Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default # of rings before VM (Bell)

I read that a Storm user had asked to Telus how to change the number of rings before the voice mail picked up and the answer was: It cannot be changed from the 3 rings.
    A call to Bell answered: (to change the number of rings from 3 -default- to 6, for instance):
    dial *946 ( along signal confirms the new setting for the VM to pick up after 6 rings).
    Hope this is helpful.
    CrackBerry User

PIN
    field reset

That is what I did to change the number of rings before vm and it worked like a charm!!
    CrackBerry Newbie

Woohoo It works like a charm tks for the info
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    226 Global Posts

Smile Works on 8830

Works for me as well with a Bell 8830WE.
    CrackBerry Addict

Awesome! Worked for me here, too.
    RED Torch Virgin Mobile, Storm (LyrHybrid.669v2) Rogers, unlocked HTC Desire, Macbook 10.6.5, Hackintosh desktop 10.5.6, JailBroken 16GB iPodTouch 1G, 16GB iPod Nano 4G , 8GB Jailbroken/unlocked iPhone 3G, Palm TX...... gadget queen!
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #6  

Default code list needed

Now can we make a list of same type of codes to be placed on our storm to personalize it better?
    CrackBerry Newbie

Default MTS Mobility

*946 Worked for MTS mobility Curve 8330
    CrackBerry User

Guys....

It doesn't have to be *946.... This code changes it from the default 3 rings to 6 rings before VM picks up... I've set mine up to 9 rings before VM picks up (*949)...
    --------------------------------------------
    Pentarus
    9800 / Playbook / Rogers
    CrackBerry User

Dial *94 followed by the number ring you want before voice mail initiates (it has to be between 2 and 9), then SEND/TALK.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,498 Global Posts
    PIN
    want it, pm me

Ya what thv said just becarefull not too put it too long cause some people won't think you have a voicemail then

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    CrackBerry User

PIN
    30f1f16e

Sorry to bump this thread but i talked to telus today and this is what they told me to do exactly. Now everytime i try it rings and says my call cannot be completed as dialed. i dialed *949 and hit talk. Am i doing something wrong?
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    117 Global Posts

Default This works on Telus

Quote Originally Posted by ashley5150 View Post
    Sorry to bump this thread but i talked to telus today and this is what they told me to do exactly. Now everytime i try it rings and says my call cannot be completed as dialed. i dialed *949 and hit talk. Am i doing something wrong?
    FYI - I had the same problem but with anything between 3 and 4 rings depending on the ring tone. The rep started by telling me that there was not a way to change the number of rings before voicemail picks up but then put me on hold and came back with the following

He had me dial *945. *94 for the code to change the feature and 5 for the number of rings. Well as it turns out that was the wrong information. It still rang 4 times. Go figure! Telus rep need I say more! Anyway I found another post on the this forum and tried *94 for the feature change and then 40 for the number of seconds i want it to ring before Voicemail picks up and now my Storm 2 rings 10 times not 4 and it takes exactly 40 seconds before it goes to voicemail.

So in a nutshell *94XX (XX for the number of seconds you would like your phone to ring for before it voicemail picks up) works like a charm on Telus.
    CrackBerry Newbie

I have curve 8330 and Sprint is my carrier. I can't seem to get it to ring more than 3 times before VM. Any ideas?????