Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    CrackBerry Abuser

Glad to hear it is working for some. I can't recomend downloading another carriers OS (can cause bigger problems later)
    The update is coming it has been approved and is being bundled by RIM (something caused a Service book to be pushed during that process) we just don't know the exact date still

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    CrackBerry Abuser

Quote Originally Posted by kwackerAlltelATS View Post
    Glad to hear it is working for some. I can't recomend downloading another carriers OS (can cause bigger problems later)
    The update is coming it has been approved and is being bundled by RIM (something caused a Service book to be pushed during that process) we just don't know the exact date still

glad to hear it's even closer to release. For me, I'll definitely put the official os on my phone. Until then, I'll enjoy using the MMS option I have now.

Will there be any features with the official os/mms, that we don't see by using another carriers os?
    CrackBerry Abuser

Not that I am aware of. Fixes include attachment download errors, HTML email views and MMS.
    Alltel's testing Dept has tried to be hush hush about it after all the problems/complaints we had after the Pearl's release (didn't want false hopes again).
    That is why even after recieving the release date I will not share it (I was wrong for 7 months due to recieving bad info)

CrackBerry Abuser

Yea, sharing release dates that aren't public only opens your own credibility if whichever company isn't able to follow through. I've had a lot of information in a lot of different areas (nothing related to cellular areas) and haven't ever leaked the slightest bit of information. There were times I would have been 100% correct because the info and the "other parties" were dead on with the release; then there were a few times that my info would have been off by as much as 5 months lol.
    CrackBerry User

PIN
    12345.. That's amazing! I've got the same combination on my luggage!

Haha in the real world that's a perfectly legit justification. However, on the internet here we all know that a forum reputation isn't worth that much, and knowing the possible fluidity of the release date, I don't think anyone would hold it against you if you were wrong, and if you were, who honestly cares?

CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    211 Global Posts

did rim pull it b/c it wasn't suppose to be out yet?? mine never worked, so i wish i had been patrolling the forums earlier to get it!
    CrackBerry User

PIN
    some random letters and numbers

Correct. RIM pulled it because it wasn't supposed to be released yet
    RIM Blackberry Tour 9630 - 4.7.1.40 Alltel
    CDMA and GSM makes me all tingly inside.
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    47 Global Posts

I just called tech support and they told me it should be fully functional within a week or so. :-D
    CrackBerry Abuser

Quote Originally Posted by maxer64 View Post
    Haha in the real world that's a perfectly legit justification. However, on the internet here we all know that a forum reputation isn't worth that much, and knowing the possible fluidity of the release date, I don't think anyone would hold it against you if you were wrong, and if you were, who honestly cares?

Glad I kept my mouth shut. Release date was supposed to be today.
    No BB 4.5 but we did get WM 6.1 finally

CrackBerry User

Glad I kept my mouth shut. Release date was supposed to be today.
    No BB 4.5 but we did get WM 6.1 finally

Ahhh...I love the phone calls saying "but it was working...and now it isn't..."

I'll do my best to never send one of these calls into your que kwacker, I promise.

I think you've been wise about not making a public speculation on when it'll be out...keep going with soon...and i, for one, can't wait until it is, so that the "1800 number guys" can stop getting a bad rep. We just convey what we're taught! I'm sure you feel the same Kwack!
    CrackBerry Abuser

Quote Originally Posted by starlaleann View Post
    Ahhh...I love the phone calls saying "but it was working...and now it isn't..."

I'll do my best to never send one of these calls into your que kwacker, I promise.

I think you've been wise about not making a public speculation on when it'll be out...keep going with soon...and i, for one, can't wait until it is, so that the "1800 number guys" can stop getting a bad rep. We just convey what we're taught! I'm sure you feel the same Kwack!
    Any call not making it into the queue is a goodthing (as long as misinformation is not what 'fixes' the problem ).
    Thank you for 'having our backs'.
    Soon is good and from what I've seen and heard we can hope soon will be sooner.
    I will post as soon as it is released for certain (as I am sure digi, kch, starla and everyone else will)

CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    649 Global Posts
    PIN
    I lost it

I'm sure we all have one window open on the load locations, and another here.

CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    300 Global Posts

I think something might be up soon cuz my browser is FAST this morning. I don't know if that is why but I am glad!

CrackBerry User

Any call not making it into the queue is a goodthing (as long as misinformation is not what 'fixes' the problem ).
    Thank you for 'having our backs'.
    Soon is good and from what I've seen and heard we can hope soon will be sooner.
    I will post as soon as it is released for certain (as I am sure digi, kch, starla and everyone else will)

Kwack could you message me? My pin is 3185f0ff. I want to talk to you about the beta you have

CrackBerry User

Could anyone mesage me to talk about getting a beta version? Pin # 3185f0ff. I'm not sure where to get it and I know you can't post it in the forums. Any help would be greatly appreciated

CrackBerry Abuser

Quote Originally Posted by outlawrider06 View Post
    Kwack could you message me? My pin is 3185f0ff. I want to talk to you about the beta you have

Guessing you have not read many of my posts.
    I will not supply information that is propritery, can cause harm to your BB, void your warranty or make my job and my peer's job harder.
    There is no true 'beta' available and the finalized version which has been approved by Alltel's testing department will be released eventually.
    No I will not give a date until it happens (I have given the wrong date too many times as I was misinformed by RIM for almost a year)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12