Looking for something to complement my 8900. I'd like a wifi device with available apps for download to keep me interested. Would like something that would allow me to make free or almost free calls over wifi via Skyp or the like while here or traveling anywhere I have a wifi connection. Of course email or instant message, but I'm ok only having these in wifi areas. But a device I could tether to my BB for data connectivity when out of wifi would be great too. For entertainment, video is at the top, then games, then music. From what I can see, my two immediate options are the iTouch or the Nokia N810. The Nokia would be a slam dunk, but I'm on the fence as it seems a little "old" and I'm wondering if Nokia will have a new similar device coming out soon. Or if they are moving away from their tablets altogether. In either case, not sure I'd want one then. Apple - well i don't particularly like to follow trends. What makes this device attractive to me is the store. But I also have an Archos 605 and PROMISED myself I would NEVER again buy a device from any manufacturer that the battery cannot easily be replaced in and or support multiple batteries. It bugs me on the logic of this that if I'm traveling I can't buy an extra battery and swap it out during flights etc. I realize there are also mobile phones that will do a lot of this, but voice is lower on my list than music (i already have an 8900 for phone). 3g or even CDMA connectivity for data would be "nice" but isn't on my list of must haves.

Maybe I'm waxing poetic and there is no such device. Anyone know of something on the near horizon or anything to say on the Nokia N810?? Don't tell me to buy a laptop - i've got 3. They're all too big for what I'm envisioning.

If someone could cross breed an 8900 and a Storm and an N810 - i'd be first in line.
    03-29-09 07:27 PM
    Without any shred of doubt, the iPod touch
    03-29-09 10:06 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD