I'm a tmo customer looking to possibly get a blackberry. But would a sidekick do a lot of the same things (organizer, calendar that syncs, email, internet, take and send pix????) or should I suck it up and get a bb? I think the sidekick looks so much less intimidating and looks less pretentious
    09-27-08 02:50 PM
    A sidekick has nothing on a BB. Go with your gut feeling on this one...
    09-27-08 03:02 PM
    Kick that sidekick to the curve like I did and get yoself a blackberry. Sidekicks iz 4 kids only grown folks can handle a bb lol.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-27-08 03:08 PM
    I went through every sidekick TMO has and I finally merged to the BB world. I won't ever go back!! Go with the BB

09-27-08 03:22 PM
    sidekick is toy
    09-27-08 03:24 PM
    BB for me. No Sidekicks. I mean I do not understand why a BB would intimidate you Mac. Explain that please.
    09-27-08 03:46 PM
    BB for me. No Sidekicks. I mean I do not understand why a BB would intimidate you Mac. Explain that please.
    I've never had anything more than the phone that is offered free with service and am new to this whole smart phone craze
    09-27-08 03:48 PM
    go with the bb
    09-27-08 03:50 PM
    I've never had anything more than the phone that is offered free with service and am new to this whole smart phone craze
    I see. However, BBs are very user friendly. It won't take you long to learn the ins and outs of the device. In addition, when you need help, you can always search CB for answers. Seems like a win win to me. You will have an excellent smartphone, and you will be able to connect with all the great people here at CB.
    09-27-08 03:59 PM
    BB >> SideKick

There is really no contest here, IMHO. A better question for TMobile would be G1 or Berry... or at least something legitimate!
    09-27-08 04:06 PM
    There is really no comparison, well i guess it depends on if you do heavy emailing or not, plans are virtually the same.....I THINK......

BB is def more responsive, it has apps like JiveTalk for the IM experience. Screen is good, i believe the form factor is just about equal the SK is longer while the BB is wider so call it even.

Not to Hi-Jack the thread but if you looker for something smaller why not wait for the Javelin to come out or the "CURVE 8900"
    Last edited by morales0416; 09-27-08 at 05:13 PM. Reason: TYPO
    09-27-08 05:12 PM
    Come on man, do you really have to ask. All phones do more or less the same thing, but BB does it with style.
    09-27-08 06:04 PM
    A sidekick has nothing on a BB. Go with your gut feeling on this one...
    I agree with SevereDeceit, you're comparing a Corvette (BB) to a Hyndai (SK). Go with the BB, you'll be happy you did!
    09-27-08 06:08 PM
    BB >> SideKick

There is really no contest here, IMHO. A better question for TMobile would be G1 or Berry... or at least something legitimate!
    Ha! Couldn't of said it better myself
    09-27-08 07:51 PM
    Although BBs aren't as customizable as Windows Mobile, it surely is 10Xs more customizable than a Sidekick. Need games, ringtones, wallpapers? You have Crackberry.com and hundreds of all sites that have them. On a sidekick, head to the limited selection of the catalog

I've had the sidekick and BB and I never once though of going back to the kick. This is all preference of course, but the majority that have made the switch will agree as well.
    09-27-08 09:29 PM
    I had a sidekick... Personally, I don't like paying $2.49 a ringtone

09-27-08 09:33 PM
    I almost bought a sidekick. I liked the slide. I almost made a huge mistake and made a kick my first "smart phone" what a joke!!! Save yourself! Stick with BB......

09-27-08 09:43 PM
    just sold my sidekick for a bb never had a bb before, had 2 sidekicks and i think it depends on you and what you will be doing
    09-27-08 10:26 PM
    Unless it's for price which isn't much of a difference, then I would see any non-subjective reasons to get the sidekick.

Email- all push
    Ringtones - created or bought buy you and cheaper
    Instant Messenger - JiveTalks kicks a llamas @$$
    BB Messenger - Yeah this is awesome
    Battery life - Add another 1

And the list goes on and on.
    09-28-08 01:51 AM
    That's like asking michae l jordon if he prefers kswiss of nike! Definitely go with the bb. Won't be dissapointed.

09-28-08 01:56 AM
    Didn't mean to post so many times.

09-28-08 01:57 AM
    go to a tmobile store and try them both out. then read the reviews on cnet or engadget. then decide.
    09-28-08 09:40 PM
    Sidekick.....LOL thats all I have to say, I hated mine when I had it, Bulky, Slow, Low Resolution...
    09-28-08 09:50 PM
    If you are 12 get a sidekick. If you aren't get a BB.
    09-28-08 09:50 PM
    Definitely go with the Blackberry. But I do find it funny that you would ask which phone to go with on a Blackberry forum. I bet if we headed over to the Sidekick forum they'd all say get a Sidekick (that is after they ask their parents for permission

You'll love the BB!!!
    09-28-08 10:06 PM
66 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD