Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 41
  1. big.daddy's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    560 Posts
    PIN
    BBM me for it
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

    Default how do i change the browser home page?

    can this be done on an alltel blackberry? i have tried using tips in the other parts of the forum such as; starting the browser, going to a desired page -->menu -->general config --> then i scroll down to the bottom and i cannot change the webpage. can anyone help me with this?
  2. pltaylor's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

    Posts
    6,663 Posts
    Global Posts
    6,667 Global Posts
    PIN
    25DCE56E
    #2  

    Default

    Open browser>menu>browser config> at the bottom enter it manually or if you are on the page you want select use current. Then be sure to hit menu SAVE.
    Southern By Latitude, Gentleman By Attitude!
    ~I LOVE THE SMELL OF CRACKBERRY IN THE MORNING~
    BlackBerry 101
    PLEASE VISIT
    Save the Internet
  3. big.daddy's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    560 Posts
    PIN
    BBM me for it
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  

    Default

    nah, it wont work for me. i can go to a different page and then go to options and browser config and change all the information but i cannot change anything from the home page using the same method, as soon as i exit the web browser(after changing information while on a different page) the browser goes back to the blackberry home page. any other suggestions?
  4. outlaw644's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    176 Posts
    PIN
    ask
    #4  

    Default

    While in browser configuration. Change the start page option to home page. Then set your homepage by pressing the use current. Then hit your menu key and save options. Worked for me. Hope it does for you. ;-)

    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
  5. big.daddy's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    560 Posts
    PIN
    BBM me for it
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #5  

    Default

    i have tried a dozen time to different pages and it dont work for me. i think the blackberry startup page is hard wired in to this thing somehow. thanks for the help anyway.
  6. atlas9171's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    225 Posts
    Global Posts
    481 Global Posts
    PIN
    ask if you really want to know
    #6  

    Default

    In the browser config you have to change the Start Page option to Home Page and change the Home Page Address to whatever it is that you want it to be...It works I just did it.
    Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son.
  7. atlas9171's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    225 Posts
    Global Posts
    481 Global Posts
    PIN
    ask if you really want to know
    #7  

    Default

    Oh and obviously you have to Save Options
    Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son.
  8. hyothesian's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    28 Posts
    #8  

    Default

    I have the same problem. Since I upgraded to the 4.5 OS, the browser home page always reverts to mobile.blackberry.com regardless of settings I change and save in browser configuration.
  9. big.daddy's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    560 Posts
    PIN
    BBM me for it
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #9  

    Default

    at least its not just me!
  10. Mandas's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    113 Posts
    #10  

    Default

    Since I upgraded to 4.5, I can't even get an option to change it under "browser configuration." I go to the bottom of the screen to "home page address" and I can't delete or clear the pre-set mobile.blackberry.com.

    Every time I use my browser, I have to click the menu button and then "go to" to get my search page.

    Oh well, I just thought it was a small price to pay for having MMS. I LOVE being able to send pics now.
    Mandas
  11. tmv112's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    305 Posts
    #11  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by big.daddy View Post
    can this be done on an alltel blackberry? i have tried using tips in the other parts of the forum such as; starting the browser, going to a desired page -->menu -->general config --> then i scroll down to the bottom and i cannot change the webpage. can anyone help me with this?
    it's in your internet options, browser config, then scroll down and you can change it, then just hit save.
  12. hyothesian's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    28 Posts
    #12  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mandas View Post
    Every time I use my browser, I have to click the menu button and then "go to" to get my search page.
    I can save you one keystroke--just hit the g key rather than open the menu. It will also get you to the bookmarks/search page.
  13. Mandas's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    113 Posts
    #13  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hyothesian View Post
    I can save you one keystroke--just hit the g key rather than open the menu. It will also get you to the bookmarks/search page.
    Hey thanks!! I just tried it and it's a great shortcut! I'll be using it quite a bit!
    Mandas
  14. i_hiker's Avatar
    CrackBerry Master

    Posts
    1,316 Posts
    #14  

    Default

    The browser can be successfully changed. It took a little perserverance but I finally managed to get the browser changed in my Curve, and made it stick. My first step was to go into the browser and then into google. Then menu>options>browser config. I have everything checked off except Support JavaScript. I scrolled down to the bottom and clicked on Use Current. I believe as you back out you are prompted to Save. Other setting are as follows - Show Images: On WML & HTML Pages. Emilation Mode: Blackberry. Start Page: Start Page. Default Search Provider: (should say) Google. Home Page Address: about: start. These are the settings I am running and my browser button goes straight to the Internet Browser every time I hit it. I have no connectivity issues.

    If the above steps do not work there is an additional process to add to the above. As soon as you save the Browser Configuration, go directly to General Properties. Change the Default Font Size to any number. Close the browser by clicking options>close but do not use back button to close. You can go back in later and change the font size to whatever you want. I got this last step from another thread dealing with this same issue. Of course I've also done batt pulls and sent service book that could have added to the fix. Good Luck
  15. MsDarkDiva's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    32 Posts
    #15  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by i_hiker View Post
    Good Luck
    OMG! i_hiker, let me take my very first post on Crackberry to say THANK-YOU! I've been looking everywhere for a solution to this for MONTHS and you have given it to me. I followed your instructions and it worked like a charm! Finally... I have Google as my homepage, instead of that mobile.blackberry.com crap!
  16. big.daddy's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    560 Posts
    PIN
    BBM me for it
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #16  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by i_hiker View Post
    The browser can be successfully changed. It took a little perserverance but I finally managed to get the browser changed in my Curve, and made it stick. My first step was to go into the browser and then into google. Then menu>options>browser config. I have everything checked off except Support JavaScript. I scrolled down to the bottom and clicked on Use Current. I believe as you back out you are prompted to Save. Other setting are as follows - Show Images: On WML & HTML Pages. Emilation Mode: Blackberry. Start Page: Start Page. Default Search Provider: (should say) Google. Home Page Address: about: start. These are the settings I am running and my browser button goes straight to the Internet Browser every time I hit it. I have no connectivity issues.

    If the above steps do not work there is an additional process to add to the above. As soon as you save the Browser Configuration, go directly to General Properties. Change the Default Font Size to any number. Close the browser by clicking options>close but do not use back button to close. You can go back in later and change the font size to whatever you want. I got this last step from another thread dealing with this same issue. Of course I've also done batt pulls and sent service book that could have added to the fix. Good Luck
    you are a lifesaver. following your instructions, i finally got this working. THANKS!
  17. roadwarrior69's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    378 Posts
    Global Posts
    386 Global Posts
    #17  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by big.daddy View Post
    you are a lifesaver. following your instructions, i finally got this working. THANKS!
    You rock! I've spent two days scewing around with setting my default home page.

    I did notice that if you remove an app, it goes back it original default home page, but your steps worked to reset the defualt HP to google, as I want it!

    Very helpful tip!

    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by roadwarrior69; 02-22-2009 at 09:06 PM.
  18. Ter1990's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    320 Posts
    Global Posts
    522 Global Posts
    #18  

    Default

    Still isn't working for me.
    Opened browser to google and changed options as stated. No java script, then my options show up as noted in instructions. I back out and save with homepage set to google. But when I open the browser again, all my settings go back. I also tried changing the font and hittin menu>save options and changing it all over again. It looks like it sticks until I close my browser but it still isn't working.

    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
  19. big.daddy's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    560 Posts
    PIN
    BBM me for it
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #19  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ter1990 View Post
    Still isn't working for me.
    Opened browser to google and changed options as stated. No java script, then my options show up as noted in instructions. I back out and save with homepage set to google. But when I open the browser again, all my settings go back. I also tried changing the font and hittin menu>save options and changing it all over again. It looks like it sticks until I close my browser but it still isn't working.

    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    after you change the home page to google you need to hit the menu button and save changes, then go into the general properties (right under the browser config.) and change the text size to anything and then hit the menu button and save changes. then it should stick. i know it seems pretty messed up but it works.
  20. i_hiker's Avatar
    CrackBerry Master

    Posts
    1,316 Posts
    #20  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ter1990 View Post
    Still isn't working for me.
    Opened browser to google and changed options as stated. No java script, then my options show up as noted in instructions. I back out and save with homepage set to google. But when I open the browser again, all my settings go back. I also tried changing the font and hittin menu>save options and changing it all over again. It looks like it sticks until I close my browser but it still isn't working.

    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Did you click on "Use Current" when you got down to the bottom of Browser Config?
  21. Ter1990's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    320 Posts
    Global Posts
    522 Global Posts
    #21  

    Default

    I have to change the font first or the options to change the homepage won't show up. And I did click on use current. I also save the changes with the menu key. It all looks fine until I go out of the browser (menu>close) and open the browser back up. The first few times I did it, when I opened the browser, it was still on the same old BB page, but when I went to look at settings it still had google set. Tried a reboot, and now when I close and reopen the browser, the settings all go back to default.

    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
  22. Ter1990's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    320 Posts
    Global Posts
    522 Global Posts
    #22  

    Default

    Ok. So I went back thru all the steps and still didn't work. So I did it again as above ( changed font first so I had the options availabe to set homepage) then changed font AFTER also. Saved everything. Rebooted. Still showed changes but stuck on the same page (BB start page). So iwent in and changed the font AGAIN and voila. Now its working. Thanks

    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
  23. SenorLoco's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    78 Posts
    Global Posts
    80 Global Posts
    #23  

    Default

    Another option would be to delete the Blackberry HELP! service book.

    Options -> Advanced Options -> Service book and delete 'Blackberry HELP! [BrowserConfig]'

    The only downside I've found to this is every time you pull the battery or reset the phone that service book will return and you'll have to go back and delete it. But on the plus side you shouldn't have to re-set your homepage settings. Hope this helps.
  24. i_hiker's Avatar
    CrackBerry Master

    Posts
    1,316 Posts
    #24  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by i_hiker View Post
    The browser can be successfully changed. It took a little perserverance but I finally managed to get the browser changed in my Curve, and made it stick. My first step was to go into the browser and then into google. Then menu>options>browser config. I have everything checked off except Support JavaScript. I scrolled down to the bottom and clicked on Use Current. I believe as you back out you are prompted to Save. Other setting are as follows - Show Images: On WML & HTML Pages. Emilation Mode: Blackberry. Start Page: Start Page. Default Search Provider: (should say) Google. Home Page Address: about: start. These are the settings I am running and my browser button goes straight to the Internet Browser every time I hit it. I have no connectivity issues.

    If the above steps do not work there is an additional process to add to the above. As soon as you save the Browser Configuration, go directly to General Properties. Change the Default Font Size to any number. Close the browser by clicking options>close but do not use back button to close. You can go back in later and change the font size to whatever you want. I got this last step from another thread dealing with this same issue. Of course I've also done batt pulls and sent service book that could have added to the fix. Good Luck
    Has anyone successfully used this fix with OS .127?
  25. ladymeggs's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    178 Posts
    PIN
    k Ribbon Awareness
    #25  

    Default

    I have OS .131 and since then my home page defaults to the bb standard. I have tried everything suggested here and nothing works.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions