So the square flip phone from sprint. I think it is called lotus. Does anyone have one of these? My mom got one this weekend but is already having problems with it. Any reviews on this phone?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-14-09 05:50 PM
    my wife has one and absolutely loves it... what problems are you having?
    04-14-09 06:07 PM
    She had to take hers back already because when you tried to store a number in speed dial 4, the phone would lock up. When she took it in the sprint guy told her it was a terrible phone and she should get a different one. She just traded it for the same phone, but wondering if the phone is ok.

04-14-09 06:35 PM
    wife had a problem with the screen not displaying properly at one point. was a loose connection in the hinge of the flip. No software issues or anything, runs great. I put opera and a few basic apps on it and she says its the best phone shes ever had.
    04-15-09 07:35 AM
    I think it's a great consumer phone for an average phone user (probably an upgrade for them). I just hate that purple. The Rant seems to be good as well

04-15-09 02:45 PM
    Lol, the purple was the only deciding factor for my mom. She saw purple phone, it was time for upgrade.... And that is why I am trying to review it after she bought it.

Thanks for your input.

04-15-09 11:42 PM
    Before I got my BlackBerry, I had the Rant. It was my first semi-smart phone. I loved that phone so much (note my screen name) that it was unreal.

However, I had nothing but problems with it and went through 4 of them in 5 months.

I was on the phone with Sprint daily (sometimes several times a day) and going to the Sprint store almost weekly to have it reset, each time over the phone and at the store, they told me they had never seen that problem before (no matter what the problem was that particular day). One even dropped dead when the tech was resetting it (he said he had never had that happen before) so they gave me a brand new one (the 4th one, as I said, in 5 months) on the spot.

By this time, I noticed every time I went in to get it reset, people were lined up with the same problems (the main problem was that it would just freeze up) and I read some reviews that all pretty much said the same thing.

Sprint kept offering to let me exchane it for a Lotus, saying it was basically the same thing, but though it has the same screen layout and functions, I didn't like the way it looked.

I loved my Rant and didn't want to give it up for anything. I loved everything about it. The keyboard was spectacular! It had some funtions that I much prefer to my BB, including one that was built in that I had to pay $50 to get to make my BB do it (call screener).

Anyway, I finally gave up my Rant and got my BB. I grieved over it for a while, not too sure that the BB and I would get along, but now about 2 months later, I'm totally I love with my BB and don't know what I ever saw in the Rant. But I digress.

My point is, with the Lotus already having a similar problem to that typical of the Rant, with it basically being a Rant in a different costume, with the same consumer complaints, my advice would be to steer clear, ot at least go into it with great caution.

Or better yet, just forget it and get a BlackBerry.

I have not had 1 problem with my BB and have not needed to call Sprint about anything. I'm sure they are glad.

Maybe she/you will have better luck with the Lotus than I did with the Rant, but if she is already having problems, seems like the writing is on the wall.
    04-16-09 12:44 AM
    It's for their mom. Not saying she wouldn't get the hang of a BB but she might not want a smartphone

04-16-09 09:39 AM
    It's for their mom. Not saying she wouldn't get the hang of a BB but she might not want a smartphone

LOL I agree that her mom might not want a smartphone, but I sure hope you are not saying that for any reason other than that...

Some of us old folks have graduated to them and gotten the hang of them quite nicely.
    04-17-09 06:46 PM
    LOL no not @ all

04-17-09 09:33 PM
    Check out phonedog's review of the LG lotus on youtube. It is a very detailed review----actually two part each about 9 mins Type in lg lotus and you will see the clips I think it's soooooo cute if i didn't want a Bold I would definitely get the lotus!!!
    04-18-09 12:20 AM
    how do i get apps for my lotus??? please
    05-31-09 05:52 PM
    I loved my lotus when I had it, my only complaint was that you had to delete your text messages often or it would seriously delay the response time in the phone. It has a nice camera and I personally liked the keyboard better on that phone than on the BB. Your mom might have got a faulty one but I'd just exchange it because it's probably the best regular phone sprint has.
    06-03-09 10:47 PM
    i cant stand my lotus .. it cant keep up it lags really bad when im textin and then when i go back to erase a word it erases the whole txt .. i hate it . JMO
    06-07-09 02:40 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD