I'm looking for feedback on this device, it's at T-Mobile now.

Thanks
    08-21-10 02:42 PM
    Here is feedback for you. LOL.
    08-21-10 03:30 PM
    I had a Nokia E71 and I went back and forth between loving it and hating it. If you're not an "apps" person, then you will like it. The recent E-series devices are very similar (E71, E72, E73).
    It's a stable, good, business class device.
    Like I said, if you want a no nonsense solid communications device, go for it.

But the symbian operating system is kinda outdated in my opinion, so I moved on.
    08-21-10 03:53 PM
    It's okay. I had one for 'bout a week to test it out. Loved the text reader function, really fun with the nasty messages at parties. If you're use to the Ovi part of it and like it then I'd say go for it, but the fact is Ovi store is pure junk, worst excuse for an app world to ever exist, that includes Windows Mobile and Blackberry at 1000 paces beyond Ovi. Ovi maps rocks, however, and the keyboard was really nice, responsive and comfortable. I'm just a Nokia hater, they don't produce anything in the American market worth lookin' at twice. Go to the middle east and they're the Curry's tang.
    08-21-10 10:15 PM
    It is a better built phone than ANY BlackBerry. It has a nicer feeling keyboard, better camera, better sound quality, better battery life, and more included functionality overall than any BlackBerry.

However, though the keyboard feels good, if you type quickly you will notice that it cannot keep up and will skip letters. While Nokia's email has gotten fast enough to make me not miss BB, it is text only, unless you tap the link to the html version...every single time. There is no separate Tasks application. Calendar and Contact categories are not available on the E73 at all.
    08-22-10 02:49 AM
    It is a better built phone than ANY BlackBerry. It has a nicer feeling keyboard, better camera, better sound quality, better battery life, and more included functionality overall than any BlackBerry.

However, though the keyboard feels good, if you type quickly you will notice that it cannot keep up and will skip letters. While Nokia's email has gotten fast enough to make me not miss BB, it is text only, unless you tap the link to the html version...every single time. There is no separate Tasks application. Calendar and Contact categories are not available on the E73 at all.
    Nice keyboard, better camera, better battery life, and the switchable mode... but hardly a better sound quality. The Bold has one of the nicest speaker systems on a phone that I've ever encountered, beat only by HTC's Touch Pro2. The E73 does make it into the top ten, though, I'll agree with the sentiments of the statement, but not the specifics.
    08-22-10 12:00 PM
    I should have specified then...better handset sound quality on the E73. The Bold does have a better speakerphone...no question about it. The incoming and outgoing sound quality, the clarity, is definitely better on the Nokia.
    08-24-10 09:27 PM
    A friend of mine has a Nokia E71. The only thing I like about it is the FREE turn-by-turn navigation. He uses it every time he goes on a trip, and I have to admit, it has a great quality - street view 3D /2D / traffic / clear voice navigation / etc etc

The turn-by-turn navigation software for Blackberries with a similar quality does come with a monthly fee, no exceptions. Besides that any current Blackberry is better than a Nokia E71 (and E73 since they are very similar) in easily 8 out of 10 categories.
    Last edited by iBerry Lifestyle; 09-02-10 at 07:26 PM.
    09-01-10 07:24 PM
    + 10 on the keyboards and the Turn by Turn navigation.
    it's better than getting the Garmin Phones out there.
    people forget that the Number 1 phone manufacturer in the World is NOKIA.
    not RIM, not Apple nor Motorola.
    so if you really like the phone go for it..
    09-04-10 11:11 PM
    E71 is better in look as compared to E72 but E72 has better specs than E71. It has 3G bandthat works on T-mobile. This phone is really very good.
    09-13-10 02:59 AM
    I like the looks of it but I'm not sold on the keyboard. I think that the messaging system on the BlackBerry devices is superior. If I couldn't have a BB, I think that I would give Nokia a shot, but that isn't the case. I like the hardware of BlackBerry smartphones and th BlackBerry system. I'm not really concerned with the applications. I don't download a lot of applications now with my BlackBerry. But I do like the functionality. I also like that there are a lot of choices of front-facing physical keyboard devices.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-24-10 09:04 PM
    A friend of mine has a Nokia E71. The only thing I like about it is the FREE turn-by-turn navigation. He uses it every time he goes on a trip, and I have to admit, it has a great quality - street view 3D /2D / traffic / clear voice navigation / etc etc

The turn-by-turn navigation software for Blackberries with a similar quality does come with a monthly fee, no exceptions. Besides that any current Blackberry is better than a Nokia E71 (and E73 since they are very similar) in easily 8 out of 10 categories.

Sprint Navagation app for BlackBerry is awesome. Perfect 3d/2d veiw, FREE and accurate. My phone company couldn't pay me to use a nokia. nokia's only the worlds most selling phone manufacturer because they're cheap garbage to temporarily hold you over if you phone breaks until you can buy a new one. Not because they're any good, at all. They're terrible. Haha

10-16-10 05:00 AM
    And LifeinPocket is free. Decent turn by turn as well

10-16-10 05:01 AM
    I had E 71 and then E72 I loved both of my device...

Battery life is amazing on these two phone... I couldn't try E73 because it was not released in my country.

But nonetheless its same as the other 2 device I have used.

And I have to agree symbian operating system is outdated, And find it bit slow then BB

After using Blackberry I am sure I will never use Nokia.. I am a Nokia fan and I have been using Nokia's from Past 8 years maybe..

You can find alot of apps for symbian phones..

Nokia phones are solid built!!

But I love my BB
    11-13-10 05:25 AM
    I have an E71, amazing! Couldn't have asked for a better phone. Has lasted me a year and a half. Get a screen protector if you get one. I have original Firmware and is still fast and good even with hundreds of contacts, being used ina different country and with a full memory card! bunch of apps available but most good gamed unsigned....a way around it but dodgy. I say get it man, Nokia knows their ****, blackberrys are just too trendy to compete in Canada though haha
    12-12-10 12:24 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD