Are you able to send an email from your email account?
    Yes you can, in addition you can sync ALL your mail folders and have access to them on your phone. This was a surprising limitation of the blackberry to me since they are known to be King of emails.
    09-25-09 04:22 AM
    I was out on the Verizon website and I was reading reviews of the TP2. A complaint that came up several times was the location of the sleep button and how people keep hitting it by accident while they were typing and they lose what was entered. Where is the sleep button?
    09-27-09 02:44 PM
    I was out on the Verizon website and I was reading reviews of the TP2. A complaint that came up several times was the location of the sleep button and how people keep hitting it by accident while they were typing and they lose what was entered. Where is the sleep button?
    Its at the very top of the phone just like Blackberry phones. Ive never had this issue.
    09-27-09 07:41 PM
    Agreed but its just not as polished as on a BB..Take yahoo mes. its nothing like it is on a BB...The email coming from my yahoo and gmail account i can deal with..I guess my biggest gripe is the Touch Flow 3D on this phone just isn't as responsive as i thought it should be...It just doesn't flow 4 me.
    Maybe it was sluggish because u have to clean out
    the memory from time to time. How was it as an Mp3 player?
    Thanks
    09-27-09 10:59 PM
    Was the screen as wide as the Storms?
    Thanks
    09-27-09 11:02 PM
    So Im also coming from a Storm...had it since the day you could preorder them..meaning i got the worst batch lol, anyways Im really leaning towards this phone just curious of a few apps that I use daily on my bb such as is there a good Twitter app, Myspace, yahooGo? I know about the gmail app and everything but I use to have a MotoQ and I had GO on there and it was pretty coo for email, news and weather. The things that I love about my BB are the exclusive BBM, Camera+Vid, and ofcourse the emailing client. Will I be losing out on much by switching other than the BBM? Ofcourse Ive had my eye on the Storm2 but I heard about this phone yesterday and have been researching and watching videos all day and Im fairly impressed.
    09-30-09 11:00 PM
    So Im also coming from a Storm...had it since the day you could preorder them..meaning i got the worst batch lol, anyways Im really leaning towards this phone just curious of a few apps that I use daily on my bb such as is there a good Twitter app, Myspace, yahooGo? I know about the gmail app and everything but I use to have a MotoQ and I had GO on there and it was pretty coo for email, news and weather. The things that I love about my BB are the exclusive BBM, Camera+Vid, and ofcourse the emailing client. Will I be losing out on much by switching other than the BBM? Ofcourse Ive had my eye on the Storm2 but I heard about this phone yesterday and have been researching and watching videos all day and Im fairly impressed.
    To be honest with you BBM is the only thing i miss from the BB, for email you can use SEVEN Beta and have them pushed to your phone just like on a BB. The Touch Pro 2 technology wise is easily ahead of any blackberry to date and specs on the storm 2. However what you would have to determine for yourself is if overall communication (BBM, emails, sms, pin messages) is what you need. No phone out right now can compare to the blackberry in that regard. While i love my Touch Pro 2, i still miss that aspect of the blackberry. One other thing to add to the list of pros you might have been reading about the TP2, the wifi on there can be used as a hotspot meaning you can use your phone to give internet access to say an ipod touch, home computer another phone. This is something that i needed and was never able to do on my bold even though it had wifi. But the communication of a BB is sorely missed and i will prob add another BB to my collection soon, storm 2 maybe.
    09-30-09 11:43 PM
    Champtionart, I notice that you have several phones and talk about possibly getting the Storm 2. How do you use your phones? Do you switch phones daily, weekly? If so, how do you switch back and forth for service? If this is easily possible then I would not mind switching back and forth between my current Storm and pending TP2 purchase.
    09-30-09 11:51 PM
    Champtionart, I notice that you have several phones and talk about possibly getting the Storm 2. How do you use your phones? Do you switch phones daily, weekly? If so, how do you switch back and forth for service? If this is easily possible then I would not mind switching back and forth between my current Storm and pending TP2 purchase.
    Well i'm a Gadgethead and Phonefiend lol, currently there isn't one phone that gives me everything i need so i am constantly chasing that high depending on what mood i'm in, sometimes daily or sometimes weekly. With AT&T or any Gsm carrier you can simply take out the sim and put it in another phone. With Sprint you can go online and manually switch to a different phone yourself except if its a blackberry. When switching to a blackberry to get the full capabilities of the blackberry you have to call a sprint rep. I'm not sure how it is on Verizon i'm gonna have to do some research but i would guess you can call a rep and have them do it. If i do decide to get the Storm though i'd probably move over altogether with Verizon and get the TP2 along with the Storm 2 over there. If Sprint had the Storm 2 coming i'd be in phone heaven.
    10-01-09 12:04 AM
    The TP2 looks lime a great devicE. I uses to have the HTC Tilt a couple of years back. I chose the Tilt over the first generation iPhone (that was a bad choice). But I was impressed with the device. My only gripe was the hardware. From what the OP said, it looks like the hardware has been fixed. It would be hard to go back to the windowsmobile lag, but the device looks really cool. Just needs a 3.5mm headphone Jack.
    10-20-09 08:34 PM
    The TP2s that have been released in the last few months all have the 3.5mm headphone jack.
    10-20-09 08:36 PM
    The TP2s that have been released in the last few months all have the 3.5mm headphone jack.
    yes with the exception of the t-mobile version.
    10-21-09 01:12 AM
    You can use SEVEN BETA to get push email like you had on your blackberry device.
    How much is that SMS message it says will happen when you download Seven Beta? It says its an international number. THanks
    10-21-09 11:50 AM
    How much is that SMS message it says will happen when you download Seven Beta? It says its an international number. THanks
    If you tell your carrier you didn't make the send you can get it credited back.

I flash my phone like crazy so I racked up like $6 through that international sms.
    10-21-09 12:44 PM
    It depends on how much your carrier charges for international sms. I think sprint charges .20 cents per international message. Not sure how much verizon charges.
    10-21-09 03:23 PM
    Correct me if I'm wrong but can't the TP2 do way more than the Storm can?

The specs on the TP2 blow away the Storm don't they? Plus I watched a video review on Youtube of the TP2 and it looks like it WinMo OS is way more exiciting and capabilities more advanced than BB OS. Again I've never used the TP2 so let me know.

I'm thinking of getting the Touch Pro 2 just not sure which carrier. Plus I would love having a touchscreen AND full Qwerty. It just seemed from the video reviews I saw that the TP2 has more flexibility in it's OS and possibilities with Apps.
    10-26-09 01:45 AM
    WM is the most flexible OS, period. But that doesn't necessarily make it better.

Just depends what you like and what you want it to do.
    10-26-09 11:13 AM
    I am considering the TP2 as my next device also. I am still using my 8320 and it has held up quite well. Of course like all others I was patiently waiting for the next Blackberry to hit TMO but I really like the design and build quality this device has. I only used the device a short amount of time so I am not sure if its worth the $300 to upgrade
    If you decide against it, I highly recommend T-Mo's 8900. It is a fantastic device. If 3G is a necessity then maybe not but the WiFi and UMA capability are priceless
    10-28-09 09:11 AM
    Does anyone here have experience with T-Mo's version of the TP2? I'm thinking of adding this to my "collection" abd would like comments from people who have this flavor of the TP2.
    10-28-09 09:20 AM
44 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD