I stumbled across some new information about the actual iPhone price as it stands for existing, non-iPhone customers that aren't eligible for upgrade.

iPhone pricing is real.

I am still waiting for a more reputable source to back this up, but it is a good sign, for some of us anyway.
    06-10-08 10:17 PM
    Sadly I won't be getting one if it is not going to be useable on other networks.
    06-10-08 10:21 PM
    I guess you're using the iPhone on T-mobile atm?
    06-11-08 03:38 AM
    I hope ATT makes the prices same for everyone to keep it fair. Esp if they want to keep their loyal customers happy.

i wish att would pay my ETF lol damn them. Everyone is telling me not to switch bc of att being so awful...i just want the phone & i have 30 days if i absolutely hate the service!

Does anyone know if EFT's are prorated?? I heard some of that floating around before?
    06-11-08 06:24 AM
    I hope ATT makes the prices same for everyone to keep it fair. Esp if they want to keep their loyal customers happy.

i wish att would pay my ETF lol damn them. Everyone is telling me not to switch bc of att being so awful...i just want the phone & i have 30 days if i absolutely hate the service!

Does anyone know if EFT's are prorated?? I heard some of that floating around before?
    AT&T announced details of a new pro-rated Early Termination Fee (ETF). This new pro-rated ETF is effective May 25, 2008. The fee will start at $175 and be lowered by $5 per month, every month, for the term of the agreement. The new prorated ETF will give customers an even greater choice when it comes to their wireless needs.

The ETF affects all new 1- and 2-year agreements. This change does not affect existing consumer/business agreements. Customers who upgrade or renew their contracts or individual-line commitment before May 25, 2008, will not be eligible for the new prorated ETF.
    *10 characters*
    06-11-08 03:08 PM
    Thats true the the price of the iphone is cheaper. But the data plan is $30 for unlimited. I don't have att&t but i guess that is $10 more. And if you still use text messaging that will be another $20 a month for unlimited. they will get you one way or another.
    06-11-08 03:18 PM
    Thats true the the price of the iphone is cheaper. But the data plan is $30 for unlimited. I don't have att&t but i guess that is $10 more. And if you still use text messaging that will be another $20 a month for unlimited. they will get you one way or another.
    BlackBerry data plan is also $30 a month and also requires an additional $20 for unlimited texts. This plan pricing is not something exclusive to the iPhone...

All I care about is the cost of the phone itself.
    06-11-08 03:21 PM

AT&T is going to start pro-rating ETFs, but I think only for contracts starting on or after a certain date.

and fair? lol. How is it fair if this is the only phone they do that with? Trust me, I sit next to a guy who has had AT&T wireless for like eight years at least, and getting them to give a new phone at discount if your current contract isn't up takes a LOT of phone calls and ending up in the retention department. If they let people renew two year contracts to get this phone, it's hardly fair to the people who want another phone other than the iPhone and don't have that option

That said, I hope that the article is true. A friend of mine wants to ditch his RAZR for an iPhone and I haven't seen anything other than 'with 2 year contract' and from past experience ATT has been TOUGH to budge on extending an existing contract to get a new phone.
    Last edited by km2783; 06-11-08 at 03:47 PM. Reason: clarity
    06-11-08 03:42 PM
    *10 characters*

AHHH sweet so my new contract will be prorated! I'm so excited....IResq.com offered me $300 to buy my IPod touch from me. I was astounded. I have done business with them before selling old ipods and i honestly didnt think they'd offer me 300 from the IPT with the IPhone coming out soon.

SOOO now i am shipping out my Touch tomm, and should have the check before the IPhone comes out. Gonna be sad without my Ipod But hey!! now i am getting the iphone for free, and the sale of my BB will be to cover EFT from verizon and it will make me dole out zero dollars!!
    06-11-08 04:22 PM
    I've never heard of that service before. I've always just gone to Craigslist for my selling needs. Sounds like a cool deal though.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-11-08 06:13 PM
    That does sound like a sweet deal...

06-11-08 09:43 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD