I have not got the wife to see the light of BB, so she had me order the SMT5800 for her last night ( I thought my computer was going the shut down ordering something other than a BB)

Anyway, has anyone here used this phone and your thoughts on it.

She does not use the Data on the phone, likes the keyboard, calendar and a few other things that goes along with it.
    07-31-08 04:39 AM
    I haven't used it, but it looks a bit thick from the website. It most like not, but it looks like it.
    08-03-08 09:58 PM
    I used to own one, but I missed having a touch screen. I was really happy with that phone though. It isn't bad in size at all and is one of those phones that actually feels good holding in your hand when you're on the phone for a while. The call quality on it is really good and the ear piece is plenty loud (rare for a HTC phone). The only real complaint I had was the slider could be a bit on the lose side, but I found the screws under the battery door could be tightened a bit that really helped that issue out.
    08-03-08 11:13 PM
    that phone is garbage, plain and simple. it has the highest return rate of all pdas vzw sells. if you want a better windows based pda, look into the samsung i760 or even the 6900

i know this cause i work for vzw lol
    08-05-08 12:23 AM
    that phone is garbage, plain and simple. it has the highest return rate of all pdas vzw sells. if you want a better windows based pda, look into the samsung i760 or even the 6900

I bet you anything people are returning them because of the slider. It has always been the biggest complaint I've seen with new owners of the phone. I wouldn't agree with you at all that it is garbage though.
    08-05-08 02:18 AM

I work for vzw too and can tell u the i760 sucks!! The 6900 has issues too it likes to power cycle maybe the 6800??

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-05-08 03:02 AM
    I work for vzw too and can tell u the i760 sucks!! The 6900 has issues too it likes to power cycle maybe the 6800??

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Oh come on, you're just coming in here spewing out nothing but your bias to Windows Mobile devices and besides, they have nothing to do with this discussion.

And fyi, I've owned all three of those phones and have been apart of massive communities for them online. Those phones are all more than fine and tons of people will tell you so. If the 6800 and 6900 were so buggy than they wouldn't have the massive hacking scene that they have. In fact, those two HTC phones have the largest hacking community for any CDMA devices. If you don't like the stock ROM from Verizon, than just unlock the phone and installed a cooked ROM which will also get you EVDO Rev. A and full GPS unlocked.
    08-05-08 03:47 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD