Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By quivered
  • 1 Post By Kandoo-BB
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default almost there.. androids on playbook

I have downloaded a few bar files and also converted a few apk files myself.

I installed them my playbook using DDPB and they seemed to install fine but when I run the android apps I get
    an error message : The application app name (process system.apps) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again.
    It says "Sorry!" at the top of this dialog, and has a Force close button at the bottom.

This happens on all the android apps I try.

I have done a search for a solution and tried restarting the playbook , uninstalling and reinstalling the apps etc but no luck.

I am running os version 2.1.0.1314

thanks for any help
    Waterloo's Finest

Global Posts
    5,324 Global Posts

Try the chrome loader
    Phones: Nokia 5110>Nokia 3360>Siemens C56>Moto RAZR>LG Chocolate>Pearl 8100>Bold 9000 >Pearl 9100 + Bold 9900 > iPhone 4S + Z10 + Bold 9000
    Tablets: 16GB Playbook > Playbook 32GB
    __________________________________________________ _________________________

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE SEXY GIRLS IN YOGA PANTS CHANNEL

C000288CC
    __________________________________________________ ___________________________
    CrackBerry Newbie

Default Re: almost there.. androids on playbook

Try the web site good ereader for your apps. about 95% of apps are genuine and functional. the online .apk conversion facility is not worth your time.
    rebroker2009 likes this.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    221 Global Posts
    PIN
    non ya fn

Sounds like your installing apps that are not compatible. Try research about said app beforehand and see if you can find if it's compatible or not. GoodEreader is a good spot for Android apps if that's your thing. OH YEAH.....GO RAVENS WOOOOOOO HOOOOOO LOL.
    bdguru likes this.
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #5  

Thanks for all the above replies .
    good e-reader site does have lots of apps under the playbook app section but not many games ( my son if after stuff like temple run or angry birds )
    Or am I looking in the wrong place?
    I can get lots of android games from the site too but would need to convert them .
    All the searches for concerting seemd to go to the online .apk conversion facility . Is there something better to convert them ?
    CrackBerry Addict

Do a Google search for angry birds.bar. You will see it.
    Sent using my PlayBook or my 9930.
    Doesn't Matter

Global Posts
    56,010 Global Posts

Not all android apps will work. Even some from good reader etc don't work well.
    Sent from me using my fingers. Be pantless in 5K. Febreze - for more than smells.
    the 50K CrackBerry challenge
    I'm no more qualified to say so because I own a BlackBerry
    CrackBerry Master

Most games will not work, as the PB's Android player does not support "native code" (i.e. code written in C++ instead of Java), which is the case for most games. Simpler apps should often work.
    UberCurrency - Free currency conversion app for PlayBook.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Angry birds is available for playbook natively, don't understand why you would want android port.

Here are some great games available for playbook in BlackBerry World you might want to try. Most are native but there are a few ports
    - Air Attack
    - Andoku 2 Free (Android port)
    - Baublez
    - Blocks of Pyramids
    - ChromaSphere
    - Cubifice (Android port)
    - CubeHunt
    - Frisbee Forever
    - Fruit Slash
    - Great Little War Game
    - Monoply
    - Pinball Deluxe
    - Plunk Lite
    - Radiant Defense
    - Rail Maze (popular iOS game)
    -Tomb Escape (simular to temple run)
    - Jetpack Joyride (popular iOS game)
    - Sim City
    - Sudoku (Adroid port)
    - Stick Tennis
    - Traffic Mania
    - Yachty Deluxe

Cheers!
    Hater of all things APPLE.... Innovation, really? iphone = itouch with a phone, ipad = bigger itouch... give me a break!

Evaluation of awesomeness:7230, 8830 World Edition, 9800, 9860, and now a shiny new Z10 plus 2 x 32g Playbooks
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #10  

Quote Originally Posted by quivered View Post
    the online .apk conversion facility is not worth your time.
    I was looking at this site and you are probably right. Every app I have converted on here or the ones downloaded from the site ( listed as recent conversions )
    just will not work. Wondering what the point of the site is .. do any of the apps converted on there actually work? I assume some people get some of them to work as some have positive votes but what are these people doing different to get them to run?
    CrackBerry Master

Quote Originally Posted by tomm2000 View Post
    I was looking at this site and you are probably right. Every app I have converted on here or the ones downloaded from the site ( listed as recent conversions )
    just will not work. Wondering what the point of the site is .. do any of the apps converted on there actually work? I assume some people get some of them to work as some have positive votes but what are these people doing different to get them to run?
    It converts them the exact same way as any other method, if the app doesn't work when converted with that site, it won't work by any other conversion method either. If the app does work by other conversion methods, it will work through that site also.

My only complaint with that site is that when you try to convert an app, if anyone else has ever converted that app, it will just give you the already converted version, even if it's not the same version as the one you uploaded. Meaning you can get old versions of apps you're trying to convert the latest version of.
    UberCurrency - Free currency conversion app for PlayBook.