Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Page Plus carrier ???

I am about to hook up my newly purchased Blackberry Pearl 8130 to my Page Plus account. I know I will not be able to use all the blackberry functions (e-mail, internet ect.) but for the time being this will serve my purpose. I plan on using my phone for a file storage device and to make and recieve phone calls. Will I be able to do anything esle?
    I just wondered if any one else was doing something similar?
    Please e-mail at twosix26@wowway.com if you have done this.
    thanks,
    Ed
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

PIN
    wheel

Um, the titlebar says Verizon Wireless.

Page Plus is a small mobile telephony/bandwidth reseller out of Ohio.

You'd be better served checking out their Website. In the meantime, I think I might go ask about MetroPCS & Cricket details in the AT&T forums.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    938 Global Posts
    PIN
    Maybe...

Twins, isn't PP a sub of Verizon though?
    Have you hit SEARCH today?/

PIN
    wheel

They are an MVNO, or Mobile Virtual Network Provider. MVNOs don't own or construct any network infrastructure - instead, they resell network capacity of established carriers.

PagePlus does offer data connectivity - it isn't cheap, though.

CrackBerry Newbie

Default Page Plus internet

i have the pearl 8130 which i bought off some random dude on craigslist... its a verizon phone...

and guess what? i activated it and the internet works!!! i was told that was not going to happen because only the special page plus handsets had internet working... i have goosync and facebook connect!!! mms!!!

does anyone no am I going to be hated? i guess i might get charged but i don't see any charges so far on my minute from surfing in the last hour...

is this a fluke? will it be taken away from me at any minute??? i'm lovin it while it lasts!

PIN
    wheel

Quote Originally Posted by johndoe99 View Post
    i have the pearl 8130 which i bought off some random dude on craigslist... its a verizon phone...

and guess what? i activated it and the internet works!!! i was told that was not going to happen because only the special page plus handsets had internet working... i have goosync and facebook connect!!! mms!!!

does anyone no am I going to be hated? i guess i might get charged but i don't see any charges so far on my minute from surfing in the last hour...

is this a fluke? will it be taken away from me at any minute??? i'm lovin it while it lasts!
    It is not a fluke - Page Plus offers data connectivity. In fact, data is required for a BlackBerry to operate correctly & fully.

While the major carriers tend to require a data package, Page Plus doesn't seem to offer one, nor do they seem to offer any form of blocks - but data will be charged to you.

CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #7  

Default Keep me updated as to the charging by Page Plus

Johndoe99, That's great, let me know how it works out with the charging of minutes with Page Plus. Thanks for the info.
    CrackBerry Newbie

Default PagePlus offers data

PagePlus unlimited phone and texting plan provides 20MB of data each month. After that they charge $0.60 / MB (according to their website).

I'm interested in the plan and looking to get a smartphone without the expensive data plans the other carriers require (smartphone I'm looking at connects to internet via WiFi when available).

Although I don't think you can disable over the air functionality (to keep costs in check) the PP rep I talked to said if your account balance is zero then data will not work until you replenish. So..... if you replenish your account on the days needed to renew your plan each month it should be only $40 / month, right?

PP says not to count on Picture Mail or internet working if it's not one of their phones. She said Wifi also wouldn't work, but I didn't have a lot of confidence she understood what I was asking.
    CrackBerry Master

LOL.. A Blackberry on a Prepaid account. Drug dealers gotta keep up with their business...

Crack BIS
    Crack Calendar
    Crack Sync w/ Outlook
    Crack Memo Pad
    Crack BB Messenger

Oh wait - wouldn't this be considered a REAL CrackBerry?

Poor Prepaid customers - their accounts will be deflated in a day once that BB gets connected!

PIN
    wheel

Quote Originally Posted by tsguy52 View Post
    Poor Prepaid customers - their accounts will be deflated in a day once that BB gets connected!
    Considering I can nail down 20mb in an hoiur - yup.

And while flying on that Crack, it goes so much faster.

CrackBerry Newbie

hi guys, im a dealer in louisiana, and I sell page plus in my stores, and i notice when I activate a blackberry verizon/sprint on page plus it works but will not receive phone calls from certain numbers.. i was wondering if anybody had a clue why...

THNX
    CrackBerry Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by johndoe99 View Post

hi... was just wondering if you had any problems receiving phone calls from certain numbers, bc im a dealer in louisiana and when i activate customers on page plus with their bb they cant receive phone calls from one number
  13. b8b
    CrackBerry Newbie

Global Posts
    27 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by tsguy52 View Post
    Crack BIS
    Crack Calendar
    Crack Sync w/ Outlook
    Crack Memo Pad
    Crack BB Messenger
    So is this possible? Unclear answers all over the web. I am trying to get it to work with just email (IMAP with Gmail or push somehow). It's working for me, appears the BIS is working too, though I have read VZW will pull that over the weekend when the run their scripts for legit BIS accounts.
    Last edited by b8b; 10-19-2009 at 11:28 PM.
    CrackBerry Addict

PIN

I like how this is a obvious BS thread. Everyone posting in here has 1-2 posts and is obviously the same person.

PIN
    wheel

Just another attempt at free advertising for yet another two-bit MVNO.

16. b8b
    CrackBerry Newbie

Global Posts
    27 Global Posts

C'mon guys, I am just a n00b user, want a picture of my BB? how would it promote the carrier if my BB BIS service is going to get shut down. I'm just looking for some help. See my other posts.

PIN
    wheel

Quote Originally Posted by b8b View Post
    C'mon guys, I am just a n00b user, want a picture of my BB? how would it promote the carrier if my BB BIS service is going to get shut down. I'm just looking for some help. See my other posts.
    The sentiments, at least on my end, were directed toward the overall tone of the thread - not you in particular.

Regardless, this is the VZW forum - questions & assistance requests for getting devices to work on carriers other than VZW need to be in the correct forum - not here. There are forums for all major carriers, plus an "Other Carrier" forum. Page Plus would fall under Other.

CrackBerry Newbie

Any site that shows how to add internet to bb on pageplus?
    CrackBerry User

howardforums.com pape plus forum its in there
    CrackBerry Newbie

Dont believe the hype.. Pageplus is crap when it comes to BB's. Its works until VZ runs the script and see you using a BB on PP then you are shut down and restriced to only calls and text!
    CrackBerry Newbie

NOPE, it works.
    CrackBerry Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by kemille View Post
    Dont believe the hype.. Pageplus is crap when it comes to BB's. Its works until VZ runs the script and see you using a BB on PP then you are shut down and restriced to only calls and text!

That's mostly wrong.
    Pageplus doesn't pay for RIM server use so Verizon isn't going to let them piggyback on their access for free. So yes, they cut your *** off for freeloading. That doesn't mean you can't use a BB on it though. That's like saying you can't use a computer to access the internet without going through AOL.

You have to use a hacked up service book to use TCP/IP for data rather than going through BIS. You won't be able to use BBM but everything else that uses straight data rather than going through BIS-BES will run. So the web broswer, non BB push email, MS, and BB Maps are good to go

So as far as prepaid its a reasonable option to use a BB. You don't get that option using a Tmobile prepaid or Inpulse.

4shared.com/file/172478209/c8997640/Browser_via_TCP_and_BBMAPS_MMS.html
    Last edited by TCHSDrummer06; 12-14-2009 at 02:44 PM.
    CrackBerry Newbie

Getting Data To Work
    Note: When you enter mobilenumber-at-vzw3g.com,
    replace mobilenumber with you actual 10 digit mobile number.

You will need QPST 2.15
    Set it to use: Sur6300 BB
    Read from phone
    Open M.IP tab
    Edit profile 0
    NAI and Tethered NAI should be mobilenumber-at-vzw3g.com (replace mobilenumber with actual telephone number including area code)
    MN HA SPI should be 12C
    MN AAA SPI should be 2
    DMU Public Key ID should be 10
    Rev Tunnel Preferred checked
    Home Address is: 0.0.0.0
    Primary and Secondary HA address are both: 255.255.255.255
    click ok

click PPP Config tab
    click Um button
    Tethered NAI and User ID should be mobilenumber-at-vzw3g.com
    Password should be vzw
    check 1xEVDO >1x
    click AN button
    User ID should be mobilenumber-at-vzw3g.com

Click Write to phone
    ''Phone should restart''
    ----------------
    Enabling Blackberry Browser & Maps and MMS
    Enable the use of Blackberry Maps, MMS Transport, MMS Client

Use EDITED SERVICE BOOK, see above

Note: To enable Legacy mode, use the following methods (you must be in service books under advanced settings):

ALT S ALT B ALT E ALT B
    OR
    ALT S S ALT B ALT E ALT B
    To load Service Books On the Storm press and hold num button until it locks
    You will see the lock
    Then press 4?2?

It should show Legacy Enabled.

Open Blackberry Desktop Manager and click Backup and Restore
    Click Advanced
    Click File and select Open
    Choose the Service Book you downloaded above, click Open
    In Computer Databases section click Service Books and click the >> button
    When prompted select Yes
    You should now be using the modified Service Books

Global Posts
    10,172 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Paul10 View Post
    how do I get started with this. I have a blackberry tour using it with pageplus but 2 days ago data stop working.

I was told by CS from pageplus that Verizon did a sweep and found blackberry and block usage with pageplus. So now all I can do is text and talk
    It seems you have found your answer.

Global Posts
    10,172 Global Posts

To quote your own post "that Verizon did a sweep and found blackberry and block usage with pageplus. So now all I can do is text and talk"
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast