Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    CrackBerry Master

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Hybrid PRL from VZW

Apparently, there are hybrid PRLs available from VZW. Phone service at my residence has become pathetic since the "merger." On my first call to CS, I spoke with a rep who said she would call back on Thursday and give me an update...no call back. Next I spoke with a guy who actually generated a service order but said it could take up to 5 days for someone to get back to me...the situation had to be "investigated." I did receive a text with a case number. I also made a couple of trips into the VZW store and they were so busy they just blew me off, saying the systems had not been integrated yet and there was nothing they could do. I went back today after my phone kept dropping calls. No more Mr. Nice Guy. Fortunately, I ended up with a rep who knew the ropes and sincerely wanted to help. The end result is that he put in a request for a "Hybrid PRL" to be pushed to my Curve. The request can take 24 to 48 hours before the push comes through. Being the weekend, he said I might not have this until Tuesday morning. When (I am being optimistic) this push comes through and I test it out I will report back. I just checked and there is a short thread on the VZW page and there was a report of positive results. For those of us with signal issues there might be a solution without a switch.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Quote Originally Posted by tsguy52 View Post
    Yeah I saw this on an account today... When you call in it will say "Hybrid PRL special customer treatment" or something like that when we pull up your account.. and you can request to block the PRL or push it to the device.. pretty cool stuff!
    How do i get the new hybrid PRL?
    "My house has many rooms. I occupy but a few. The rest go unvisited."
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    11,431 Global Posts

There's a process a CS or Tech Support Rep has to complete in order to have your phone designated to receive the hybrid PRL, and remove your phone from future PRL pushes until such time the Alltel & VZW networks are completely combined and all the bugs are worked out. Once you get the hybrid PRL, if you *228 and update manually, the hybrid PRL will go away...
    Last edited by kch50428; 07-18-2009 at 12:56 PM.
    --
    Keith - kch50428@gmail.com
    BB9630TR
    CrackBerry Master

Thread AuthorThread Author   #4  

VZW rep said the same thing about *228 manual update. Is the hybrid a stopgap measure until the networks are successfully combined?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    646 Global Posts

I think it simply moves the alltel towers ahead of the verizon towers so if you *228 after getting it it will be overwritten.

forkup
    CrackBerry Addict

What is the PRL number?
    CrackBerry Addict

Quote Originally Posted by tsguy52 View Post
    I'll see if I can get you a number.. why do you need it? lol..

I am just curious what the hybrid prl number is.
    CrackBerry Master

Quote Originally Posted by ssanders2k7 View Post
    I am just curious what the hybrid prl number is.
    If you're in LR, then you need 40053 or is it 52... can't remember ha.. They update that like everyday it seems
    CrackBerry Addict

40053 is the hybrid prl? That sounds like a standard Alltel PRL

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    CrackBerry Master

No that's not a hybrid PRL.. but in LR that is what you should have since Verizon uses the Alltel SID of 208 mostly everywhere. Verizon has very few towers here.. Only certain areas should have a hybrid PRL.
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    646 Global Posts

Can someone pull it off their phone and post it please.

forkup
    CrackBerry Master

Thread AuthorThread Author   #12  

Default Hybrid PRL Update

Quote Originally Posted by forkup View Post
    Can someone pull it off their phone and post it please.

forkup
    The only hybrid PRL I have seen posted is 65025. This came from a post in the VZW forum. The hybrid I was supposed to get last night did not happen...no surprise. I am headed back to the VZW store after lunch today to see what's up. Also, it was my understanding from talking to the rep in the store last Friday that a hybrid PRL is created and pushed to a phone to deal with a specific situation.
    CrackBerry Addict

Does anyone know how to use QPST to put 40052 on here? idk how? and I really don't want to call Verizon, as they don't have a clue
    CrackBerry Master

Thread AuthorThread Author   #14  

I am going to leave out the long story and a lot of sarcastic commentary and just state that once again, conflicting info coming from VZW personnel. I live 7/10 of a mile from a VZW tower and since the new PRLs have been pushed to us my signal at home has been terrible with garbled conversations and dropped calls. VZW rep in the store to the rescue? WRONG! The VZW guys on this site have stated correctly (I think) that the Hybrid PRL is to move the Alltel towers ahead of the VZW towers. I needed the VZW tower pushed ahead of the Alltel tower and the retail rep said he could make it happen. WRONG! Projected rumored time (from retail store manager) for transition to be complete in my area?...August 1. We'll see... I heard some very good reports about areas (i.e. Jacksonville, FL) where the transition is complete and the service is awesome. Where I live, I'll believe it when I see it. I heard the total national transition would be completed by Christmas...but they weren't promising which Christmas.
    CrackBerry Master

Thread AuthorThread Author   #15  

They're gonna try it again. After my latest, almost daily, trip to my local VZW retail outlet, I was told there are new hybrid PRLs available for us former Alltel customers who are having communication issues with our devices. The new PRLs were issued yesterday, July 29, and from the activity in the store, it appears that they are gearing up to be able to deal with these issues at the retail level. They fill out the request on line and tell you that in 24 to 48 hours you should have the hybrid. The number is suppose to begin with a 6. The rep I spoke with today was a regional and seemed to know a little more about "the system." As stated before, once you have the hybrid on your device, you do not update with *228 or you lose the hybrid.

If I get this hybrid PRL I"ll post it. I'll also let you know if it works.
    CrackBerry User

I did the same visit to VZW today. I am a former alltel customer who went totally vzw on the day of the switchover -- new phones, new plans and HORRIBLE new reception at my house. Grrr. VZW used to have decent reception here before the switch started. (This is also my first BB of any kind)

After doing some research I went back in to the store today (and some wasted time on the phone with CS trying to get this done that way -- they pushed the hybrid to my phone and then had me *228 right after, overriding any pushed changes. wtf?) and asked in person for the hybrid.

I asked the rep what it did, exactly, and her answer was "I don't know, but everyone we have done it for sees an increase in service and no one has come back to complain."

Oh-kay. But, in any event, she was emphatic about not doing any *228 upgrade to roaming, as that will undo the pushed PRL.

Elsewhere on the web, I've seen the PRL for the hybrid listed --
    65025 - 65124 "Hybrid" PRL that prefers Alltel sites.

I've been watching my settings and so far, no change to the PRL yet.

When they do an OTA push, will it really just "show up" in my phone with no reset of any kind required? Hmmm.

I have two alltel towers within 3 miles of my house and no service here. Very frustrating.

libby (and hi, I'm new and have learned A LOT here !)
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    704 Global Posts
    PIN
    PULLED, NOW THROW YOUR GRENADE

For a lot of updates to push through you actually have to power cycle the phone. Sometimes if power cycling the phone doesn't work the VLR has to be deleted, which is something really only reps can do (at least easily anyways).

As for these Hybrid PRLs, I haven't heard too much about their success. I know you can pull up your entire PRL on most phones, sometimes even edit them. Its a programming thing.
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    646 Global Posts

Over the air prl updates do not require a reboot and yes you can use Qpst to put other prls on your phone manually, use Qxdm to get them off your phone and also edit them with Pst which is not the same as Qpst.

forkup
    CrackBerry Master

Thread AuthorThread Author   #19  

I got the impression from a North Florida regional rep yesterday that hybrid PRLs are being developed for different geographic locations. The PRL for my locale came out on July 29. Request to have it pushed to my phone was submitted July 30 with a note attached that this is the 3rd request. Also, I was told to leave my phone on all night. I've also been told new PRLs are not pushed on weekends and I might not get this until Tuesday morning. We'll see...
    CrackBerry User

Hmm -- Push came through last night on my phone and service at my house is now GREAT! Unfortunately, I am no longer hitting the booster in my office building. Sigh. They had told me that I'd still have access to the booster, since it always comes before the towers. Not. Double sigh.

Also, when they decided to put the PRL on all phones on the account it has affected the connectivity on my netbook. Triple sigh.

But, I just got off the phone with CS and we redid the activation on the netbook and it is now back to normal VZ signal in my office. Yay!

Apparently, the word from CS this morning is that they are working really hard to get the towers working properly together.
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    646 Global Posts

If anyone gets a hybrid prl from the greensboro, nc area I would appreciate it if they would post it here.

Thanks

forkup
    CrackBerry User

Called up last night and got approved to get a hybrid prl for my location (raleigh, NC). I will post code whenever it gets pushed to my device today or tomorrow.
    CrackBerry Master

Thread AuthorThread Author   #23  

Quote Originally Posted by fightoffyourdemons View Post
    Called up last night and got approved to get a hybrid prl for my location (raleigh, NC). I will post code whenever it gets pushed to my device today or tomorrow.
    Don't hold your breath. The request for my hybrid was just submitted for the 4th time. The latest attempt was a result of the rep calling me to see if the last request was successful. At least they followed up...
    CrackBerry User

I always talk to the same guy for any of my phone problems, been with him since i've had verizon and he always pulls through for me, so we will see.
    CrackBerry Newbie

I live in Greensboro, NC market and just called customer service and complained about signal quality and was told that I would be pushed the hybrid Prl within 24 to 28 hrs. I live in the far western edge of the marked in the Tyro - Churchland community.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast