ok, so im bored of blackberrys, they are great but not for me, im a tweaker/hacker/uber-nerd/whatever you wanna call it and blackberrys just dont appeal to me anymore. i was gonna get the sprint HTC touch pro and hack it to work on verizon, but i just looked at my account and realized that i have an upgrade coming up in august. so my question to you guys is..is there and touch screen w/QWERTY keyboard phones coming out between now and august worth waiting for(on verizon or sprint)
    02-06-09 11:42 AM
    The Palm Pre for Sprint is coming out in a few months. That will be running Palm's new WebOS and have a full keyboard plus a touch screen as well. As far as I know, I dont think Verizon has anything coming out but I could be wrong.

Check out the Palm Pre at Palm's website

Eric
    02-15-09 10:37 AM
    Touchscreen phone with removable qwerty keyboard. Also will have game attachment and supposedly speakers. I got it last week. 3 home screens--contacts, tools, media (web bookmarks). Only 2MP camera, but who cares. Pretty good accelerometer. Good web browsing. I even upgraded to premium to get mobile email (haven't set up yet). Got visual voice mail, too, as extra. Touchscreen is pretty good, getting used to it. Learned how to scroll better. Without the qwerty kb, it's like a dare--really thin. HTML websites i've tried run pretty well--I'm sure not all will. Sub'ed a 4GB memory card for the Bluetooth adapter in the accessory bundle. Works well in BMW w/ Bluetooth. Good call quality so far. qwerty case, unfortunately, is fake brown grain leather. Hope they come out with something silver/grey/black and smooth; I can just buy an extra. Already bought an extra back to leave in the car so I don't have to use the case.

Not an iphone as far as cool apps and user interface, but good enough for me since my family's on Verizon and my wife loves her env. I'm also not a big emailer, wanted a qwerty/virtual kb for texting--not that I do that a lot either.
    03-18-09 11:36 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD