Android apps will run on Windows 8 OS...Duh RIM why didn't you think about this instead of converting android apps to .bar.

BlueStacks App Player bringing over 400,000 Android apps to Windows 8 | MobileSyrup.com
    01-10-12 07:55 AM
    Wrong forum and wrong assumption? duh?
    01-10-12 07:59 AM
    Why would they want to do that? No one will write native apps. Windows might as well just run android. I expect to see a lot of post like this, or is it different since it is not RIM?

I guess MS or Bluestacks thought RIM had a good idea.
    01-10-12 08:16 AM
    Hopefully developers will run native applications as they will run much smoother and better.
    05-16-12 06:55 PM
    My experience is that the native apps run much better without crashing than the converted Android apps. I will always take a native app over an Android app if available.
    05-16-12 07:40 PM
    Wow! The announced Win8 tab looks excellent. Thin and has a nice wedge style. One thing I prefer in a tab is the dock connecter on a long side (landscape oriented) and the Win8 tab not only has it, it is copying from the Playbook with a magnetic connector. That "Smart cover" in ingenious, too. Using it as a keyboard as well as cover is efficient...if it works well enough.

Now all MS has to do is price it right, make sure of sufficient storage space and they might have a winner. However, after having said that, MS has been on a minimal-memory bent since WP7 was launched. They have indicated they want the "cloud" to be a means of storage for their devices, so it is unlikely they will push higher-storage tabs. Too bad. That's one big reason I won't switch from my Samsung Focus to one of the newer ones...the Focus S, Focus Flash or the newest Focus 2. I can go up to 40GB with my current Focus by simply resetting the system with a 32GB card. That isn't possible with the newer hardware. There is no card slot and the onboard memory is limited to a maximum of 16GB. Every time I tell myself I would like to upgrade my Focus to one with a front camera and better hardware, I always remember the limited memory and back away from it.
    06-18-12 09:33 PM
    Wow! The announced Win8 tab looks excellent. Thin and has a nice wedge style. One thing I prefer in a tab is the dock connecter on a long side (landscape oriented) and the Win8 tab not only has it, it is copying from the Playbook with a magnetic connector. That "Smart cover" in ingenious, too. Using it as a keyboard as well as cover is efficient...if it works well enough.

Now all MS has to do is price it right, make sure of sufficient storage space and they might have a winner. However, after having said that, MS has been on a minimal-memory bent since WP7 was launched. They have indicated they want the "cloud" to be a means of storage for their devices, so it is unlikely they will push higher-storage tabs. Too bad. That's one big reason I won't switch from my Samsung Focus to one of the newer ones...the Focus S, Focus Flash or the newest Focus 2. I can go up to 40GB with my current Focus by simply resetting the system with a 32GB card. That isn't possible with the newer hardware. There is no card slot and the onboard memory is limited to a maximum of 16GB. Every time I tell myself I would like to upgrade my Focus to one with a front camera and better hardware, I always remember the limited memory and back away from it.

Looks pretty sweet to me. Storage options are 32GB and 64GB according to MS. 128GB would have been nice, but still. And I like the idea of smartphone, tab, and PC all running variations of the same OS. Although I'm still trying to get into the Windows 8/Metro consumer preview on one of my PCs. After several months, I'm still just clicking through to the old desktop -- a lot of stuff is tied too tightly to MS accounts (i.e., my old Hotmail account, which I don't really have linked to anything).
    06-19-12 06:45 AM
    Click to view quoted image

Looks pretty sweet to me. Storage options are 32GB and 64GB according to MS. 128GB would have been nice, but still. And I like the idea of smartphone, tab, and PC all running variations of the same OS. Although I'm still trying to get into the Windows 8/Metro consumer preview on one of my PCs. After several months, I'm still just clicking through to the old desktop -- a lot of stuff is tied too tightly to MS accounts (i.e., my old Hotmail account, which I don't really have linked to anything).
    If you have the consumer preview installed, you should upgrade to the release preview.
    06-19-12 07:39 AM
    If you have the consumer preview installed, you should upgrade to the release preview.
    Actually, I think I have it -- there was an upgrade sent to my machine last week.
    06-19-12 09:10 AM
    If i have the money, I will buy that Surface tab for $300 or maybe even $400. Or maybe even pick up the Intel version. the rumours of it going for $200 have gotten me really excited

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    08-27-12 07:28 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD