Well I love my Storm put lots of money into it with apps and accessories. But I keep looking at this Omnia II with it's killer and I mean killer specs.. I normally switch out phones every few months since I get bored but I'm really wanting to settle on one for a while. I love the Storm in every way except the damn browser. Bolt and Opera just don't do it for me. Getting sick of the lack of app space and sluggishness of it to.

Omnia has 512mb app space, 256mb ram and a blistering fast 800mhz processor with a DEDICATED 3D accelerator chip. The games look VERY impressive, definatly PSP quality from the leaks I've seen. And an OLED display at 800x480.
    I just can't decide though... Opera Mobile.. is it much better than the BB browser? anywhere near the Mobile Safari of Symbian browser? I don't know if the Opera browser is server side rendering with webkit or not.

My wants are good browser, good games, movies and music with some email and IM/texting...

I'd just say F it and go to AT&T but it just isn't an option for me...
    08-22-09 10:24 PM
    I am waiting on the Omnia 2 as well. I do not know what games are like on it but I found a site that allows you to "play" with one online. If it runs anything like the site shows it should be awesome. My only problem will be if Verizon carries all 3 versions which one I will get. There is supposed to be a 2, 8 , and 16gb version. Here is the site I am talking about.

SAMSUNG OMNIA II
    08-24-09 07:17 PM
    Opera Mobile is plain and simple awesome. It has excellent rendering abilities, its fast, and it has TABS!! By far my most missed aspect from switching to BB, even more than threaded texts. It still doesn't have flash but you can get skyfire to fill that void. Before jumping on the Omnia I would wait and see how the Storm 2 turns out.
    08-25-09 08:20 PM
    Omnia has 512mb app space, 256mb ram and a blistering fast 800mhz processor with a DEDICATED 3D accelerator chip. The games look VERY impressive, definatly PSP quality from the leaks I've seen. And an OLED display at 800x480.
    I just can't decide though... Opera Mobile.. is it much better than the BB browser? anywhere near the Mobile Safari of Symbian browser? I don't know if the Opera browser is server side rendering with webkit or not.
    If you use Opera Turbo it does some server side rendering, otherwise it doesn't.

800mhz isn't going to be quite as fast as you think it should be on WM.

Also the games aren't PSP quality and finding games for WM is not fun. Why? Too many different devices, so games are not supported/semi supported/supported but don't use the entire screen/etc. Tons of games still don't support WVGA and even if they do, it doesn't mean it's going to work on the Omnia 2.
    08-25-09 08:43 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD