Well... in the Verizon store, the Omnia does not have a camera on the front... but now I'm in Israel, and at the phone stores, quite a few of the Samsung and Nokia(including the Omnia) phones have cameras on the front(and back). but the front cameras are used for video calling.

My question is why don't any phones in the US have this feature yet?
    Its a really cool feature... and I'm quite surprised that it has not been released in the US, but Israel and Europe have it...

I have the Storm, and would never switch to an Omnia, but I would love for the Storm 2 to have this feature, and I feel it should if it is so widely used in other countries, and is on the most basic of cell phones...
    07-19-09 04:26 PM
    We are so far behind in technology, it is surprising...the other countries are years ahead of us with that
    07-20-09 01:57 PM
    Verizon often strips off the front facing camera.

Even the Nokia 5800 has a 2 cameras with video call support and that phone costs a mere $300 retail (no subsidies)... US carriers have a different mentality, and they often restrict features out of phones and reduce specs.
    07-20-09 02:21 PM
    Sometimes phone carriers do that to limit strain on their network. Imagine if everyone was doing that.
    07-21-09 07:25 PM
    Someone actually has an Omnia?
    07-26-09 05:52 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD