Below are two links for the Nokia N8:
    http://nokiaexperts.com/nokia-n8-ann...apixel-camera/
    Nokia N8 goes official with 12MP camera and HD video - GSMArena.com news

and the specs are here:
    Nokia N8 - Full phone specifications

What's everyone's opinions on this? Will this device, IN YOUR OPINION, be worth the $500.00 sticker?

I just want everyone's opinions, as I am considering purchasing this device when it's released in the third quarter of this year. Hopefully it'll be as nice as the N95-8GB (N95-2 and N95-4).
    04-27-10 02:58 PM
    Ughh I can't see myself ever going back to Nokia and Symbian

Ive had everything from N82 up to 5800 Xpress

The device hardware sure looks nice and I'm happy there using capacitive touch screens though.

Nokia devices also have the best mobile speakers on the market

Gonna have to pass even though this is the first Nokia device I'm considering

N97 and N900 didn't do it for me
    04-28-10 09:35 AM
    To be honest the only reason I went from my E71 back to my 8310 Curve was because there isn't a Symbian version of BeeJive. I never found a sutible IM application for Nokia... Pitty, the E71 was, and still is, a nice device.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-28-10 10:22 AM
    the e71 was awesome

i hated the pics it took and the 2.5mm jack

i still have a black n82 for nights out
    04-28-10 04:14 PM
    The N8 will not be the old symbian.
    It will be a new version, with QT support.
    I think QT will be a game changer for Nokia app developers are starting to line up with it write an app once and cross compile for multiple platforms.
    The new symbian is a total rewrite compared to the s60 version they have been trying to stick on things like the 5800 and n97.

I think they are on the way to winner myself.
    05-14-10 03:35 AM
    To be honest the only reason I went from my E71 back to my 8310 Curve was because there isn't a Symbian version of BeeJive. I never found a sutible IM application for Nokia... Pitty, the E71 was, and still is, a nice device.

Theres nimbuzz and fring, and well a bunch of others. Nimbuzz is also on BB, but the symbian version is far better. Has Skype voice calling as well as SIP calling. Fring is good, it can actually go Skype Video calling on some Symbian phones.

As for the N8, it looks amazing. The camera is outstanding. Symbian3 looks very nice. I actually really like Symbian/S60. I was thinking my next phone would be the Pre/Webos, but Im really looking at the N8. If it has a decent price tag, I might grab it. Though Im quite happy with my 9700. And the more I see the 9800, the more I want it as well. But man the camera on the N8 is so damn good.
    06-08-10 09:20 AM
    Im also looking forward to this device it seems amazing but being the last Symbian 3 device it reminded me of the n900 where it seems nokia has abandoned the maemo platform due to focus on meego, so i'll probably hold out for the n9 iwhich is supposed to be way better than the n8 except for the fact it has a 8mp camera instead of 12mp.

heres some info on the n9

Nokia’s N9 Might be a MeeGo Phone After All | Best Mobile Contracts

Nokia N9 - Full phone specifications

as i stated earlier i dont want to get the n8 because nokia has officially announced n8 is thier last symbian 3 device so i have a feeling in time nokia will dump it and focus more on the meego phones,so i'll wait out for the first meego phone

Source:
    Nokia N8 to be final Symbian N Series device, all MeeGo from here on out -- Engadget

so bottom line i'll be rocking meego if the blackberry storm 3/4 doesn't impress me

i wonder if meego will really be amazing, and if it'll come with alot of apps than blackberries do?
    08-04-10 08:55 PM
    What exactly is meego? I've never heard of it before.

Also, what are the chances that a US carrier will get either the N8 or the N9?

08-04-10 09:04 PM
    hey guys so apparently i was wrong in my earlier post the n9 is currently being kept a secret but people are saying it should have specs that would match that of the n8 or better the phone i said was the n9 was actually another nokia devive that will most likely be with the C-series a cheaper alternative to the n8

heres a link theres many more like this if you search for it

Again, the Nokia N9 Slips Out to Show Off its 4" Screen and 8MP Camera
    08-04-10 09:32 PM
    What exactly is meego? I've never heard of it before.

Also, what are the chances that a US carrier will get either the N8 or the N9?

heres some info on it some people also call it mameo 6
    What is MeeGo? 10 things to know about Nokia and Intel's new OS - Know Your Cell

and n8 is pentaband and will work on both AT&T/T-Mobile's 3g networks. the n9 which will be the next iteration of the n-series device for Nokia will most likely also be pentaband im not sure but from speculation i guess one good say its most likely
    Last edited by fallensoulja; 08-04-10 at 09:44 PM.
    08-04-10 09:40 PM
    heres some info on it some people also call it mameo 6
    What is MeeGo? 10 things to know about Nokia and Intel's new OS - Know Your Cell
    Thanks, fallensoulja.

I read that this was based off of Linux. Isn't Android also Linux-based?

08-04-10 09:43 PM
    Thanks, fallensoulja.

I read that this was based off of Linux. Isn't Android also Linux-based?

no prob and heres a post i found to back up the fact n8 is pentaband

Nokia n8 - T-Mobile Community

and yes the android is based of linux kernel and gnu software but i remembering reading somewhere that android isnt fully based on it just a certain percent i'll try to find some proof but if im wrong feel free to correct me
    Last edited by fallensoulja; 08-04-10 at 09:54 PM.
    08-04-10 09:46 PM
    and yes the android is based of linux kernel and gnu software but i remembering reading somewhere that android isnt fully based on it just a certain percent i'll try to find some proof but if im wrong feel free to correct me
    You're probably right about that. So is MeeGo fully based on Linux then?

08-04-10 10:26 PM
    You're probably right about that. So is MeeGo fully based on Linux then?

well actually i just learned that it too will be partly based on linux similar to how android is
    08-05-10 10:41 AM
    well actually i just learned that it too will be partly based on linux similar to how android is
    I'm wondering what kind of apps will be available for MeeGo. I actually plan on giving it a try. Symbian has never failed to let me down. In my opinion its a solid OS and I hope MeeGo is just as good.

08-05-10 11:53 AM
    I'm wondering what kind of apps will be available for MeeGo. I actually plan on giving it a try. Symbian has never failed to let me down. In my opinion its a solid OS and I hope MeeGo is just as good.

yeah me too im hoping they'll have an abundance of apps that are free/real cheap.
    and meego is supposed to be awesome and also allow more developers to create apps for it due to the new qt kernel and some other stuff.
    08-05-10 03:04 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD