Hi..I'm newbie to the upgrading of Windows Mobile OS.
    I've recently been a BB owner n own xda O2 mini as well. Which runs on the WM 2003 SE OS.. Wonder anyone mind sharing any guides regarding upgrading my old OS to the newer version?say like WM 6 or 5? Which OS appropriate, where to get it..I've read somewhere else that u can do the upgrade using flash or something..what does that mean? Anyone mind posting a link to the guide and the recommended OS? Would prefer WM 6 though..thx a lot!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-16-09 11:55 PM
    Ok well if you go to ppcgeeks.com or xda-developers.com .. Depending on the pocket pc you can flash custom roms basicly just like what we do upgrading our blackberry with beta OS.. Also keep in mind not every windows phone can be upgraded to winmo 6 or 6.1...check xda-developers they have a list of smartphones that can be upgraded and they also have a lot of custom made roms.. The main thing your gonna need is windows mobile device center aka Activesync...I've owned many winmo phones any questions just pm or reply..by the way if your phone is compatible to upgrade. ( Flashing gets addicting)

Last edited by jsanta11; 06-17-09 at 02:19 AM.
    06-17-09 02:17 AM
    Ok well if you go to ppcgeeks.com or xda-developers.com .. Depending on the pocket pc you can flash custom roms basicly just like what we do upgrading our blackberry with beta OS.. Also keep in mind not every windows phone can be upgraded to winmo 6 or 6.1...check xda-developers they have a list of smartphones that can be upgraded and they also have a lot of custom made roms.. The main thing your gonna need is windows mobile device center aka Activesync...I've owned many winmo phones any questions just pm or reply..by the way if your phone is compatible to upgrade. ( Flashing gets addicting)

Wow.. Seems ur very expert at this jsanta11 thx for the info..I own an o2 mini..can It be upgraded? N based on ur experience,have u ever had some problem upgrading?like crash or something?I'm new to this upgrade stuff.thought would never be able to experience newer OS than 2003 SE.. kinda excited..

06-17-09 09:13 AM
    Three things you need to succesfully flash a rom is ( Hard Spl,Battery over 50% charged, Activesync)..If am correct you can upgrade your phone ...Here is the link on how to flash your phone and also it will tell you everything you need.. (How to flash a new ROM to your Wizard... a little tutorial! - xda-developers far as crashing yes it happens but with every rom made theres a log of the bugs it has and also fixes with those bugs.( some have, some dont)..I've had many problems upgrading but to recover the phone its simple the same program that you use to flash the new rom will tell you step by step how to recover phone if a problem happens automaticily.. I googled your phone and it said to be Functionally identical to Qtek S100, i-mate JAM and T-Mobile MDA Compact. So in the wizard thread you will find roms and programs for it..Have Fun.
    06-17-09 11:07 AM
    Three things you need to succesfully flash a rom is ( Hard Spl,Battery over 50% charged, Activesync)..If am correct you can upgrade your phone ...Here is the link on how to flash your phone and also it will tell you everything you need.. (How to flash a new ROM to your Wizard... a little tutorial! - xda-developers far as crashing yes it happens but with every rom made theres a log of the bugs it has and also fixes with those bugs.( some have, some dont)..I've had many problems upgrading but to recover the phone its simple the same program that you use to flash the new rom will tell you step by step how to recover phone if a problem happens automaticily.. I googled your phone and it said to be Functionally identical to Qtek S100, i-mate JAM and T-Mobile MDA Compact. So in the wizard thread you will find roms and programs for it..Have Fun.
    Cool!!thx for the great help jsanta11..thx!

06-17-09 10:59 PM
    Upgrading your windows mobile phone is typically a very easy process. The short answer is that you need to go to your carriers web site or call tech support and verify your current version and then understand your current options for upgrade. This will also help keep your warranty in tact as well.
    06-29-09 12:16 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD