, wipe-reinstall.
These are no solutions, per se, just wanted to know if RIM is slowly crippling the android player, or these are per app issues. I am never a brand loyalist but a function loyalist.
- 12-26-2012, 11:27 AM #5I waited...It launched...Im still waiting...
Have removed-reinstalled apps to see if this got them going...no joy. Wipe-reinstall, no, and I don't really fancy that. Nice to hear some people's apps are working, but doesn't answer the issue being seen - particularly (for example) when CNN used to work fine. 3D Camera also does this - just states it cannot connect to server. I can only presume that for certain apps it just doesn't connect to the wifi for some unknown reason. Definitely not the Android player overall - for example the CB Forum app is a conversion of an Android app & works fine.
Would love to know though...it is strange!I own a Playbook - who says men can't multitask!
- 12-26-2012, 06:21 PM #8
- By erandhawa in forum PlayBook Android App SideloadingReplies: 916Last Post: 09-16-2013, 03:00 PM
- By m0rf3us in forum PlayBook Apps & GamesReplies: 10Last Post: 12-20-2011, 10:15 AM
- By Kelton in forum PlayBook Apps & GamesReplies: 9Last Post: 04-13-2011, 12:20 AM
- By Kelton in forum BlackBerry PlayBookReplies: 9Last Post: 04-13-2011, 12:20 AM
- By McStoner in forum News & RumorsReplies: 23Last Post: 02-24-2011, 10:38 PM