Well then the folks who brought us the rock solid Windows Vista and the ever popular Windows ME now let us know that their mobile OS windows 7 might be delayed until 2009, maybe even 2010. And we all know how much better their products are when they've delayed it several years.

Windows Mobile 7 phone release now seriously delayed — could be as late as 2010 � VentureBeat
    09-27-08 08:33 PM
    Let the wars begin. This should definitely fall in favor of RIM.
    09-27-08 09:32 PM
    I just switched back to a Windows phone. Sorta sad to hear about WM7 but with the ability to 'cook' or enchance ROMs on the WM OS, I'm not really bummed about the announcement.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-30-08 01:41 PM
    Yup, with Microsoft, delays almost always equals bloatware.

What makes it more worrying is that they are probably building an 'iPhone killer' OS so, as Jayden0606 says, "This should definitely fall in favor of RIM. "
    09-30-08 01:54 PM
    Yup, with Microsoft, delays almost always equals bloatware.

What makes it more worrying is that they are probably building an 'iPhone killer' OS so, as Jayden0606 says, "This should definitely fall in favor of RIM. "
    IMO, this is probably true. I bet MS is starting to notice that BBs and iPhones are successful because of the ease of use of the menus. Not much clicking to get to certain aspects of the phone. It's dummy proof! Windows mobile, Lol. I consider myself a pro knowledge wise and in the ability to learn quick, but for the love of butter, I could never find apps I would install.
    09-30-08 08:54 PM
    well i dont see a need for the wm7.
    6.1 was just released, and it is by far the best wmo ever!
    i had wm5, 6, and 6.1
    the new 800w with 6.1 is the best winmo phone i have ever owned
    10-03-08 09:03 PM
    i had wm5, 6, and 6.1
    Well... I think 7 will be more noob friendly. Like the iPhone and Blackberry UI. This is a guesstimate, but that is one big difference between the upcoming success with the companies.
    10-04-08 01:33 PM
    I love that you guys just completely count Android out... I'm betting that Android is going to have a huge splash in the market once some user made apps start really rolling out.
    10-05-08 07:15 PM
    I love that you guys just completely count Android out... I'm betting that Android is going to have a huge splash in the market once some user made apps start really rolling out.
    So it's been a few months... where's the splash?
    12-17-08 10:50 PM
    i had wm5, 6, and 6.1

My phone was updated with 6.1 and I had more problems with after the update than before (and let's just say before, I had to get it replace before the end of 3 months). I have a Q and I am not impressed by Windows...well at least on my phone. Seems to do just fine on my laptop
    12-20-08 12:35 PM
    So it's been a few months... where's the splash?
    You're joking right? All the sites that have reviewed it, review it very highly. I've seen it on primetime news... I hear about a lot of people wanting it. There are currently people working on finding a way to load Android on WinMo phones... The splash has been bigger than I thought with at least my circle of friends. Don't forget that there is still only one phone and it's on a network with poor 3g coverage (the biggest reason I hear people saying they won't get it yet). If you're looking for a bigger splash I'd say wait till about summer next year. Lots of phone companies are currently working on Android phones. They're scheduled to be some coming out Q1/Q2 next year.
    12-25-08 08:12 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD