If this rumor is to believed it, it looks like Dash owners will enjoy another full month of exclusivity. Pocketnow is reporting that "an industry source" informed them that Cingular's Samsung Blackjack smartphone won't be receiving the Windows Mobile treatment until June. It's anyone's guess as to why the updates are taking so long, as the software has clearly been ready and available for quite some time now. Without, ah hem, pointing fingers, we can only assume that this is a carrier-side issue, as it's been clear from the jump that upgrade availability would depend entirely on the willingness, or lack thereof, of the Windows Mobile software. All we can do is hope that the delay means that Samsung is working hard to include a version of the uber-slick Carousel home screen interface that they're currently including on the European version of the i600...

'compliments of Boy Genius!'
    05-07-07 08:14 PM
    Has anyone using windows os heard anything new about windows 6 and when it is supposed to be available for the blackjack on at&t?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-17-07 01:38 AM
    Haven't heard a thing ATT gave me a blackjack and i would like to update it to WM6
    09-19-07 11:04 AM
    h t t p://ars.samsung.com/customer/usa/jsp/faqs/faqs_view.jsp?SITE_ID=22&PG_ID=557&PROD_SUB_ID=558 &PROD_ID=751&AT_ID=83176

There you go..and only about six months late...way to go AT&T!

--DB
    01-28-08 07:10 AM
    Does anyone have the 'Samsung Jack' from Rogers? (assuming this isn't the 2nd version) It lists WM6 as the OS.
    02-06-08 10:25 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD