Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree1Likes
    CrackBerry Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by kbz1960 View Post
    Is everything really unlimited?
    Supposedly, only one week in. Talk and text is unlimited for $45. The data is also unlimited but is throttle around 2.5GB. I shut the pictures and javascript off as I was downloading all my apps.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    CrackBerry User

Quote Originally Posted by bigbob417 View Post
    Turns out, gotta leave the wifi off for the 3G data to function. Must be a Verizon-related thing, the Boost 9310 I bought works fine with the wifi left on. Still might end up with Boost, as Straight Talk blocks bridged internet on my Playbook.
    You probably need to delete and have them resend your service books be careful it could be complicated if you/straight talk don't know what they are doing.
    CrackBerry User

Why do you think you will be able to edit a service book for verizon to work on att if att data will block it as it not being a valid pin on their network for bis?
    Also any info if I can bring my own Verizon BB curve 8530 I dontunderstand why not unless they just wont activate a pin not in their data base for some reason.
    CrackBerry User

I purchased a Straight Talk BlackBerry today. I was able to activate it without a problem with the ST service while porting in a T-Mobile prepaid number. I created a new blackberry email address on the device. I also was able to find the BIS management page:
    https://bis.na.blackberry.com/html?brand=tw

Unfortunately, I haven't found a way to log into it yet. I posted in the BlackBerry community forums today for some assistance. So it looks like full BIS service will be available.
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    615 Global Posts

Im too happy with my 9780 GSM Berry. If they offered BYOB Id consider switching from Simple Mobile. T-mo coverage is not as good as ATT nor Verizon, but I love the 9780

Sent from my BlackBerry 9780 using Tapatalk
    CrackBerry Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by jeli2657 View Post
    I purchased a Straight Talk BlackBerry today. I was able to activate it without a problem with the ST service while porting in a T-Mobile prepaid number. I created a new blackberry email address on the device. I also was able to find the BIS management page:
    https://bis.na.blackberry.com/html?brand=tw
    It all works like when I had a Bold on VZW. But plus side is the battery life is doubled on Straight Talk using VZW towers. I think the batter last almost twice as long as the 9650 Bold.

Trapster and Gas Buddie work but Waze does not. Still waiting a response on the Waze forums.
    Last edited by Norm95; 05-19-2013 at 07:04 AM.
    CrackBerry Newbie

i have an unlocked (at&t) blackberry torch 9810 . . . will it work on the straight talk plan?
    CrackBerry Newbie

Default verizon

The blackberry curve 9310c uses verizon.
    CrackBerry User

I can confirm that the BIS with ST's BlackBerry Curve is indeed the full BIS. I'm even able to run BES Express on it as I could on any other BIS. The one problem I have is not being assigned or able to create a log-in for ST's BIS portal. Customer Service, as usual, is clueless.
    CrackBerry User

Thanks for the reply did you buy the phone from st direct or did you bring your own device?
    CrackBerry User

Quote Originally Posted by simcell View Post
    Thanks for the reply did you buy the phone from st direct or did you bring your own device?
    I bought this curve from ST. I didn't want to mess with APNs and all that jazz. Downloaded enterprise activation and activated it onto BES Express. The curve uses vzw's towers. So far so good.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12