CrackBerry Genius

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default android apps that need camera access under the beta 2.1

Now that the beta release is out, and considering that now the android player has access to the PB's camera, I'm figuring that there are a number of converted android apps out there thet were converted to bar but considered non-functioning because they couldn't access the camera. No, I'm not thinking Skype, since I think it's been confirmed that Skype doesn't work. But, it might be nice to have links to previously non-working apps that are now working do to the camera access, all in one place, rather than having to go looking through all of our sources for bars in search of these apps.

I'll go first. This is a link to the android app, barcode scanner, which proves that the android player does in fact have access to the rear facing camera. While the app doesn't really work too well at reading barcodes, it does work pretty well at reading QR codes. Barcode Scanner.bar

I also installed ooVoo, a video chat app, but I couldn't get it to work for anything other than messaging. I'm not sure if this was a camera issue or not.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Tried smart tools and it somehow worked but I think the camera for android is still unstable when accessed inside an app.

P.S. Can't post the bar file its a paid app I extracted from my tab.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    456 Global Posts

Well the native Android Cam app is working.. Both front and back camera both photos and videos..
    CrackBerry Genius

Thread AuthorThread Author   #4  

Quote Originally Posted by GreyGhostRos View Post
    Well the native Android Cam app is working.. Both front and back camera both photos and videos..
    What apps are you running to say this.

Docscanner: While I cannot figure out how it works (scanning docs), it did work both the front and back cameras although I don't know where it stored the pictures, IF it stored the pictures.
    CrackBerry Genius

PIN
    Just PM

The android camera has more options than the native camera..
    ❤ button

✪✪✪ Playbook + BB10 DEV , APPS ON REQUEST PLEASE PM ME. ✔✔✔[PB]Crackberry Forum App (NON-ANDROID) ✪✪✪
    ☢ bbUI.js ☢ expert -- Need HELP ? Just PM me ! ☣ Blackberry Playbook 64GB ☣
    CrackBerry Addict

Anyone try instagram yet? I'm not sure how to convert apk to bar. As I only started side loading today. :S
    CrackBerry User

does Instagram works with OS 2.1 ?
    CrackBerry Addict

No, Instagram doesn't work.

It's not because of Runtime, I have successfully converted and launched the app itself, but right after launch it says something like invalid registration number (don't remember exactly), like the app is protected by developer.

Sent from my BlackBerry PlayBook using Tapatalk 2
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    456 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by pacoman03 View Post
    What apps are you running to say this.
    Oh sorry I missed the post and just realised..

The Android player ships with quite a lot of native android apps (Gallery, Camera etc.)
    You just need to figure out how to run them..
    I use the applications menu in "Ghost Commander" for that..

Hope that helps and sorry for the late reply..
    Thanked by:
    pacoman03 (06-08-2012) 
    CrackBerry Genius

Thread AuthorThread Author   #11  

Well how about that. I never realized that you could launch apps through Ghost. And yes, that is what I was looking for, even if it's a prepackaged app, it's still an app that is now working that wasn't (I assume) working before the beta release. Now, I guess I'll have to play around with it a little to see if it can do anything that the native camera app can't do.
    CrackBerry Genius

Thread AuthorThread Author   #12  

Default Re: android apps that need camera access under the beta 2.1

I'll revive this old thread since I have a couple of updates. One, to add a bit to GreyGhostRos's posts, I found an apk file called Camcorder that works. What it does basically is launch the android video camera, so there is no need to go through Ghost to launch it. The only downside is that it only launches the video cam, and once launched, it can't be changed to photo mode. I had to find and download the apk and then converted it using the online converter.

The other app is called Slide Camera Zoom, which I had running the beta but after a wipe I haven't reinstalled it on the official. Mainly, I wasn't in love with the app, but it does work.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    493 Global Posts
    PIN
    502A43C3

Good thing Halloween is near since you are trying to raise the dead. You're pathetic.

No more replies will be forthcoming on this irrelevant thread. I feel sorry for you.
    CrackBerry Genius

Thread AuthorThread Author   #14  

Quote Originally Posted by sjc1963 View Post
    Good thing Halloween is near since you are trying to raise the dead. You're pathetic.

No more replies will be forthcoming on this irrelevant thread. I feel sorry for you.
    What a loser. He's all upset because I had the audacity to link to this thread in a thread that he started with the same topic only relating to the new official 2.1. His reason- what worked on beta 2.,1 is "irrelevant" to what might work on the official release. Pathetic.
    Last edited by pacoman03; 10-08-2012 at 04:59 PM.